• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Cheng Bock: I have been un-invited to PA's CNY celebrations.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for him to let his friends knew of PAP stingy/ childish manners.
Friends are friends regardless of whether we are in the same party or have different philosophies.

Also to prevent misunderstanding, which may happen among grassroots circle, of him not-attending the function.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wtf?? PAP Government said that the PE was not linked to Party politics. So why are they so petty now?

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
PA used wrong list and invited Tan Cheng Bock by mistake: Lim Swee Say

THE People's Association made a mistake and used an old invitation list instead of an updated one.

That is how it ended up inviting and then uninviting former People's Action Party Member of Parliament and presidential candidate Dr Tan Cheng Bock to a Chinese New Year garden party.

The party is an annual event for past and present grassroots leaders and this year's is taking place this Sunday evening at the Istana.

That was the explanation given by Mr Lim Swee Say, the deputy chairman of the PA and labour chief, in response to media queries on Friday hours after Dr Tan posted on his Facebook page a status update on being uninvited.

What fark shit is this? didn't the MIW CUNTS claimed all along PA to be non-political? then why the hell is PA organising PAP events?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What fark shit is this? didn't the MIW CUNTS claimed all along PA to be non-political? then why the hell is PA organising PAP events?

PA non-political, PE non-political, GE free & fair, judiciary got no kangaroos, SPH got no prostitutes, GST is to help the poor, FT is to raise your wages, flooding is once in 50 years, progressive wage is not minimum wage, two extra eggs with your char kway teow is not corruption ...

Seriously, you guys believe all this SHIT???

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i dont understand wht TCB cannot talk about this, and why we cannot comment..... this is normal human conversational topic. no?

something like this also must keep secret?

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
PA non-political, PE non-political, GE free & fair, judiciary got no kangaroos, SPH got no prostitutes, GST is to help the poor, FT is to raise your wages, flooding is once in 50 years, progressive wage is not minimum wage, two extra eggs with your char kway teow is not corruption ...

Seriously, you guys believe all this SHIT???

60.1% still believe.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wait a minute, I'm confused. Is this a PA or PAP CNY party? Or knn they are the same thing?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wait a minute, I'm confused. Is this a PA or PAP CNY party? Or knn they are the same thing?

PAP and PA are one happy family.

537665_436721053047882_1702477013_n.jpg

palmer2.jpg

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PA invited Tan Cheng Bock by mistake: Lim Swee Say
Posted on Feb 7, 2014 3:08 PM
By Robin Chan

People’s Association deputy chairman Lim Swee Say, said the PA made a mistake and used an old invitation list instead of an updated one. That is how it ended up inviting and then uninviting former People’s Action Party Member of Parliament and presidential candidate Dr Tan Cheng Bock to a Chinese New Year garden party. -- ST FILE PHOTO: DESMOND WEE
The People’s Association made a mistake and used an old invitation list instead of an updated one.

That is how it ended up inviting and then uninviting former People’s Action Party Member of Parliament and presidential candidate Dr Tan Cheng Bock to a Chinese New Year garden party.

The party is an annual event for past and present grassroots leaders and this year’s is taking place this Sunday evening at the Istana.

That was the explanation given by Mr Lim Swee Say, the deputy chairman of the PA and labour chief, in response to media queries on Friday hours after Dr Tan posted on his Facebook page a status update on being uninvited.

“It is most unfortunate that PA made the mistake of using the old list instead of the updated list. We are sorry for the error, and this is why I phoned Mr Tan and the other affected invitees personally to explain the mistake, and followed up with personal emails to apologise again,” Mr Lim said.

He added that the list of invitees is reviewed and refreshed periodically to allow a wider base of people who serve the community to attend the yearly reception.

“The most recent review was conducted a few months ago. Instead of inviting all ex-advisers to grassroots organisations repeatedly for 20, 30 years or even longer, we decided to limit the list to only ex-advisers who stood down in the immediate past general election,” he added.

Mr Lim did not say how many invitees were affected by this mistake, or who they are.

He added that he was “heartened that Mr Tan very graciously accepted my explanation over the phone” and is “surprised that he now brings this up publicly as an issue”.

Dr Tan’s post has gathered almost 2,000 likes and more than 800 shares since it was put online on Friday morning.

He told The Straits Times that he decided to write about in on Facebook because many grassroots leaders had asked if he would be attending the event.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
“It is most unfortunate that PA made the mistake of using the old list instead of the updated list. We are sorry for the error, and this is why I phoned Mr Tan and the other affected invitees personally to explain the mistake, and followed up with personal emails to apologise again,” Mr Lim said.

Since TCB said he was invited every year until this year, the updated list should have been drafted this year. A new list this year should be fresh in the minds and already a mistake is made? The staff at PA are pretty incompetent, I see. Reminds me of those cheap accounts clerks that can't even do a simple thing right, like sending invoices to wrong addresses.

He added that the list of invitees is reviewed and refreshed periodically to allow a wider base of people who serve the community to attend the yearly reception.

Why is there a need to remove people if you are trying to grow the base of people?

He added that he was “heartened that Mr Tan very graciously accepted my explanation over the phone” and is “surprised that he now brings this up publicly as an issue”.

Dr Tan’s post has gathered almost 2,000 likes and more than 800 shares since it was put online on Friday morning.

He told The Straits Times that he decided to write about in on Facebook because many grassroots leaders had asked if he would be attending the event.

That's because his incompetent mind cannot comprehend the logic that if you have made the mistake, simply stick to it and invite the wrongly invited people for this year, instead of uninviting. This is basic human common sense courtesy. Uninviting is unheard of in this world. People will be offended.

Last edited:

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Tan Cheng Bock
about an hour ago
SORRY
You are “un-invited” to the Chinese New Year Garden Party.
On 27 Dec 2013 I received an invitation from People’s Association to the CNY Istana party (9th Feb 2014). I told them I will come with my wife as usual.
Then on 8th Jan 2014 l was informed by Minister Lim Swee Say, deputy chairman PA that this was an error! He conveyed to me by phone and email. There was a change in ‘policy’ to invite only those ex-advisers to grassroots organisations, from the immediate past GE (2011). I did not fit into this category as l stood down in 2006.
Since 1980 l had always been invited to attend the CNY garden party and l never failed to go. I get to meet grassroots leaders and old colleagues and we exchange warm New Year greetings.
The warm reception usually given me by those grassroots leaders at the function, were overwhelming, more so, after the Presidential election. At times it was very touching. Last year l had to be helped to get back into my car because the crowd kept me from moving forward.
I shall miss meeting all these friends there again this Sunday.
https://www.facebook.com/TanChengBock

Dr Tan CB, in my heart, the good people are partying...
=====
Anyhow, the following seems what PAP today is all about...
wsm.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wee_Shu_Min_elitism_controversy
Wee Shu Min elitism controversy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Wee Shu Min elitism controversy occurred in October 2006. Wee Shu Min, daughter of parliament member Wee Siew Kim and a then-eighteen year-old student on Raffles Junior College's scholarship programme, found herself in controversy[1] after posting on her blog what were viewed by some Singaporeans to be elitist,[2] naïve, and insensitive statements against heartlanders.[3]
Dismissing the views of Derek Wee who voiced concerns on job security and age discrimination on his blog, she shot back with a take-no-prisoners diatribe,[2][4] calling Derek a "stupid crackpot", belonging to "the sadder class" and overreliant on the government. Her post also called for Derek to "get out of my elite uncaring face". [5]
Her response triggered an avalanche of criticism, as it came on the heels of the sensational suicide of an individual (said to be facing financial difficulties) at Chinese Garden MRT Station.[6][7] As a result, her name topped Technorati's search terms for a week.[8] She has since appeared to have apologised[9] on another blog and shut down her own.[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wee_Shu_Min_elitism_controversy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Have a serious question to ask Dr. Tan Chemg Bock - who did you vote for?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lianbeng used to be a part-time volunteer with a Community Club as a temp-Constituency Support Assistant! :biggrin: they said People's Association PA is an organization under PAP just like SAF is under Mindef lah! anyway, all CSO n CSA must go for course at PA located at Kallang mah!