• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Cheng Bock: I have been un-invited to PA's CNY celebrations.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Tan Cheng Bock
about an hour ago

SORRY

You are “un-invited” to the Chinese New Year Garden Party.

On 27 Dec 2013 I received an invitation from People’s Association to the CNY Istana party (9th Feb 2014). I told them I will come with my wife as usual.

Then on 8th Jan 2014 l was informed by Minister Lim Swee Say, deputy chairman PA that this was an error! He conveyed to me by phone and email. There was a change in ‘policy’ to invite only those ex-advisers to grassroots organisations, from the immediate past GE (2011). I did not fit into this category as l stood down in 2006.

Since 1980 l had always been invited to attend the CNY garden party and l never failed to go. I get to meet grassroots leaders and old colleagues and we exchange warm New Year greetings.
The warm reception usually given me by those grassroots leaders at the function, were overwhelming, more so, after the Presidential election. At times it was very touching. Last year l had to be helped to get back into my car because the crowd kept me from moving forward.

I shall miss meeting all these friends there again this Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/TanChengBock

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
noFOOking respect from the rich and powerful and socalled good, but always preaching thses values on others like they are the best examples of it

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ho Ho Ho.

So much talking about the govt wanting to recognise the pioneer generation.

Ho Ho Ho

Such hypocrisy is not unexpected.

Ho Ho Ho

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sawhim once, vividly remember that he himself is a big hypocrite, that's the impression that he gave me. tan kin lian is better, he can tahan all kind of nonsense on the internet.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TCB is a hypocrite. Wants to bask in his new-found anti-establishment credentials (PE2011), yet continue to feed off the Pappy buffet spread. Sorry, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

End of the day, he's still a dyed-in-the-wool Pappy sycophant.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCB is a hypocrite. Wants to bask in his new-found anti-establishment credentials (PE2011), yet continue to feed off the Pappy buffet spread. Sorry, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

End of the day, he's still a dyed-in-the-wool Pappy sycophant.

I beg to differ.

We need more PAP men and women like him, daring to challenge the policies which did not improve Sinkies lives and did waste tax payer money.

For example, voicing of 7 wonders in Sinkie land came from those righteous PAP members; Tan Soo Khoon et. al.

Last edited:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not invited so what? Complain for fuck? PAP chinese new year party big fuck? Nbcb

Good for him to let his friends knew of PAP stingy/ childish manners.
Friends are friends regardless of whether we are in the same party or have different philosophies.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vindictive and petty PAP bastards, not even giving face to one of their own veterans.

See the similarities?

PAP = Nazi Party
PA = SA (Brownshirts)
Young PAP = Hitler Youth

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We need more PAP men and women like him, daring to challenge the policies which did not improve Sinkies lives and did waste tax payer money.

For example, voicing of 7 wonders in Sinkie land came from those righteous PAP members; Tan Soo Khoon et. al.

Yes, we need more PAP men/women who dare to challenge the status quo, people of the ilk of Tan Soo Khoon, Lily Neo, Tan Kin Lian, even Denise Phua. And if we are talking about a credible opposition govt in the near-term, a rival PAP faction might be our best bet.

But not TCB. This guy speaks out both sides of his mouth. He's just too ensconced in his privileged bed of roses to genuinely want to rock the boat and bring about real change.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good for him to let his friends knew of PAP stingy/ childish manners.
Friends are friends regardless of whether we are in the same party or have different philosophies.

Indeed, that is as childish as not being friends with people who support a rival football club.

It's CNY, only once a year, and how many more years can Tan Cheng Bock live?

Now he's being fixed for having the temerity to run for president against the Imperial Uncle Tony Tan.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, we need more PAP men/women who dare to challenge the status quo, people of the ilk of Tan Soo Khoon, Lily Neo, Tan Kin Lian, even Denise Phua. And if we are talking about a credible opposition govt in the near-term, a rival PAP faction might be our best bet.

But not TCB. This guy speaks out both sides of his mouth. He's just too ensconced in his privileged bed of roses to genuinely want to rock the boat and bring about real change.

Ok lor...
Some are dare fighters, risking their own life like Lim Chin Siong.
Some are moderate, afraid to lose their living style, but outspoken for commoners, like TCB, TSK.
Majorities are coward, like me who dare not to step out to street, but demonstrate my feeling on line.
Ha ha... ...

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you are talking about TSK and TKL, TCB is better. TCB has always spoke up. TSK spoke up only after he stepped down as Speaker and TKL after he was no longer NTUC Income CEO. Even by standards, TKL is hardly challenging.

Denise Phua is hardly challenging also. Even Inderjit is more fiery.

But I agree with naming Lily Neo.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new ruling was obviously customize for TCB and an obvious attempt to humiliate him by extending the invitation then withdraw on the eleventh hour. . I remember the same thing happen to CSM when he was un-invited to some religious grassroots event.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are talking about TSK and TKL, TCB is better.

my dad, who voted in the pe, said about the 4 tan's: "it's like you're getting gangraped in the rear. 1st pervert, jee seow (js), will play with your arsehole and then shaft a broom in; 2nd perv, kum lan (kl), will grope your lang jeow and lick the perineum; 3rd rapist, tancho, will smirk and put on a condom and cum before shafting in; and finally, 4th fucker, chee bye (cb) will give a lecture and get frustrated and bitter for not getting an erection." :rolleyes: