• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SYT kena mistaken for China pussy wor....

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
...hahahahhaha

Singaporeans should be more gracious towards all foreigners

I WAS walking towards Bugis Village with my elderly father-in-law when we stopped at a pavement stall selling potted plants. There was one flowering plant whose name I could not remember.
So, being always polite and friendly, I asked the stall owner, an unsmiling middle-aged woman, and she answered ridiculously: 'Ribena.'

That could not be the name of the flower, even though it was red, and I persisted: 'No, the name in Chinese.' She tilted her head backwards slightly, and gave me a look I will never forget.

I asked a few more times, thinking she might be trying to recall the name, but when I realised she did not plan to utter another word, I turned to leave.

She gently tapped the arm of my father-in-law, who was still standing there, and asked who I was, suspecting perhaps that I was his foreign girlfriend. My father-in-law had to explain that I was his daughter-in-law.

At once, she glanced at me and uttered the correct name of the plant in Chinese. I returned her look, but this time, I was sure she had treated me as someone lowly and not to be respected. I felt disgusted.

We walked away, not wanting to get into a fight.

This stall owner was not the only one to mistake me for a 'foreign girlfriend'. Some even ask how old I am, how many years I have been married, my occupation, nationality and so on.

Can Singaporeans be more open and respectful towards others?

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha..maybe she dress like a PRC? She should improve her dressing sense then.:biggrin:

...hahahahhaha

I WAS walking towards Bugis Village with my elderly father-in-law when we stopped at a pavement stall selling potted plants. There was one flowering plant whose name I could not remember.
So, being always polite and friendly, I asked the stall owner, an unsmiling middle-aged woman, and she answered ridiculously: 'Ribena.'

That could not be the name of the flower, even though it was red, and I persisted: 'No, the name in Chinese.' She tilted her head backwards slightly, and gave me a look I will never forget.

I asked a few more times, thinking she might be trying to recall the name, but when I realised she did not plan to utter another word, I turned to leave.

She gently tapped the arm of my father-in-law, who was still standing there, and asked who I was, suspecting perhaps that I was his foreign girlfriend. My father-in-law had to explain that I was his daughter-in-law.

At once, she glanced at me and uttered the correct name of the plant in Chinese. I returned her look, but this time, I was sure she had treated me as someone lowly and not to be respected. I felt disgusted.

This stall owner was not the only one to mistake me for a 'foreign girlfriend'. Some even ask how old I am, how many years I have been married, my occupation, nationality and so on.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wak-har-har!

Lessons to all SYTs who don't want to be seen jalan jalan with some Ah Pek who suspiciously look like DOF, Dirty Old F---.

Chances are you will be regarded as a CSI-Chinese Sex Imports!

...hahahahhaha

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
So fortunate to be mistaken for PRC but this stupid Singapore girl doesnt realise it

Maybe she just jealous all the PRC babes so hot and she CMI

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
...hahahahhaha

Of course Singaporeans can be more respectful towards other SINGAPOREANs.

If she looks like a low class PRC Pros and got mistaken for one, then how to respect?

Prostitutes do not deserve any respect because they chose to sell off their respect and dignity.

_AXL_

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better than our elites in Temasick who by buying high and selling low, they have chosen to sell off OUR respect and dignity in the world community. :biggrin:

sorry, they r just throwing away our money... it is we ourselves who threw away our own respect and dignity by continuing to vote for them.:biggrin:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You all notice these ungracious people tend to belong to PRE 65 generation who are accusing the POST 65 or being ungracious? HAHAHAHAHHAA