• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

sunkopitiam - ??

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: ___________ - ??

They'll be here sooner or later in one guise or another. :wink: It's just a matter of time before everyone gravitates here again and we're back to square one. :biggrin:

Yes.... hope all cocks and hens return here to roost.... :biggrin::wink::p

beng

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can assure you that NONE of the "forumers" that have visited any of my forums are worth tracing.
In order to justify being traced, one first has to be considered a threat in the real world. The sad fact is that nobody qualifies. Even the most outspoken ones who make no effort to conceal their identities have to more or less say "Please arrest me" many times over before the PAP obliges.:p

Thats (question of whom pap want to nab) not the question but whether the identity of forumers can be compromised in a simple way....

whats the point of engaging in a chat discussion blasting the pap knowing one can be nab as and when pap wishes....

beng

tommyh

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are quite right about proxy servers. However there are many who are not in Singapore. Remember the 1000 a year brain drain, etc etc etc. And the Singapore proxy servers would be useless for the thousands of Singaporeans living OUTSIDE of Singapore.

Coffee shop talk is just that. The Singapore G cannot be bothered. But the fact is that on your site you have access to IP and password and PMs and thus know who we are. All this info can be made available for a sum of money. You could even offer a breakdown with statistics on certain hot button topics.

With Delphi you can be anonymous,especially for those outside of the proxy servers. With anonymity you can afford a better discussion on politics.

Just pointing out the facts.

The PAP controls all the ISPs... sorry... I'll correct my statement... the PAP OWNS all the ISPs.

They do not need to trace IPs from chat rooms, forums and blogs.

EVERYTHING goes through their giant scanner.. the proxy servers! Companies are allowed to bypass proxies but everything is captured in the server logs of the company which the PAP can easily demand with a simple court order. (from a PAP owned court of course)

Do you think that the PAPPIES decided to implement proxy servers just to ban a nominal 100 adult sites? There are much cheaper and simpler ways of banning 100 domains. :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

With Delphi you can be anonymous,especially for those outside of the proxy servers. With anonymity you can afford a better discussion on politics.

Just pointing out the facts.

Delphi is run by humans too. How can you be sure that Walt Howe guards your anonymity better than Sam Leong?:wink:

There are numerous factors which determine whether a person would spill the beans for money :

1) Moral values
2) Financial status (offering Warren Buffet $2 million is useless)
3) Susceptibility to blackmail (ie number of skeletons in the cupboard - secret affairs etc)

There is no way you can make a call unless you are privy to these sorts of details.

You also have to remember that Delphi is owned by Mzinga. Each organisation has numerous staff who probably have direct access to the server logs. All of which who can be approached to give up info for money.

An argument can be made either way. It's up to the users of the forum to make a call. All I can do is provide the forum.