• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Steve Jobs unveils Apple’s new iPhone 4

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you want a white iphone now, better to be quick

wow this guy in USA is sourcing from china thief. he is going to be in big trouble soon, so if you want it, get it asap.

only for people with deep pocket.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

White iPhone 4 Guy Could Face Possible Jail Time12:50 PM - November 18, 2010 - By Marcus Yam - Source : Tom's Guide US

While the white iPhone 4 was part of the announcement back in June, that particular model's been giving Apple manufacturing headaches. First it was pushed back to later this year, and now Apple's admitted defeat to the point where the white iPhone 4 won't be available until Spring 2011.

Given that kind of date, anyone wanting a white iPhone might as well wait until the inevitable refresh that'll hit next summer.

For those who want the Retina Display goodness now but also want it in a white package can go aftermarket. No, we're not just talking about a white colored case; we're talking about a full transplant. The desire for a white iPhone 4 has opened up the opportunity for modders to offer conversion kits to those brave enough to swap casings.

One particular seller is Fei Lam of Queens, NY. He's just 17 years old, but he's already raked in $130,000 from selling white iPhone 4 parts – enough to pay for college.

Lam claims that he is sourcing these parts from Foxconn, as he 'knows a guy' who has "somewhat of a relationship" with the company.

Either way, his little operation has come under scrutiny. Lam said that he received a letter from a private investigation firm accusing him of selling stolen and counterfeit goods.

Lam admitted that he doesn't know "how this legal stuff works." So it seems for now, his site whiteiphonefournow.com remains in business.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fell off my chair when I connect my new iPhone4 to my comp, I need 10.5 above OS, wah lau..... cannot read, bor bian have to transfer my iTunes to my MBP, zzzzz......

it is easy and better to upgrade to 10.5
a lot of software will not work without the last update of 10.5 and 10.6
so eventually you will be force to go 10.5

just find a friend with the disk and upgrade

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
white iphone 4, what PRC failed to deliver, japan provide solution

With rumors swirling that a launch for the white iPhone 4 could finally occur in the near future, questions have been raised about what Apple has done to finally enable the company to possibly begin shipping the device to consumers. While Apple has not officially acknowledged the reasons for the delay, rumors have suggested that problems with the paint being used leading to light leaking through the painted surfaces have been pegged as the issue.

According to Macotakara (via iLounge), a small Japanese company has developed a process for controlling the uniform application of white paint to the iPhone 4, resulting in acceptable units coming off the assembly lines.
According to a source, specified printing white color for iPhone 4 brings poor yield and then huge number of defective products. This is the reason of disturbing to start manufacturing, a source said.

To solve this problem, a Japanese company developed miracle painting material which is able to be set thickness of painting layer.

Making no mention of the original report, AppleInsider has offered nearly identical information, and it is thus unclear whether that site's information is based on separate sources or the same sources or even the same report.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: white iphone 4, what PRC failed to deliver, japan provide solution

Rant
why are there so many iphone in singapore?
The good old time when i have iphone original and most people using nokia, now tom dick and harry in singapore have iphone.
if this trend continue, even pet dog have iphone, owner using gps to locate their dog and kids.

metalball

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: yeah coming to singapore

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.