• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Speak Dialects, you feel tribal ! Speak mandarin, it will break unity!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
when uncle tlalking academic, you better dun anyhow suka suka chap jig kar....limpeh break your kar and chui, give you become snake then you know...just fuck off:oIo:

lang jiao in YOUR ass understand? u bring this academic stuff in this thread for fuck?? telling people that cantonese is better than mandrain, give wat purpose?? FUCK YOU! CANTONESE SUPREMACIST? YEAH, GO HONG KONG AND DIY, PAH CHEW CHENG THERE LAH!

YOU DREAM OF CANTONESE TO BE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE HERE OR IN CHINA AH? KEEP ON DREAMING LAH!

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
lang jiao in ass understand? u bring this academic stuff in this thread for fuck?? telling people that cantonese is better than mandrain, give wat purpose?? FUCK YOU! CANTONESE SUPREMACIST? YEAH, GO HONG KONG AND DIY, PAH CHEW CHENG THERE LAH!

better than you surreptitious PAP ass-kissing antics,,,this thread is abt dialects, so learned people like me will talk abt learned aspects of dialects, ass kissers like you will find asses to kiss ... but when uncle talk, you better fuck off noob and stop using pap terminology while pretending to be anti pap ...shameless lackey

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
small boy devil wee-in-tin,

people having serious discussion, you come and disturb wait tio kan again like last time, where are you going to go then?

anyway, you can enjoy confucius' poetry in old chinese, much of it sounds like a compliment in cantonese which uncle would extend to you

What last time? You mean like how your prostitute mother got tio kan? LOL!...

Any discussion with you cannot be serious lah. Uncle not like lancheowless faggot always seeking attention trying to prove got big ego.

Want to know more just ask uncle devil to point you the way lor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_language

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identification_of_the_varieties_of_Chinese

You want uncle to bring you to library to do research on Chinese language or not? Come seek for me, ok?

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What last time? You mean like how your prostitute mother got tio kan? LOL!...

Any discussion with you cannot be serious lah. Uncle not like lancheowless faggot always seeking attention trying to prove got big ego.

Want to know more just ask uncle devil to point you the way lor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_language

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identification_of_the_varieties_of_Chinese

You want uncle to bring you to library to do research on Chinese language or not? Come seek for me, ok?

dun be a clown noob.,...eveyrtime cut and paste from wilkopedia...cut and paste only shows you do not know or just learnt abt what you are pretending to know ...why everytime self snook yourself ..dun make people here laugh..still havent learnt your lesson yet?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me, the saddest part of LKY's language cleansing policy is his failure to resist the temptation to run down the other Chinese languages (Cantonese, Hokkien, etc.) This has left a generation thinking that these languages (not to my mind 'dialects') are only good enough for low level market talk. My wife exemplified this ignorance.

Two occasions woke her up. My bosses had asked me to go to HK with them to explore business opportunities with an entrepreneur (real one not govt appointed) who spoke neither Mandarin nor English. He had escaped China during the Cultural Revolution and had had very little formal education. I was asked along because I spoke Cantonese quite well and was expected to interpret.

Business discussions spilled over into dinner and my wife (also Cantonese) joined us. Though lighter, the talks were still serious and I was still their interpreter. Later in the hotel room, my wife was close to tears. She said although she knew Cantonese was as important a language as any, that was the first time she heard it used to signify such deep business discussions.

Another time, my uncle (a Malaysian) had stayed over at my place and he and I chatted after dinner. Though not highly educated, he was quite politicised and had definite views about Malaysian politics. We also chatted about his experiences during the war and then the emergency and race riots. Again my wife was jolted by hearing Cantonese used to discuss politics, history and society.

Incidentally, my uncle's one wish was to see BN get kicked out of Penang before he died. He got his wish but died a few months later, aged 93.

What LKY has done was to strip away our respect for our roots and to accept his version of reality. This must have been his intent because he could just as easily have pushed for Mandarin without denigrating the other languages. But there are more things in heaven and earth than is dreamt of in his tiny bigoted mind.

eh... not a low class movie hor. the movie had won quite a number of awards. but then hor, those PAP, gahmen people, they cannot tahan dialect movie. a little bit of knnccb uttered, or dialect dialogues straightaway they slap a Restricted label onto the movie.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
better than you surreptitious PAP ass-kissing antics,,,this thread is abt dialects, so learned people like me will talk abt learned aspects of dialects, ass kissers like you will find asses to kiss ... but when uncle talk, you better fuck off noob and stop using pap terminology while pretending to be anti pap ...shameless lackey

Hey, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with your brain.

Lets get this straight. WHAT DO U SUGGEST? CHINESE ALL OVER THE WORLD USE CANTONESE TO CONVERSE WITH OTHER DIALECT GROUP INSTEAD OF USING MANDARIN?

sage

Alfrescian
Loyal
‘I used to believe we could learn two languages…I was wrong’. Chinese requirement for university entry abolished since 2006.

What is happening? to facilitate integration of all the ah tiongs into our society???

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with your brain.

Lets get this straight. WHAT DO U SUGGEST? CHINESE ALL OVER THE WORLD USE CANTONESE TO CONVERSE WITH OTHER DIALECT GROUP INSTEAD OF USING MANDARIN?

i suggest you shut the fuck up and push your pap loving agenda elsewhere if you have nothing to contribute on old chinese and dialects from the linguistic point of view

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i suggest you shut the fuck up and push your pap loving agenda elsewhere if you have nothing to contribute on old chinese and dialects from the linguistic point of view

The thread starter talk about unifying language. Language which would unify the Chinese. So why should i FUCK OFF?? ITS YOU SHOULD GO START A NEW THREAD TO TALK ABOUT HOW FUCKING SUPERIOR THE CANTONESE DIALECT!

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The thread starter talk about unifying language. Language which would unify the Chinese. So why should i FUCK OFF?? ITS YOU SHOULD GO START A NEW THREAD TO TALK ABOUT HOW FUCKING SUPERIOR THE CANTONESE DIALECT!

oh thats sounds familiar. isnt that what the govt is saying...speak mandarin for unity ...oh that's good, let's all speak mandarin and no dialects esp cantonese...

oh and anyone who disagrees is a cantonese supremacist or hokkien supremacist ....

noob, dun even try your dirty subsversive tricks, you are kissing the govt's ass from inside out and all of us can see and no one is listening to you

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh thats sounds familiar. isnt that what the govt is saying...speak mandarin for unity ...oh that's good, let's all speak mandarin and no dialects esp cantonese...

oh and anyone who disagrees is a cantonese supremacist or hokkien supremacist ....

noob, dun even try your dirty subsversive tricks, you are kissing the govt's ass from inside out and all of us can see and no one is listening to you

i had spoken against govt stance here. i am against the PAP eradicate dialect here in our country. so dont try to pull some convenient dirty trick giving me all kind of labels.

if u unhappy with chinese speaking mandarin, tell me, what language should the chinese speak with other dialect group?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i didn't advocate do away dialect. i didn't advocate lets us all speak mandarin and screw dialect. never did i suggest that. its u being subversive, pulling this kind of dirty trick by putting words into my mouth.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
if gahmen wanna instill usage of dialects, then they should tell the fellas in MDA to start airing dialect on national TV & radio! already 1 or 2 generations probably lost touch of the mother tongue, now, even if they wanna teach their kids dialects, its broken dialects also.

bring back all the hokkien, teochew, hock-chew, canto, hakka, hainanese radiofusion news broadcasters. start airing taiwan, hong kong drama series in dual sound (the same way they broadcast korean or jap drama series)

start airing the canto top40s on radio lor. all talk but no action, tat's wat the MIW do best.

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i had spoken against govt stance here. i am against the PAP eradicate dialect here in our country. so dont try to pull some convenient dirty trick giving me all kind of labels.

if u unhappy with chinese speaking mandarin, tell me, what language should the chinese speak with other dialect group?

just because you pretend or appear to be speaking agst the govt (esp in an irrational fashion), it means you are agst the govt. pls dun try to label me a cantonese supremacist ...find me anything in my post that suggests that i am a cantonese supremacist before you try to hijack this thread to push your pap agenda... i have no hidden agenda unlike you and i will tell the truth even though it hurts... you are pap pig and the policy of the month happnes to be no dialects and you are trying desperately to divert attention away from the simple truth that dialects are closer to what our ancestors speak than mandarin...so fuck you again noob

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i didn't advocate do away dialect. i didn't advocate lets us all speak mandarin and screw dialect. never did i suggest that. its u being subversive, pulling this kind of dirty trick by putting words into my mouth.

dun play innocent you dumb noob,never did you suggest dialect should be preserved or that it is more chinese, did you??

if you are not advocating no dialects, then why are you calling uncle a cantonese supremacist when i am disseminating info abt how dialects are closer to the chinese culture than mandarin and that would subvert your party's line that mandarin should be preferred?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
just because you pretend or appear to be speaking agst the govt (esp in an irrational fashion), it means you are agst the govt. pls dun try to label me a cantonese supremacist ...find me anything in my post that suggests that i am a cantonese supremacist before you try to hijack this thread to push your pap agenda... i have no hidden agenda unlike you and i will tell the truth even though it hurts... you are pap pig and the policy of the month happnes to be no dialects and you are trying desperately to divert attention away from the simple truth that dialects are closer to what our ancestors speak than mandarin...so fuck you again noob

you are so pathetic. with all your knowledge on language, and you are blind sighted by your anger. turn yourself into a noob. thats truly pathetic.

tell me wats my agenda? i said, its wrong for the PAP govt to junk dialect. but when we go bash the PAP for their discriminative language policy against dialect, we shouldn't be bashing mandarin. because mandarin has its important value and function in chinese societies.

so why does that make me pushing PAP agenda? if i am for the PAP agenda, i would say, go for it, eradicate all dialects. but i am against that.

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are so pathetic. with all your knowledge on language, and you are blind sighted by your anger. turn yourself into a noob. thats truly pathetic.

tell me wats my agenda? i said, its wrong for the PAP govt to junk dialect. but when we go bash the PAP for their discriminative language policy against dialect, we shouldn't be bashing mandarin. because mandarin has its very great value and function in chinese societies.

so why does that make me pushing PAP agenda? if i am for the PAP agenda, i would say, go for it, eradicate all dialects. but i am against that.

thanks for your admission....you have confessed yourself as a pap mole....even tho you are not agst dialects, you believe mandarin should prevail and we should not bash mandarin or pap. that is so pap

you are agst eradication of dialects of course, the party line is not to eradicate dialects but let it die a natural and irreversible death...thats why anyone who speaks out for dialects must be targetted and branded as a "sipremacist"...you think you are 6 years olds and the world is divided into white and black and the bad guys never wear white?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for your admission....you have confessed yourself as a pap mole....even tho you are not agst dialects, you believe mandarin should prevail and we should not bash mandarin or pap. that is so pap

you are agst eradication of dialects of course, the party line is not to eradicate dialects but let it die a natural and irreversible death...thats why anyone who speaks out for dialects must be targetted and branded as a "sipremacist"...you think you are 6 years olds and the world is divided into white and black and the bad guys never wear white?

why should we be bashing mandarin? i dont get it. it has its value and function in chinese societies. mandarin is not the enemy of dialect. its the LEE KUAN YEW AND PAP GOVT which is the NUMBER ONE ENEMY OF DIALECT.

i am all for preserving dialect language and culture. I HOPE DIALECT LANGUAGE AND CULTURE WOULD GO FLOURISH AND PROSPEROUS.

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
why should we be bashing mandarin? i dont get it. it has its value and function in chinese societies. mandarin is not the enemy of dialect. its the PAP which is the NUMBER ONE ENEMY OF DIALECT.

i am all for preserving dialect language and culture.

nobody is bashing mandarin here.,...can you find any posts here from anyone that says we should not speak mandarin? ....nobody is saying that but you are anxious that nobody should esp. someone like me who can point out that mandarin was the dialect of the manchus and was only invented in 1600s while dialects is chinese and went all the way back to the time of confucius....does that worry you and the PAP that someone may take it from there and say dialects is better than mandarin?

thats why i have to be branded as a cantonese or whatever supremacist? so that hokkiens will distrust what uncle is saying., let uncle expose you as the hypocrite you are

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
nobody is bashing mandarin here.,...can you find any posts here from anyone that says we should not speak mandarin? ....nobody is saying that but you are anxious that nobody should esp. someone like me who can point out that mandarin was the dialect of the manchus and was only invented in 1600s while dialects is chinese and went all the way back to the time of confucius....does that worry you and the PAP that someone may take it from there and say dialects is better than mandarin?

thats why i have to be branded as a cantonese or whatever supremacist? so that hokkiens will distrust what uncle is saying., let uncle expose you as the hypocrite you are

nobody is bashing mandarin here? are u fucking blind? look at the thread title. and u still wanna twist and turn? who's the bloody hypocrite? you.

i didn't say mandarin is better. all i am saying is no need to bash mandarin if we wanna bash pap's anti dialect language policy.

i brand u cantonese supremacist 'cause i buay song with u.

Last edited: