• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Speak Dialects, you feel tribal ! Speak mandarin, it will break unity!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
uncle can read chinese so i dun have to download something which i can read myself... you cannto so must download

dun need to act blur act seow, whats the problem whats the problem wohhhh... u stupid i stupid he stupid they stupid...:biggrin:

uncle just ask you simple question:

關關雎鳩 在河之洲 窈窕淑女 君子好逑
參差荇菜 左右流之 窈窕淑女 寤寐求之
求之不得 寤寐思服 悠哉悠哉 輾轉反側
參差荇菜 左右采之 窈窕淑女 琴瑟友之
參差荇菜 左右芼之 窈窕淑女 鐘鼓樂之

鳩 rhymes with 洲, 女and 逑?
菜 rhymes with 女 and 之?

u wanna play your red alert anot?

i had answered this question before. they sound fine to me.

lnchwmn_only

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bunch of dumbfuck those WP supporters. THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT AND YET THEY KEEP ON BABBLING HERE AND THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL.

關關雎鳩 在河之洲 窈窕淑女 君子好逑
參差荇菜 左右流之 窈窕淑女 寤寐求之
求之不得 寤寐思服 悠哉悠哉 輾轉反側
參差荇菜 左右采之 窈窕淑女 琴瑟友之
參差荇菜 左右芼之 窈窕淑女 鐘鼓樂之

鳩 rhymes with 洲, 女and 逑?
菜 rhymes with 女 and 之?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
關關雎鳩 在河之洲 窈窕淑女 君子好逑
參差荇菜 左右流之 窈窕淑女 寤寐求之
求之不得 寤寐思服 悠哉悠哉 輾轉反側
參差荇菜 左右采之 窈窕淑女 琴瑟友之
參差荇菜 左右芼之 窈窕淑女 鐘鼓樂之

鳩 rhymes with 洲, 女and 逑?
菜 rhymes with 女 and 之?

Scroll up!

lnchwmn_only

Alfrescian
Loyal
i had answered this question before. they sound fine to me.

the question is not if it's fine
the question is whether it does rhyme

關關雎鳩 在河之洲 窈窕淑女 君子好逑
參差荇菜 左右流之 窈窕淑女 寤寐求之
求之不得 寤寐思服 悠哉悠哉 輾轉反側
參差荇菜 左右采之 窈窕淑女 琴瑟友之
參差荇菜 左右芼之 窈窕淑女 鐘鼓樂之

鳩 rhymes with 洲, 女and 逑?
菜 rhymes with 女 and 之?

ifyou cannot read chinese, there goes your behind

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the question is not if it's fine
the question is whether it does rhyme

關關雎鳩 在河之洲 窈窕淑女 君子好逑
參差荇菜 左右流之 窈窕淑女 寤寐求之
求之不得 寤寐思服 悠哉悠哉 輾轉反側
參差荇菜 左右采之 窈窕淑女 琴瑟友之
參差荇菜 左右芼之 窈窕淑女 鐘鼓樂之

鳩 rhymes with 洲, 女and 逑?
菜 rhymes with 女 and 之?

ifyou cannot read chinese, there goes your behind

oh... so eager to know whether it rhymes or not? i don't want to tell u leh. whats that gotta do with anything? i don't want to answer your question. how?

lnchwmn_only

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroll up!

Scroll down and answer this:

鳩 rhymes with 洲, 女and 逑?
菜 rhymes with 女 and 之?

關關雎鳩 在河之洲 窈窕淑女 君子好逑
參差荇菜 左右流之 窈窕淑女 寤寐求之
求之不得 寤寐思服 悠哉悠哉 輾轉反側
參差荇菜 左右采之 窈窕淑女 琴瑟友之
參差荇菜 左右芼之 窈窕淑女 鐘鼓樂之

lnchwmn_only

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh... so eager to know whether it rhymes or not? i don't want to tell u leh. whats that gotta do with anything? i don't want to answer your question. how?

aiyo aiyo sayang sayang ...uncle is not forcing you to answer what you dunno, it is ok if you dunno the asnwer...dun stress yourself too much and go jump floor....come take a break and uncle give you permission to go watch cartoons...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even for Mandarin, it is different from province to province. Those spoken in shanghai is different from that in Beijing. I have ever once listen to a speech by Mao Tze Dong, he was speaking in Mandarin, but the Shan Dong slang is so strong that it is almost indistinguishable.

An interesting find is the Cantonese in Hong Kong, those spoken by present and the earlier generation is different. The earlier generation is richer and have more depth. The younger generation on the other hand is so much more dilute. It gives me the feeling that they have not grown out of their teenage years.

What I have found is that learning of dialects are not very taxing for our kids. My daughter of 4-5 years old can switch from Cantonese to English then Mandarin, just last night I was having a playful wit with my wife and my daughter just told us, " Ni3 Men2 Bu4 Yao4 Chao3!"

Its looks like I m learning a lot from this thread. Thanks bro.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyo aiyo sayang sayang ...uncle is not forcing you to answer what you dunno, it is ok if you dunno the asnwer...dun stress yourself too much and go jump floor....come take a break and uncle give you permission to go watch cartoons...

hahah... don't be childish okay?

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal

hey ken tek! log in as mudskipper or mudskipper. lor!

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
An interesting find is the Cantonese in Hong Kong, those spoken by present and the earlier generation is different. The earlier generation is richer and have more depth. The younger generation on the other hand is so much more dilute. It gives me the feeling that they have not grown out of their teenage years.

Absolutely spot on. I spent some time in HK before for work and study, and the younger generation reminded me of their counterparts here in SG. The Canto as spoken by them is really like how our Sinkie youth speak Mandarin - lots of shortcuts, improper expressions and the substitution of English words when they can't express something in Canto.

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahah... don't be childish okay?

not as childish as this:

so how still cannpot answer a chinese question?

關關雎鳩 在河之洲 窈窕淑女 君子好逑
參差荇菜 左右流之 窈窕淑女 寤寐求之
求之不得 寤寐思服 悠哉悠哉 輾轉反側
參差荇菜 左右采之 窈窕淑女 琴瑟友之
參差荇菜 左右芼之 窈窕淑女 鐘鼓樂之

鳩 rhymes with 洲, 女and 逑?
菜 rhymes with 女 and 之?

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have just read on Newspaper yesterday that Ah Goh reps Singapore to co-operate with Guang Dong to develop the Zhu Jiang Delta region. This news release in the middle of speaking Mandarin campaign. My thought was, " Are you serious? With Singaporeans being Mandarin speaking and Guang Dong Cantonese, its like chicken talking to a duck."

Seriously, is Singapore expanding the campaign to Guang Dong? May be the Northern Garment is asking Sinkees to help influence the people of Guang Dong.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
not as childish as this:

so how still cannpot answer a chinese question?

關關雎鳩 在河之洲 窈窕淑女 君子好逑
參差荇菜 左右流之 窈窕淑女 寤寐求之
求之不得 寤寐思服 悠哉悠哉 輾轉反側
參差荇菜 左右采之 窈窕淑女 琴瑟友之
參差荇菜 左右芼之 窈窕淑女 鐘鼓樂之

鳩 rhymes with 洲, 女and 逑?
菜 rhymes with 女 and 之?

like i said it sounds fine to me in mandarin. much better than the so called ancient chinese recitation from youtube which u had shown us. those 'rhyme' ancient chinese recitation sounds terrible.

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
like i said it sounds fine to me in mandarin. much better than the so called ancient chinese recitation from youtube which u had shown us. those 'rhyme' ancient chinese recitation sounds terrible.

you cannot even tell whether it rhymes in mandarin becasue you cannot read chinese, so how can you tell us that it sounds fine in mandarin...i am waiting for somebody to point out your folly...LOL

ancient poems are meant to rhyme in old chinese but they do nto rhyme in mandarin and reading in mandarin means the wit and the nuances are lost.

it is not for you to say your ancestors' language sounds terrible just like you do not chose your own father or mother or blame them for bringing you up in the manner which you turned out to be

choosing this as your response only shows that you are not only trying to promote a Mandarin only policy and sucking up to the partyline but you are also debasing chinese culture and advocates a total eradication of our roots and this is betrayed by how you insult li bai and confucius and their language as "sounding terrible".next, you will say they have slanty eyes too and probably did not have enuff hair.,...

it is not fine, those who can read chinese take a look at this extract from chinese wilko...the lack iof rhymes from shijing has baffled scholars from the time of the northern and southern dynasties in the 400s AD but dirty roach says it is fine to him (becasue he does not even know how to read chinese)

漢語發音從《詩經》到南北朝已經發生了重大的變化,南北朝人讀先秦文獻的時候,發現有許多押韻不和諧的地方 了。當時人對《詩經》的註解反映他們遇到的困難:當《詩經》的韻腳不押韻時,他們牽強的改其中一個字的音使 其押韻,認為這樣讀起來更加和諧。例如:

「燕燕於飛,上下其音,之子于歸,遠送于南」
-- 《詩經·邶風·燕燕》
在這首詩中的「音」和「南」兩個字押韻。北梁人沈重在《毛詩音》中指出:「南:叶句,宜乃林反」。他用反切 的方法標註他認為正確的讀音。這個方法叫做「叶韻」。 隋朝人陸德明認為不應該使用叶韻法,因為他認為古代人押韻不嚴謹,沒有必要改正《詩經》的讀音。他指出:「 沈云叶句宜乃林反,今謂古人韻緩,不煩改字」。"

在宋朝,朱熹等人繼承了南北朝的叶韻法(亦稱「叶音」),並非常系統的用這個方法來改正《詩經》和《楚辭》 裡所謂「不和諧」的韻腳字的讀音。他們認為,古人對韻腳字可以臨時改讀,他們還沒有發現隨着時間的推移而變 化的發音原則,他們以為先秦時代的古人的發音和宋朝人一樣。但是,在這個時代,吳棫在《毛詩叶韻補音》等著 作中發現《詩經》的押韻現象是有規則的,他通過對韻腳字系統的考察,把中古韻類歸納成九個韻部。雖然吳棫缺 乏明確的歷史概念(他把唐宋和先秦的韻腳字混為一談)他的研究邁出了進入正確的路線的第一步,為後代的學者 開闢了研究古音的新途徑。除了他以外,鄭庠、項安世、程迥等人進行了古音的研究。

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%...BC%A2%E8%AA%9E

AND i have already posted this earlier :

http://www.sammyboy.com/showpost.php?p=197840&postcount=356

the only response Dirty Roach and his PLP gang has is to argue in circles and use INFRACTIONS to throw me off...LOL

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
you cannot even tell whether it rhymes in mandarin becasue you cannot read chinese, so how can you tell us that it sounds fine in mandarin...i am waiting for somebody to point out your folly...LOL

ancient poems are meant to rhyme in old chinese but they do nto rhyme in mandarin and reading in mandarin means the wit and the nuances are lost.

it is not for you to say your ancestors' language sounds terrible just like you do not chose your own father or mother or blame them for bringing you up in the manner which you turned out to be

choosing this as your response only shows that you are not only trying to promote a Mandarin only policy and sucking up to the partyline but you are also debasing chinese culture and advocates a total eradication of our roots and this is betrayed by how you insult li bai and confucius and their language as "sounding terrible".next, you will say they have slanty eyes too and probably did not have enuff hair.,...

it is not fine, those who can read chinese take a look at this extract from chinese wilko...the lack iof rhymes from shijing has baffled scholars from the time of the northern and southern dynasties in the 400s AD but dirty roach says it is fine to him (becasue he does not even know how to read chinese)

漢語發音從《詩經》到南北朝已經發生了重大的變化,南北朝人讀先秦文獻的時候,發現有許多押韻不和諧的地方 了。當時人對《詩經》的註解反映他們遇到的困難:當《詩經》的韻腳不押韻時,他們牽強的改其中一個字的音使 其押韻,認為這樣讀起來更加和諧。例如:

「燕燕於飛,上下其音,之子于歸,遠送于南」
-- 《詩經·邶風·燕燕》
在這首詩中的「音」和「南」兩個字押韻。北梁人沈重在《毛詩音》中指出:「南:叶句,宜乃林反」。他用反切 的方法標註他認為正確的讀音。這個方法叫做「叶韻」。 隋朝人陸德明認為不應該使用叶韻法,因為他認為古代人押韻不嚴謹,沒有必要改正《詩經》的讀音。他指出:「 沈云叶句宜乃林反,今謂古人韻緩,不煩改字」。"

在宋朝,朱熹等人繼承了南北朝的叶韻法(亦稱「叶音」),並非常系統的用這個方法來改正《詩經》和《楚辭》 裡所謂「不和諧」的韻腳字的讀音。他們認為,古人對韻腳字可以臨時改讀,他們還沒有發現隨着時間的推移而變 化的發音原則,他們以為先秦時代的古人的發音和宋朝人一樣。但是,在這個時代,吳棫在《毛詩叶韻補音》等著 作中發現《詩經》的押韻現象是有規則的,他通過對韻腳字系統的考察,把中古韻類歸納成九個韻部。雖然吳棫缺 乏明確的歷史概念(他把唐宋和先秦的韻腳字混為一談)他的研究邁出了進入正確的路線的第一步,為後代的學者 開闢了研究古音的新途徑。除了他以外,鄭庠、項安世、程迥等人進行了古音的研究。

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%...BC%A2%E8%AA%9E

AND i have already posted this earlier but Dirty Roach and his PLP gang is still trying to argue in circles and using INFRACTIONS to throw me off:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showpost.php?p=197840&postcount=356

i don't know wat is your agenda. really. if u are into upholding of chinese culture, why talk down on mandarin language?

put it this way. right now, if the average young chinese sporean with lousy command of dialect, and just okay command of mandarin, if they want to learn to recite shijing, what do u suggest to them to do? go learn their dialect before go reciting shijing aloud??

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don't know wat is your agenda. really. if u are into upholding of chinese culture, why talk down on mandarin language?

put it this way. right now, if the average young chinese sporean with lousy command of dialect, and just okay command of mandarin, if they want to learn to recite shijing, what do u suggest to them to do? go learn their dialect before go reciting shijing aloud??

learn your dialects, use it (esp. on acnient poems and texts) and you will continue a link that lasted 3000 years ...chinese culture is not mandarin , mandarin is semi-sinitic and is only 300 years of chinese heritage .... we have 3000 years and someone is saying that that heritage is unclear, muddled ,slurred and sound terrible so as to PLP with the party....

and that someone is resorting to infractions ....we can all judge who is the party with poor cause and a hidden agenda?

and dun ty to act blur and slip the question of rhymes again

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
learn your dialects, use it (esp. on acnient poems and texts) and you will continue a link that lasted 3000 years ...chinese culture is not mandarin , mandarin is semi-sinitic and is only 300 years of chinese heritage .... we have 3000 years and someone is saying that that heritage is unclear, muddled ,slurred and sound terrible so as to PLP with the party....

and that someone is resorting to infractions ....we can all judge who is the party with poor cause and a hidden agenda?

and dun ty to act blur and slip the question of rhymes again

i will carry on giving u infraction if u spam me.

i had answered your question about the rhyme again and again. the poem recitation in mandarin, its sound fine to me.

i will let the forum member to decide (if they are interested in connecting to chinese culture) whether it make sense or not your suggestion. that in order to connect to chinese culture, such as shijing or dao de jing etc, one has to first learn dialect.