• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Speak Dialects, you feel tribal ! Speak mandarin, it will break unity!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin:

this is so sad :(, all the years of promoting mandarin as the official language and yet the people still so disunited. :(

if they were all allowed to speak dialects, maybe they will get along better:biggrin:.

what a retard. when did China disallow people to speak dialect over there??

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL....you fail comprehension issit?

when did your uncle say china disallow people to speak dialect?

LOL..... you gonna say "it sounds like that to me" issit? LOL

LOL....you fail comprehension issit?

when did your uncle say china disallow people to speak dialect?

LOL..... you gonna say "it sounds like that to me" issit? LOL

this is what denzuko1 had written.

"Originally Posted by denzuko1

what he means is who ever in power, his words are official. For instance, China is taken by the communist who comes from the North, speaking mainly Mandarin, they adopt Mandarin as official language.

If it has been the South, it might be Cantonese, Hokkien or Teo Chew.

Anyway, my trip to Guang Dong is quite fruitful. I also learn that the Southern Chinese consider the Northern Chinese bias to the North ad trying to channel major events to the Northern side of China. I noted that the Guang Dong people are quite proud of their achievements with the Exhibition halls, their city highways and stuffs because they managed these without fundings from the Central Government.

My guess is the same for Fujian and Chao Zhou area.

Another thing that I also learn is that even for the North, Shanghai and Beijing are not in good term. They are always fighting for leadership. I used to work in a company where they have people from both Shanghai and Beijing. Although both comes from China, they neve mix."

this is your reply to him,

"this is so sad , all the years of promoting mandarin as the official language and yet the people still so disunited.

if they were all allowed to speak dialects, maybe they will get along better.
"

http://www.sammyboy.com/showpost.php?p=201340&postcount=639

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is what denzuko1 had written.

"Originally Posted by denzuko1

what he means is who ever in power, his words are official. For instance, China is taken by the communist who comes from the North, speaking mainly Mandarin, they adopt Mandarin as official language.

If it has been the South, it might be Cantonese, Hokkien or Teo Chew.

Anyway, my trip to Guang Dong is quite fruitful. I also learn that the Southern Chinese consider the Northern Chinese bias to the North ad trying to channel major events to the Northern side of China. I noted that the Guang Dong people are quite proud of their achievements with the Exhibition halls, their city highways and stuffs because they managed these without fundings from the Central Government.

My guess is the same for Fujian and Chao Zhou area.

Another thing that I also learn is that even for the North, Shanghai and Beijing are not in good term. They are always fighting for leadership. I used to work in a company where they have people from both Shanghai and Beijing. Although both comes from China, they neve mix."

this is your reply to him

"this is so sad , all the years of promoting mandarin as the official language and yet the people still so disunited.

if they were all allowed to speak dialects, maybe they will get along better.
"

http://www.sammyboy.com/showpost.php?p=201340&postcount=639

dum di dum di dum...so when did uncle say china disallow people to speak dialect?

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry, but your comprehension skills needs a lot of brushing up.... i ma saying beijing and shanghainese should be allowed to speak dialects and maybe they will get along better...:smile:

how did you come to the dubious conclusion that "they"= all chinese?:wink:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
because he had mentioned other group of people rather than just shanghainese and beijinese.

anyway, u are still way out in your suggestion that bejingnese and shanghainese they are not allowed to use their own dialect.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin:

this is so sad :(, all the years of promoting mandarin as the official language and yet the people still so disunited. :(

if they were all allowed to speak dialects, maybe they will get along better:biggrin:.

It has nothing to do with dialects or language in China. As the Capital of China, Beijing controls the country. However, Shanghai popped the question, "we control the finance and we even feed you. Why should we listen to you?"

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's add another country into discussion. Let's talk about Australia.

We all know that Canberra is the capital of Australia and situated between Melbourne and Sydney. I have ever mistaken that Sydney was the capital of the country. This made the Sydney guy very happy.

He feedback that Sydney and Melbourne were actually competing to be the Capital for Australia, the reason why Canberra was eracted as the capital is to stop the squable. However, Sydney still got the last laugh because although in the middle, Canberra is in New South Wales and share the same state as Sydney.

Now, I believe people of Sydney and Melbourne are all English speaking people? (don't count the minority Chinese,Vietnamese, etc)

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's add another country into discussion. Let's talk about Australia.

We all know that Canberra is the capital of Australia and situated between Melbourne and Sydney. I have ever mistaken that Sydney was the capital of the country. This made the Sydney guy very happy.

He feedback that Sydney and Melbourne were actually competing to be the Capital for Australia, the reason why Canberra was eracted as the capital is to stop the squable. However, Sydney still got the last laugh because although in the middle, Canberra is in New South Wales and share the same state as Sydney.

Now, I believe people of Sydney and Melbourne are all English speaking people? (don't count the minority Chinese,Vietnamese, etc)

what??

Sydney got the last laugh cos its located in the same state as canberra??:confused::confused:

It's still not the capital.

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
because he had mentioned other group of people rather than just shanghainese and beijinese.

anyway, u are still way out in your suggestion that bejingnese and shanghainese they are not allowed to use their own dialect.

just because he had mentioned other grioups of people does not mean that i am also referring to the exact same group which he did.... understand anot?:biggrin::p

btw, when i refer to dialects in that statement abt shanghainese and beijingers, i was referring to the hokkien and cantoniese dialects:biggrin::p

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has nothing to do with dialects or language in China. As the Capital of China, Beijing controls the country. However, Shanghai popped the question, "we control the finance and we even feed you. Why should we listen to you?"

did shanghai actually say that? you mean shanghai can speak? was ti speaking in shanghaines or mandarin?:p:biggrin:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
read in the papers, the younger generation are now attending dialects classes just so they can keep in touch with their heritage and roots....so what does lky has to say about this???

Communist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good ... this is for the kukujiaoboy aka lancheowman aka samuraisan aka mudskipper and the tiulehlohmoh nics to biao yen with his Inchwmn3 of asiaone.com forum nic!:p

Originally Posted by lnchwmn_only
i cant believe this ...uncle has been in this forum since 2003....now want to ban me for using my old nick....well-done.....

back to you confused little one-why is uncle in a position to tell you all these, because i am far more superior to you in terms of history. languages and most of all, my chinese cultural heritagepls note that mandarin is a spoken language....that is what we have been talking abt all this while. written chinese is not spoken mandarin...the chinese characters from Tao de Jing and Shijing have not changed for thousands of years. mastery of written chinese means you can read this no doubt. but unfotunately you are reading this is in a foreign language and not Laozhi's language, as scroobal pointed out, the nuances and finer points would all have been lost to you. lao zhi would have written his work with one thing in mind while you would have read with another.
a better example is shijing, try reading poems in mandain means the poems do not rhyme and has no rhythm. you cannot connect to the era when these ancient poems were written. you dun hv to learn old chinese or middle chinese but it is helpful if you can appreciate your own roots by retaining your knowledge of dialects. if you read the first poem in shijing in hokkien, at least two lines would still rhyme and overall there is still some semblance of a poem, that is what you have been missing. you are hopelessly lost thinking mandarin was your mother tongue

try reading this in mandarin...i kind of suspect you probably cnat read chinese either

關關雎鳩 在河之洲 窈窕淑女 君子好逑
參差荇菜 左右流之 窈窕淑女 寤寐求之
求之不得 寤寐思服 悠哉悠哉 輾轉反側
參差荇菜 左右采之 窈窕淑女 琴瑟友之
參差荇菜 左右芼之 窈窕淑女 鐘鼓樂之
[/QUOTE

Uncle ki lan lah! mudskipper lu kon simi lanjiao? Superior ki lan Pondan kiah!