• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Something is horribly wrong with this cuntry...

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
The irony is that US is an even more competitive place and a black man, born to a single mum, was able to compete to get into Columbia University and then get into Harvard and now, after competing with firstly Chicago politicians, and then Washington establishment politicians, to become the first black American President.

If Obama can compete in the real tumbling situation that is US politics to become President at age 47, then why can't any ordinary person do the same?

In this Darwinist society it was said that we are meritocratic enough to see an ordinary person rise up through the ranks etc etc etc and make it in society. The fact is if you weren't born rich, if you don't have connections or hadn't had any luck, you're stuck. No matter what.

If you're a son of a butcher, the government expects you to remain as a son of a butcher. If you're son of a taxi driver, you're likely to remain viewed as one. And if you are a girl, married and having a child, good luck to you, coz you're gonna get sacked.

In the end, in this social Darwinist society, where the supposedly strongest survive, no matter how ordinary people try to punch their way through, its the well connected and rich who rise up to the top levels of management- whether have they done anything in substance or not.

In the US, where politics is not managed, Barack Obama managed to be President. In Singapore, unless you're a Lee, you will never be Prime Minister.

If that's a sign that Singapore's better than the US, or is that Singapore is more competitive, or more progressive, or that the strongest do survive and rise to the top, then I think you need to change your specs. If not its time you got a new pair.

Agree. Add to that people saw Obama as a leader first, and a black man second. but on this recent business trip to the US I did read an interesting article in the LA times about America and opportunity. An example is Arnold Schwartzenegger. He came to the US as a body builder, foreigner, and could not even speak english. today he is a celebrity, buisnessman, and governor of the most important state in the US - point is he could not even achieve that in his native austria - that's what the paper says.

Last edited:

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Add to that people saw Obama as a leader first, and a black man second. but on this recent business trip to the US I did read an interesting article in the LA times about America and opportunity. An example is Arnold Schwartzenegger. He came to the US as a body builder, foreigner, and could not even speak english. today he is a celebrity, buisnessman, and governor of the most important state in the US - point is he could not even achieve that in his native australia - that's what the paper says.

u mean austria, u hate aussie so much until go crazy liao

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to the mighty divine PAP, nothing is wrong with Singapore.

Its just Singaporeans who are always complaining and that they never appreciate the kingly ways of their elected leader's wisdom and actions which are beyond any form of scrutiny and checks or balance whatsoever.

Mark my words, just a few years more, you will not be able to make any difference at all given the continuing accelerated rates of the FT and New Citizens surge drive. The idea is to dilute the "disenting" vote so that the MIWs can hold on to power forever and the new citizens will obviously be their favourites.

This is the begning of the end. Its already too late.

Dan

Last edited:

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Add to that people saw Obama as a leader first, and a black man second. but on this recent business trip to the US I did read an interesting article in the LA times about America and opportunity. An example is Arnold Schwartzenegger. He came to the US as a body builder, foreigner, and could not even speak english. today he is a celebrity, buisnessman, and governor of the most important state in the US - point is he could not even achieve that in his native austria - that's what the paper says.

There is a fine line between real meritocracy and the abuse of meritocracy.

Singapore version of meritocracy is all about hippocrisy. Real meritocracy is accountable, transparent and above all, fair.

Singaporeans sons and daughters are being marginalise in university entries applications , jobs opportunities , HDB Flats application priorities and made to subsidise the comfortable living of the Foreight thrash that the PAP have been importing to usurp our electorial process by burying our voices with total control of the media.

If you have enough, it is time to do reclaim real meritocracy. Do the right thing when the time to cast your votes arrives.
Its time to say no, and to regain the little self respect we have for ourselves before its too late.

Dan

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a fine line - there's a huge gap between meritocracy and elitism. In meritocracy, like what the US models itself after, ANYONE with the ability will reap the rewards of hard work and talent. In sinkeepore, it's the rich and powerful giving the best to themselves and helping their own, at great expense to the normal people.

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
...And I see indisputable evidence of it in my father.

He's slogged hard his whole life as a civil servant, not a high ranking one, but has never made enough to enjoy some basic luxury or even retire in comfort.

your parents work hard for pp like u to imigrate loh...all he wanted was to earn enough to pay for your education and enjoy life with his grandchildren when he is old, but alas, his son complain of high living cost, low wages and decided that his parent feeling is not important at all, his living standard and lifestyle is more impt, therefore he has to leave....
do you know that many citizens of first world country are pushing back their retirement plans because of economic hardship now??

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your parents work hard for pp like u to imigrate loh...all he wanted was to earn enough to pay for your education and enjoy life with his grandchildren when he is old, but alas, his son complain of high living cost, low wages and decided that his parent feeling is not important at all, his living standard and lifestyle is more impt, therefore he has to leave....
do you know that many citizens of first world country are pushing back their retirement plans because of economic hardship now??

My great grandfather left China for Nanyang, thinking life will be good.

Then, we end up with another dictator by the name of Lee Kuan Yew.

So, we have to run road again to get CPF money and get out of uncertain & fear-mongering Singapore.

Anyway, can you guarantee that there will not be economic hardship in Singapore. I think it will be much worse because the govt tried to hide everything and then give surprises when they cannot hide anymore. Whereas first world countries like USA have ample time to prepare their citizens.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal

So, we have to run road again to get CPF money and get out of uncertain & fear-mongering Singapore.

Anyway, can you guarantee that there will not be economic hardship in Singapore. I think it will be much worse because the govt tried to hide everything and then give surprises when they cannot hide anymore. Whereas first world countries like USA have ample time to prepare their citizens.

My dad left Malaysia and then got married with my mum, the rest is history. If he had stayed in Malaysia, would his life be better, I think so, at least house is more affordable? But I won't be born in this world i guess :smile:

I reckon most of us can see through the flaws with the gov rules but not everyone has the guards to make the move(emigration). Risk taking is not something we stereotype Sporeans.

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dad left Malaysia and then got married with my mum, the rest is history. If he had stayed in Malaysia, would his life be better, I think so, at least house is more affordable? But I won't be born in this world i guess :smile:

I reckon most of us can see through the flaws with the gov rules but not everyone has the guards to make the move(emigration). Risk taking is not something we stereotype Sporeans.

come on, what u say are mere speculation, what make u think that life is good in malaysia? if everyone cannot stand the flaws of their govt, then perhaps all the taiwanese have no guts, cos their govt is truely in a big junk of mess....am i right....

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal

your greatgrandfather really did a wrong thing, if he is still alive, he will die cock stand..he will be thinking why on earth did his give birth to such a ungrateful pc of nerd, who only knows how to point fingers at the govt and always have a mouthful of shit??
If u flip through newspaper and just have a little glimpse of the politics in china, u will be a million times gratful u r not born in china...
just look at the recent case on how they deal with the CEO of Sanlu, and u will know what is dictatorship and injustice!!!!:mad:
Take a good look at how the local govt is snatching lands from the farmers without compensation!!!!
tell me which part of the world now can guarantee u wont have hardship??
even the great USA, UK and Germany are all in deep shit....
if u want to avoid a recession, i suggest u to go to Africa, they are the only country not affected by this crisis....
Come on, post something that make sense...start reading...dun just read the posting here...they are all craps..

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
come on, what u say are mere speculation, what make u think that life is good in malaysia? if everyone cannot stand the flaws of their govt...
I actually like abit of corruption coz it keeps thingz done.. On the other hand, the super clean govt like SG will only offer cakes to their own GLCs.. justifying big salaries.. taking no accountability.. if NTUC fairprice/Cheers can survives.. it will be at the expense of Econ-mini Mart, or Tan Ah Kow snacks...

There is no perfect world..