• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie Prettyboy Reservist Aloysius Pang Seriously Injured In NZ While Fucking Around With Howitzer! Guess Whether He Uplorry! Boss Sam Please Help!

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never been in one of these Primus before, but the principle is the same as a tank turret and gun. I can tell u an equipment failure resulting in an uncommanded depression or elevation of the main gun is almost impossible. Someone has to press something to make the barrel move.
Agreed.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have never been in one of these Primus before, but the principle is the same as a tank turret and gun. I can tell u an equipment failure resulting in an uncommanded depression or elevation of the main gun is almost impossible. Someone has to press something to make the barrel move.

But... but... but... this piece of equipment is Singapore made so can’t blame the doubters

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk cock lah you Papsmearer! Tank turret can lift a 2 ton barrel to 80 degrees anot? :rolleyes:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pirmus have been in use for more than a decade if design flawed many injuries will be reported before this.

Thus pointing to human error.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pirmus have been in use for more than a decade if design flawed many injuries will be reported before this.

Thus pointing to human error.
You cannot rule out the possibity like dat. Tech squad is not IT support, hallo I cannot log in my computer can come over help me anot? :laugh:

Bacccarat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha Ha !

are you ready for the wayang Mediacrap+SAF show ?

Screenshot_2018-10-31-19-26-06-1-1.png

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
@Papsmearer I am an engineer who has worked in Singapore and abroad. I really hate the way a lot of the 'safety' is implemented in the Singapore Armed Forces and in many private firms in Singapore.

A lot of the 'safety' responsibility is off loaded on to the lowest guy down on the food chain. 'Safety' when implemented this way is often a form of wayang that is used by those up top to wash their hands off when people get killed. We need to be careful when talking about accident prevention that we don't inadvertently end up using their selfish language..

...Similarly, I once did some bullshit MINDEF safety meeting about some tonner passenger who had his fingertip de-gloved because he opened the tail board of a tonner himself. There are components in the tail board that are sharp and there are feature that pose pinch and crush hazards. It also does not have a gas strut. The conclusion is that the end user should have followed proper procedure and waited for the vehicle commander to lower the tail board. No mention that the accident was contributed to by the fact that tailboard had design flaws.

In peace time, it might be perfectly reasonable to have a V-com slowly and safely lower the tail board. In an emergency, it is completely unacceptable to demand this. It is unacceptable for the tail-board to tear your finger tip off but of course the latter costs money and creates work for upper management.

As for Aloysius Pang, the news articles talking about whether Aloysius was able to move fast enough to get out of the way of the moving gun breech. This is bullshit. Why wasn't the gun locked out so it could not be moved? And if the task requires that the gun be elevated, or depressed surely there must be a safer way to do this as a matter of both machine and process design.

Many industrial machines have a service or test mode where actuators are only allowed to run at a reduced speed while sounding a warning that movement is about to begin. This is something that would not cost much to implement. I would not be surprised if the drive system for the gun already comes from the factory with this capability installed but is not in use. As above, the average NSman has very little authority to make the changes that reduce risk for himself