• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie Prettyboy Reservist Aloysius Pang Seriously Injured In NZ While Fucking Around With Howitzer! Guess Whether He Uplorry! Boss Sam Please Help!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAF serviceman admits to causing death of Aloysius Pang, fined S$8,000
Actor Aloysius Pang died four days after sustaining serious injuries during military training in New Zealand. (File photo: Facebook/Aloysius Pang)Share this content
Bookmark

SINGAPORE: A Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) serviceman on Tuesday (Nov 19) was fined and demoted after he admitted to causing the death of national serviceman Aloysius Pang.
Third Sergeant (National Service) Hubert Wah Yun Teng, 31, pleaded guilty to one charge of causing death by a negligent act under the Penal Code, and another charge of a negligent act of endangering life under the SAF Act.
He was fined S$5,000 for the charge of causing death by a negligent act and fined another S$3,000 for a negligent act of endangering life. His rank will be demoted to Corporal.
The military court heard that 3SG (NS) Wah, an operationally-ready detachment commander, failed to ensure that Pang was not in the travel path of the flick rammer of the Singapore Self-Propelled Howitzer, resulting in the flick rammer pinning Pang against the centre slew ring of the Howitzer, thereby causing his death.
For the other charge, the court heard that 3SG (NS) Wah failed to activate the emergency stop button that would have stopped the flick rammer.
READ: Aloysius Pang death: 2 SAF servicemen charged in military court
A person convicted for causing death by a negligent act faces up to two years' jail and/or a fine.
In 3SG (NS) Wah’s mitigation, his defence lawyer Adrian Wee said Pang’s next-of-kin had asked for the court to be lenient on the accused.
For the charge of causing death, the prosecution said it did not object to only a fine being imposed, adding that if a fine was to be imposed, it should be the maximum S$5,000.
Meanwhile, Military Expert 2 Ivan Teo Gee Siang, 35, also pleaded guilty to two charges of a negligent act of endangering life and another charge of disobedience of general orders, all under the SAF Act.
ME2 Teo, a regular armament technician, was fined a total of S$7,000 for the three charges.
For the first two charges, ME2 Teo failed to alert 3SG (NS) Wah that Pang was in the travel path of the flick rammer, and failed to activate the emergency stop button that would have halted it, the court heard.
For his third charge, ME2 Teo proceeded to loosen the outer cover of a box in the Howitzer when its barrel was not in a parked position and its master switch was not switched off, despite a maintenance manual indicating that they should be.
3SG (NS) Wah and ME2 Teo had been charged on Jul 31 but their charges were amended.
On Tuesday, the court heard that 3SG (NS) Wah will pay his fine in full on Nov 22, while ME2 Teo will pay S$3,000 on Tuesday and the remainder in monthly instalments of S$1,000, to be deducted from his salary.
The three-member tribunal, led by General Court Martial president Lieutenant-Colonel (NS) Shawn Ho – a serving State Court judge – said that based on the facts and circumstances as well as case precedents, the court agreed with the prosecution’s sentencing position for both servicemen.
Mitigating factors include the two servicemen’s guilty pleas, as well as ME2 Teo's clean service record and 3SG (NS) Wah's “almost unblemished” service record, LTC (NS) Ho said.
“Given that 3SG (NS) Hubert Wah was the junior commander, the fact that he activated the switch for the flick rammer, and one of the charges he faced was Section 304A(b) of the Penal Code, we are of the view that 3SG (NS) Hubert Wah’s culpability is higher than ME2 Ivan Teo,” he said in his oral grounds of decision.
“Accordingly, this fact is reflected in their respective sentences.”
PANG WAS LIFTED OFF THE GROUND
The court also heard a fresh account of what happened during the incident that led to Pang's death.
On Jan 19, 3SG (NS) Wah was operating the Howitzer as part of a training exercise in New Zealand when it encountered an error in its firing angle and required maintenance, court documents showed.
3SG (NS) Wah reported the error and a maintenance crew was activated to rectify the error. Pang, who was trained in repairing Howitzers, was instructed to provide maintenance support.
Pang arrived with ME2 Teo and conducted an inspection of the Howitzer, which had its barrel raised at the time.
The pair then left the Howitzer to discuss a repair plan together with another armament technician.
It was decided the technicians would attempt to correct the error by replacing the interface printed circuit board inside the motor drive control unit - ammunition handling system box.
After the discussion, ME2 Teo entered the Howitzer, informed 3SG (NS) Wah of the plan and told him to put the barrel to its “standby” position. He then loosened the outer casing of the system box to remove the circuit board.
This took place when the barrel was still at the “high” angle position and the master switch powering the Howitzer was switched on.
NS man demotion is nothing. Me too regular will honorable discharge become cabby soon? :unsure:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The SAF probably paid the serviceman $10k to help him pay the $8k fine and also to take the fall to ease the public pressure and satisfy public opinion.

very smart!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Typical SAF bullshit. Blame the Sgt, and the lower ranking personnel. If these 2 were negligent, then it follows that AP was also negligent because he did not get out of the way. Rather, the investigation should have focused on the bad design for this piece of shit. How many other personnel have been injured before on this vehicle? NO questions asked about that in the COI. Why wasn't a proven design like the M109 Paladin bought off the shelf, instead of designing this piece of shit from scratch.

Tarkett

Alfrescian
Loyal
As to what really happened can be divided into 2 major scenario. Scenario 1 = All 3 horsing around then all 3 mistakes. Scenario 2 (A)= No horsing around meaning only commander fault or whose error? No checking of clear for men then press button to lowered barrel while Aloysius might still be standing. Body and or uniform got click up by rising breech. Scenario 2 (B)= As u know being in reservist might not be in full mode. Aloysius might be in an unclear position and button pressed. Scenario 2 (C) = Might want to test breech can lift own weight jump up on breech with intention to come down after breech rise but unfortunately unable to do so due to lack of time and or uniform stuck on breech.

My worry will it be last scenario.
If he is facing the front when incident happened.point to 2B ,2C
Or he is facing the back when incident happen.point to 1,2A
It likely Pang is facing front when incident happened.
Reports mentioned from the initial findings that Aloysius was unable to get out of the way as the gun barrel was lowered.

When facing front even if u are listening to earphones when u noticed breech is moving up.First reaction is to avoid by taking a step back or side.Unless u are blindfolded which is unlikely.
The only reason why unable to get out of way is put ownself onto the breech.
likely facing down when on breech and why not facing up.
When facing up it is easily getting off breech just by turning to left or right.
What if uniform stuck on breech.when facing up roll to side with stuck uniform at most tear uniform but still able to get off.

Why facing down make sense.
injuries is mainly chest and adominal area.
When facing down it difficult to get off as can't roll to left or right.
Not to mention uniform stuck etc....

Report says 10 secs for barrel to be lowered.
But in fact only 3 secs to get off.
By 4th secs still on it meaning it became deadly.
This ralders got everything spot on He speak as if he was there has all points cleared up.
Ralders are you a investigator or part of task force?

Tarkett

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why facing front and not facing back when incident happened.

When facing back only way is got clicked up by breech when rising.
But base on angle by clicking at most is uniform back collar and or back of uniform.
Base on this, injuries is at back head and or neck injuries.
The other 2 persons.one is 3sgt I believe he the one press button.
His partner I believe is standing beside him.
Ownself may be on breech even before button is pressed to achieve lifting effect or
It may be a sudden or spur moment to hop on.
I read from page 1.
Ralders you are spot on

jw5

Loyal
King Of Hindsight :thumbsup:

attachment.php

I read from page 1.
Ralders you are spot on