• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SINGAPOREANS tricked into poly educations

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
............ at the end of the day, all courses the same, they produce redundant skills. easily half of our population hold jobs that are remotely related to the skills they acquired in tertiary education.
almost none of the people i know is holding a job that relates to their skills & qualifications.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
sinkie education system is bound for failure. those without any idea what they wanna do in life, they will opt to go to extended secondary called Air-level. those that know what they wanna do/kena cheated by gahmen, will go to poly to pursue the courses offered.

the double standard admission exercises deter people with the genuine interest, allowing half hearted ones to enter the courses.

at the end of the day, all courses the same, they produce redundant skills. easily half of our population hold jobs that are remotely related to the skills they acquired in tertiary education.

A teacher once told me the difference between going for a diploma or a degree. Diploma is suppose to impart some sort of routine technical skills. Degree is suppose to mean you have the thinking skills to solve problems that comes to you. Most of the stuff I learned in uni never got used when I'm working. But the problem solving that is required is still very much relevant. today. Employers don't hire people just for their technical skills, problem solving skills are needed at a higher level. Sure, you can argue that having some technical skills would mean you won't be out of a job. But so does the numerous number of graduates every year from Poly. What you need to show is that you have the relevant experience to do the job better.

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
why govt keep upgrading ITE and poly facilities? why dont they send all the sinkies into NUS NTU and swap all the foreigners to study at ITE and poly????

i gurantee you, PAP election 99% winner if they do as I suggest

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
why govt keep upgrading ITE and poly facilities? why dont they send all the sinkies into NUS NTU and swap all the foreigners to study at ITE and poly????

i gurantee you, PAP election 99% winner if they do as I suggest

Because the "foreigners" won't be coming to Singapore because its just a "Diploma" ? If its just Diploma why bother coming to Singapore. Could have gotten one back home for them.