• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans living JB "Prohibited Immigrants" and barred from entry.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
If that is an obstacle then stay stuck. People have found starngers and done it. The elderly for example no way are most havjng 10k rm a month income. The main problem is when you want to buy property but if you rent anywhere will do

Just pay someone or to have a relative do it.
Don't buy any properties especially condos here. Just rent will do.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
MM2H approved or not, just play safe by renting your dream landed properties in order to satisfy your desire to grow durian trees. Malaysia is a great place for holiday, entertainment, shopping etc etc but not big ticket items (including used car) under any administration. The low activity in this forum compared to 5-6 years ago speak volume. From next month onward, developers will capitalised on the revived RTS talk by both government to drum up sales. Any one still determined to buy please consider all factors including the weakening RM$.

Agreed on properties but cars are pretty affordable here. You could get something easily for under RM 10k. I hope no one buys, seriously and let them realise even with the lowering of the 1m limit, it wouldn't help. They are not really doing anything much as existing unsold condos can still be purchased at the same limit before they raised to 1m.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given the harsh stance now against foreigners staying for long period many are spooked. They dont have people to help them. They only know customs are against them. So why would property go up? I was at ksl a few years back. I saw bed bugs crawling in from outside. Immediately moved. If you bought the unit you are screwed

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all, just to update. For MACS, unlike what some drivers (and those who claimed they know people) says, you cannot apply for it without a long term visit pass or MM2H. For those who need it or plan to live in East Malaysia at a later stage, best to just get the MM2H from East Malaysia as the MM2H for East Malaysia allows you to stay anywhere while the one for West Malaysia is only for West Malaysia.

Around midyear next year there will be a "likely" change in the MACS policies. So we may have some long awaited good news on this. Hopefully they don't do anymore changes, with the VEP, the taking away of the payment for the Touch n go at the counters are already causing alot of confusion.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to find indah sinkies today. As expected they have never encountered this problem. One guy has been living for 8byears. A lot are more than 5 years residence. A lot take bus also. Is this an woodlands problem?

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok i can say woodlands is the problem . 2 weeks ago i came back with carpool to indah. Malaysian driver. Not even a word. Today i went out and returned in malaysian car. But it was at woodlands. Very long scrutiny. Now im very stressed

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
Around midyear next year there will be a "likely" change in the MACS policies. So we may have some long awaited good news on this.

Hi bro, what's this based on?

Personally starting to be harassed more often while crossing (at Tuas, in cars), thinking of taking a few years away from Jiuhu

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi bro, what's this based on?

Personally starting to be harassed more often while crossing (at Tuas, in cars), thinking of taking a few years away from Jiuhu

Quite a handful of samsters shared their "shocking" experience here. It has to be true. Havent encounter one doesnt mean theres none. Matter of time one will be quizzed by them....especially those travellers in and out frequently....and those who stayed long duration like two to three weeks every mth.

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
No I agree that we are all being hassled by those little pinheaded tyrants in the passport control booths. As I said, I'm getting it from them as well.

I was asking why you thought things would change in June with 'good news'.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good news. Lets just wait lor. But i wont be surprised they will flip flop their policies here and tere again. Look at the Msia VEP...deferred again. But of course in this case its good news for sinkies

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eya, I'm not going to live my life like a Jew in the 3rd Reich in the 30s. If they've begun to turn on us, they'll continue to turn on us.

There was a big rally about 'Malay Dignity' a few days ago attended by Harapan AND Umno.

Personally I would have thought us renting their new developments, investing in our new businesses here and employing their citizens should be considered dignified, but if they want us out we'll go.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont read too much into those wayang kulit. Its all about politic. DAP playing the racial card. So is UMNO too. They still need investment. Issue on race and religion not going to vanish overnight....

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its about whether the idiots bother. They know theres no credit to be gained doing this. Essentially theres no offence at all. But some are too free. Others dont give a fuck.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spore welcome foreigners with wide open leg. Even sm western europe countries are given 3 mths social visit pass. 90 days stay. No question ask. Some also working here but atas sikit. Shenton way cbd area. Haiz.....foreigners n msians alike seeking job opportunities here Yet sinkies are treated like as though they are jobless n seeking jobs in Johore! Like as though we are homeless n need to stay in johore. We are so unwelcome to Msia.

I think the main reason behind this is political, and this has racial, nationalistic or nativistic undertones. M’sia is recently seeing a deepening of ethno-religious divisions, and this has to do with politics.

Further, immigration policies and those to promote Iskandar’s development are shaped by the Feds in Putrajaya. They seem in my view less perceptive or interested in Johor’s economic issues compared to the previous BN govt despite having a number of heavyweights from Johor in cabinet. And then there’s the not so cosy relationship between state royalty and the Federal leadership — it is no secret that the royalty wanted the previous BN in power. I’m sure the royalty is very much in favor of welcoming with open arms foreigners to invest and live in JB.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the main reason behind this is political, and this has racial, nationalistic or nativistic undertones. M’sia is recently seeing a deepening of ethno-religious divisions, and this has to do with politics.

Further, immigration policies and those to promote Iskandar’s development are shaped by the Feds in Putrajaya. They seem in my view less perceptive or interested in Johor’s economic issues compared to the previous BN govt despite having a number of heavyweights from Johor in cabinet. And then there’s the not so cosy relationship between state royalty and the Federal leadership — it is no secret that the royalty wanted the previous BN in power. I’m sure the royalty is very much in favor of welcoming with open arms foreigners to invest and live in JB.

When Najib was PM sporeans could easily apply for MACCS. I even bght a property in JB. Cheap utility bills...electric bill was free cos not much usage. Weekend retreat. Nowadays with PH/DAP in power no more free usage of electric. Need to pay. Cukai tanah also went up by 45%. No more privilege for Maccs even though i own a house. Not allow to stay in my JB home frequently. Things getting more expensive with bankrupt PH/DAP in power. Tinking ways n means to suck $inkies blood. Have advise friends n relatives not to invest or buy properties in MALAYsia. Even if threshold drop to 500k.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Given the harsh stance now against foreigners staying for long period many are spooked. They dont have people to help them. They only know customs are against them. So why would property go up? I was at ksl a few years back. I saw bed bugs crawling in from outside. Immediately moved. If you bought the unit you are screwed

To be fair, it's immigration officers' job, nothing personal. Singapore's immigration dept. does the same to foreigners who make use of tourist visas to live in Singapore for long term.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I went to find indah sinkies today. As expected they have never encountered this problem. One guy has been living for 8byears. A lot are more than 5 years residence. A lot take bus also. Is this an woodlands problem?

From my experience, if they have never been questioned, it's because they travel to Singapore and back to Johor almost daily.
(Note: Avoid super low traffic hours like 2am in the morning).

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To avoid being questioned, here are a few pointers:
1) Do not stay for too many days without exiting Malaysia. If you stay for a week or longer, leave Malaysia for at least 3 days before returning.
2) If it's not possible for you to stay outside Malaysia for 3 days, you'll have to travel in and out at least every weekday.
3) Avoid super low peak hours. Avoid counters with lower traffic.