• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans living JB "Prohibited Immigrants" and barred from entry.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what i am going to post here is real and will share surprise everybody including myself.
On 14/8/2019 afternoon, when i approached counter 7 at about 5.30pm an indian corporal officer questioned me for about 20 minutes.

Details as follow:
He asked me why am i going in and out malaysia everyday, i told him i have been doing that for the passed 8 years but after my MACS cannot be renewed anymore i start to quene at the counters. He asked again by saying nothing to do with the MACS but he want the answer why. I told him i stay in JB and work in Singapore. He then immediately tell me i am not allowed to do that because the stamp given on my passport is for "social visit" only and he carried on to say he and the officer at counter 8 has already refused entry for 10+ Singaporean staying in JB, and reminded me that he got the right not to grant entry to me since he got STRONG evidence that i have violated the rule.
I am really confused because i have been doing that for the past 8 years and if i did not remember wrongly Johor Sultan on 2015 also encouraged Singaporean to do that, and is this the reason why they stopped MACS so to chase out all the 560000 Singaporean staying in JB. The officer finally told me he is going to give me ONE week to settle this issue (to get a valid pass) then he stamped on my passport and let me entry. I checked my passport same type of stamp, "social visit for 30 days". Moreover yesterday, 15/8/2019, morning and evening, and today, 16/8/201, morning, i have enter and exit without any officer stopping me.

Above is my scary experience after the last MACS issue, has anybody also faced the same problem or maybe hear something that Malaysia doctor M new goverment going to chase out the Singaporean from JB after the last he did to the China nationals in Forest City. Please update.

Thank You

Thanks for sharing. I can understand how u felt. I mean previously if we own a property we are qualified to apply for MACS. For retirement or investment. Now they telling us we cant stay in JB even though we have a house there. Nowadays having a property does not qualify u to have MACS. Really kana short change. :poop::devilish:

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think MM2H has always been what we r supposed to apply for if we want to live long term in JB.

I am sure u guys know deep in yr hearts that doing the 3 monthly social visit chop for the long term in order to stay in JB and work in Sg is illegal.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure u guys know deep in yr hearts that doing the 3 monthly social visit chop for the long term in order to stay in JB and work in Sg is illegal.

3 mths social visit chop? Tot only grant 1 mth endorsed in our passport?

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 mths social visit chop? Tot only grant 1 mth endorsed in our passport?
Ok 1 month then....I only stay 5 days max in JB each time as it is still our holiday home so I am not aware.

But I am planning to get MM2H if we retire in JB. Better to play by the rules than risk getting prohibited entry or worse, heaven forbid, yr property seized for violating their immigratiion rules.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
All over the world, long term stay will always require a special type of visa/permit. There are various forms of "permits", LTVP, EP, WP, PR etc that applies for long term stay in Sg. For Malaysians who enter Sg on Social Visit visa, I believe the accumulated stay in Sg is limited to no more than 90 days in a year in total even if you enter and exit multiple times. A similar rule may apply for S'porean "visiting" M'sia even though it has not been enforced.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All over the world, long term stay will always require a special type of visa/permit. There are various forms of "permits", LTVP, EP, WP, PR etc that applies for long term stay in Sg. For Malaysians who enter Sg on Social Visit visa, I believe the accumulated stay in Sg is limited to no more than 90 days in a year in total even if you enter and exit multiple times. A similar rule may apply for S'porean "visiting" M'sia even though it has not been enforced.

Msians have 60/90 days social visit privilege. Tat means for every 90 days Msians are allow to stay in spore for 60 days. So in total they are given 240 days or 8 mths stay per calendar year in spore! They have the blessing of spore garment to stay here. But most of them dont really stay but work here. Msians have best of both worlds

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Msians have 60/90 days social visit privilege. Tat means for every 90 days Msians are allow to stay in spore for 60 days. So in total they are given 240 days or 8 mths stay per calendar year in spore! They have the blessing of spore garment to stay here. But most of them dont really stay but work here. Msians have best of both worlds
Thanks for the clarification. In short, "long term stay" for foreign citizens in a country is a privilege, and it is difficult to argue against that.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the clarification. In short, "long term stay" for foreign citizens in a country is a privilege, and it is difficult to argue against that.

Spore welcome foreigners with wide open leg. Even sm western europe countries are given 3 mths social visit pass. 90 days stay. No question ask. Some also working here but atas sikit. Shenton way cbd area. Haiz.....foreigners n msians alike seeking job opportunities here Yet sinkies are treated like as though they are jobless n seeking jobs in Johore! Like as though we are homeless n need to stay in johore. We are so unwelcome to Msia.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok 1 month then....I only stay 5 days max in JB each time as it is still our holiday home so I am not aware.

But I am planning to get MM2H if we retire in JB. Better to play by the rules than risk getting prohibited entry or worse, heaven forbid, yr property seized for violating their immigratiion rules.

In the eyes of msia/immigration 1mth consider visitor pass. Not meant for u to stay for 5 days exit then next or couple days later U-turn n visit johore again...n 5days later exit n repeated cycle again. As i had mentioned having a house in JB doesnt automatically entitle u to stay in jb. To stay 5 days in a week best apply for MM2H. Fm ur passport they can tell u stay jb frequently

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should just apply for MM2H first instead of buying a house there then rent a place after getting MM2H. Afterall, rental is quite low there. And we don't need to buy a house to qualify for MM2H. Sigh...

Anyway, for us my hubby can qualify for MM2H but he doesn't want to apply. For me a bit tougher unless I sell my excessive redundant insurance policies which I may. But still hoping for RTS to be up first as I will prob need to go back a few days a week to work. My mum is against it though. Being born in Malaysia and moved to Sg since her twenties, I guess she still has deep misgivings about Malaysia.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh no, we only stay a few days every THREE MONTHS during the kids holidays not 5 days a week...lol....we still work in Sg and my kids r in Sg schools.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should just apply for MM2H first instead of buying a house there then rent a place after getting MM2H. Afterall, rental is quite low there. And we don't need to buy a house to qualify for MM2H. Sigh...

Anyway, for us my hubby can qualify for MM2H but he doesn't want to apply. For me a bit tougher unless I sell my excessive redundant insurance policies which I may. But still hoping for RTS to be up first as I will prob need to go back a few days a week to work. My mum is against it though. Being born in Malaysia and moved to Sg since her twenties, I guess she still has deep misgivings about Malaysia.

During BN or Najib time so long u own a hse u qualify for MACS. But now tat PH took over having a hse does not qualify u for MACS.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
For water electricity bills you could pay online via Malaysian bank account such as maybank.
Yeah but we still need to go down to get the slip of paper sent to our house telling us how much we owe. Also to pay maintainance bills.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah but we still need to go down to get the slip of paper sent to our house telling us how much we owe. Also to pay maintainance bills.

Ur own bills can be viewed fm their websites. TNB n SAJ. However i do have sm problem with SAJ. First attempt no probm logging in. But subsequent log in they will prompt i key in wrong password. Hmmm...

As for mf, i am sure u can pay ur committee by chq or int trsf.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
During BN or Najib time so long u own a hse u qualify for MACS. But now tat PH took over having a hse does not qualify u for MACS.

My friend recently got his visa for MM2nd home scheme. He has got his Macs done. He rented a place at Puteri harbor to stay. It's nice, i believe.