• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Singaporeans leaving Singapore: Are we the "villians"?

axe168

yes, mimimum wage is not the magic silver bullet. The whole idea is to change the mindset of sinkies about value of things.

Assuming you have min wage.. I suppose this will apply to PR and Foreign trash? so who will benefit from the above ? IMHO, Asian country can never change their mindset, bcoz they are living in a authoritarian or iron fist environment.. To them "cheap" is good..

I have another suggestion, lets go for "Singapore made, Singaporean 1st".. Only those who served NS shall be in the parliament? no one should enjoy the fruits without making sacrifices to the State?

Although, i'm already an Aussie (with proud Singapore roots).. I hope to see sinkie mates be proud of their country too. Sadly....

Meaning no women MP liao? Or if they have 3 or more kids they qualify also ?
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I have another suggestion, lets go for "Singapore made, Singaporean 1st".. Only those who served NS shall be in the parliament? no one should enjoy the fruits without making sacrifices to the State?

Although, i'm already an Aussie (with proud Singapore roots).. I hope to see sinkie mates be proud of their country too. Sadly....

chewed

Assuming you have min wage.. I suppose this will apply to PR and Foreign trash? so who will benefit from the above ? IMHO, Asian country can never change their mindset, bcoz they are living in a authoritarian or iron fist environment.. To them "cheap" is good..

Axe,

of course it applies to everyone. Once the wage rate is levelled, what incentive is there for companies to hire "cheaper" foreign workers?

I do disagree with you that an Asian country cannot rid the 3rd world mindset. the Japanese did it, so can we.

axe168

Axe,

of course it applies to everyone. Once the wage rate is levelled, what incentive is there for companies to hire "cheaper" foreign workers?

I do disagree with you that an Asian country cannot rid the 3rd world mindset. the Japanese did it, so can we.

Ok, agree on this.. IMHO, Singapore Pie is for Singaporean only.. There's not enough media attention to promote Singaporean 1st.. govt is only interested in cheap labour, increasing productivity (at the expense of family time) and revenue collecting from ERPs, COEs, Liquor license, TV license, maid levy etc.. it equates to Aussie Tax system. If Australia can provide a welfare and pension system to its ppl.. why not SG ?

Well, i am considered an outsider wef 2008.. I dont think Sg policy matters much now.. coz i have a choice :biggrin:

chewed

Ok, agree on this.. IMHO, Singapore Pie is for Singaporean only.. There's not enough media attention to promote Singaporean 1st.. govt is only interested in cheap labour, increasing productivity (at the expense of family time) and revenue collecting from ERPs, COEs, Liquor license, TV license, maid levy etc.. it equates to Aussie Tax system. If Australia can provide a welfare and pension system to its ppl.. why not SG ?

Well, i am considered an outsider wef 2008.. I dont think Sg policy matters much now.. coz i have a choice :biggrin:

Axe,

it will be impossible. Unlike the "Buy Aussie" mentality, there is no such "loyalty" among Singaporeans cos simply there is no national identity and pride among sinkies.

Look at the self-serving MIW, there is your answer. plus this stupid open door free trade policy that we have, it will never work. Sinkies only know "cheap, cheap". Whatever is cheap is good. This is what i call the 3rd world mentality.

Trust me it will never work. i'm still running a company in SG, trying to hire sinkies only and buy only from SG suppliers. But you know what? it's a losing battle. I'll probably have to close it down eventuallycos it simply doesn't make economical senses anymore.:(

Frankly, my customers doesn't care about buying from SG suppliers & hire sinkies, they only want cheap. and my competitors are bringing in from Malaysia, Vietnam & China to compete against me.

It simply doesn't pays to do such thing as Singaporean 1st cos sinkies simply don't care.

facadegeniality

Axe,

it will be impossible. Unlike the "Buy Aussie" mentality, there is no such "loyalty" among Singaporeans cos simply there is no national identity and pride among sinkies.

Look at the self-serving MIW, there is your answer. plus this stupid open door free trade policy that we have, it will never work. Sinkies only know "cheap, cheap". Whatever is cheap is good. This is what i call the 3rd world mentality.

Trust me it will never work. i'm still running a company in SG, trying to hire sinkies only and buy only from SG suppliers. But you know what? it's a losing battle. I'll probably have to close it down eventuallycos it simply doesn't make economical senses anymore.:(

Frankly, my customers doesn't care about buying from SG suppliers & hire sinkies, they only want cheap. and my competitors are bringing in from Malaysia, Vietnam & China to compete against me.

It simply doesn't pays to do such thing as Singaporean 1st cos sinkies simply don't care.

hi chewed, what kinda business are u doing?

axe168

Axe,

We can do this if we stay as "one" and force them outta the ring :wink: New leader should commit to Singaporean 1st policy... and they shld start from the govt dept, awarding contract to the local.. focus on quality local products or jobs for sinkies.. Its gonna be hard.. Asian HDB thinking will hardly change :(

chewed

hi chewed, what kinda business are u doing?

facade,

i'm doing manufacturing. one of those last small companies in SG who's weathered thru 97, 9/11, SARS and GFC. And in the end, i'll have to close shop all like thousands of small bsinesses before me, cos SG doesn't appreciate it's small business owners and their contributions to SG economy

chewed

We can do this if we stay as "one" and force them outta the ring :wink: New leader should commit to Singaporean 1st policy... and they shld start from the govt dept, awarding contract to the local.. focus on quality local products or jobs for sinkies.. Its gonna be hard.. Asian HDB thinking will hardly change :(

Axe,

like i said, it will never happen. Sinkies are too self-serving.

This 3rd world mentality will be the main reason that sink SG.

chewed

and our dear manpower minister as just asked thousands of "unproductive" small businessess to quit.

Thanks for screwing up tens of thousands of hardworking business owners and their worker's lives....

i've never been so happy in my life, now that i'm a quitter.

Axe,

like i said, it will never happen. Sinkies are too self-serving.

This 3rd world mentality will be the main reason that sink SG.

Reminds me of a quote from Deng Xiaoping. That china needs at least 50 years to take off. He did not just mean the infrastructure, buildings, but also the mentality of its people. Singapore is slowly changing, but having a new government would help it shed its 3rd world mentality, I believe.

chewed

Reminds me of a quote from Deng Xiaoping. That china needs at least 50 years to take off. He did not just mean the infrastructure, buildings, but also the mentality of its people. Singapore is slowly changing, but having a new government would help it shed its 3rd world mentality, I believe.

Ash,

given how big a hole that Temasek has dug itself during the GFC, i think it's better that the PAP continue to rule SG.:o

Ash,

given how big a hole that Temasek has dug itself during the GFC, i think it's better that the PAP continue to rule SG.:o

That is why I said a change of government is important. In other countries like Australia, UK, US, if something like Temasick happened there would have been a big public outcry. Things would change, even if the change is painful initially. A change of government shows a new willingness to move in a new direction a new change in mentality not just a change in faces.

chewed

That is why I said a change of government is important. In other countries like Australia, UK, US, if something like Temasick happened there would have been a big public outcry. Things would change, even if the change is painful initially. A change of government shows a new willingness to move in a new direction a new change in mentality not just a change in faces.

Ash,

i don't think painful can even describe the catastrophy behind it.

So for argument sake, ignoring the difficult task as it is, you are saying if PAPee were to be kicked out one day, Singapore would decent into chaos?

Ash,

i don't think painful can even describe the catastrophy behind it.

chewed

So for argument sake, ignoring the difficult task as it is, you are saying if PAPee were to be kicked out one day, Singapore would decent into chaos?

the chaos would result from the discovery of how huge a hole Temasek has dug.

the way i see it, just the fact that PAP is no longer in power will not cause chaos as the existing civil service machinery will keep the country running.

it's the disclosure of skeletons in the closet that will cause the chaos.

thats the difference

I personally prefer that to happen. Have the skeletons out now, go through the chaos, pain, anarchy, whatever you want to call it and move on. The longer you wait for things to remain hidden, the uglier it gets once it surface.

the way i see it, just the fact that PAP is no longer in power will not cause chaos as the existing civil service machinery will keep the country running.

thats the difference

the greatest threat to sg will not be from losses in (and siphoning of) temasek funds, but from the first family and their loyal dogs doing a scorched earth on all the stinking orifices of sg from a safe perch overseas. :biggrin:

Absolutely agree. Old man's character has been one never to take prisoners. Its all or nothing.
the greatest threat to sg will not be from losses in (and siphoning of) temasek funds, but from the first family and their loyal dogs doing a scorched earth on all the stinking orifices of sg from a safe perch overseas. :biggrin:

chewed

eat,

that is part of the skeleton that i'm refering to...