• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - PSLE students cried, vomited and flipped their exam desks over a super difficult Math paper

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point.

I can share also that for the vast majority of kids who go to so called elite schools like RI , HC, etc they go from Top in Primary School to also rans and nobody status in these schools.

They are made to feel mediocre or even lousy. Extremely bad for self esteem.

But I think this is what MOE wants for Singaporean children. So that as you rightly pointed out the foreigners can come in and take jobs from local Singaporeans and they can justify saying you are not good enough. As for the top students? They are given scholarships. SAF scholars. Roped into Politics. Roped into Ministry. Roped into GLCs. Those jobs for locals not for foreigners.
There should not be a elite school. All schools should get same amount depending on number of pupils.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does those CECA who landed a cushy job in Singapore need to go through such shit as sinkies children? Even if you managed to pass your math with flying colors, you will still have your lunch stolen by fake talent and ended up as grab or food deliverer.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Does those CECA who landed a cushy job in Singapore need to go through such shit as sinkies children? Even if you managed to pass your math with flying colors, you will still have your lunch stolen by fake talent and ended up as grab or food deliverer.
I heard they went through worse…

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard they went through worse…
like this?
DE4B230A-C849-4456-8496-80B878F8ABAC.jpeg

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 124069

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/threads/psle-maths-qn.6611578/
Helen has more $0.50 so she has more money.
Ivan has 40 (104-64) lesser $0.50 than Helen but 40 more $0.20 so
40x($0.50-$0.20)= $12.00. So Helen has $12 more than Ivan
Ivan has 40 of $0.50 less than but 40 more $0.20 than Helen. The total mass of Ivan coins is
1134g - (40×2.7g)= 1134g-108g=1026g

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
This hoo ha is the result of a stressful exam system where a whole life work is based on a few exams...if the exam questions are outside the scope it destroys the opportunity of many.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh its the retarded solve algebra without algebra question. Uniquely sinkie garbage. No one else is learning this crap

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
there was one science, technical, and math aptitude test i took in secondary school, and i scored 4321, being part of a few who achieved over 4k in the 99th percentile. wtf was that test? i don’t even remember the name and purpose.
U onl eat shit and die.... where got talent.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a sneaky suspicion that they have been adding nonsense to the curriculum over the years, encumbering the kids with useless things to learn. This makes them feel inadequate in school, which then makes them seek out tuition centres... their certification brings in more revenue for the govt.
Itsthe model nonsense. Instead of using algebra to solve this, they have a sinkie shit model method. Even parents teaching this crap have problem. But heres the best part. Cambridge doesnt give a flying fuck. You will NEVER be tested on it unless you are in sinkie retard school.

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 124066

View attachment 124067

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/threads/saga-is-brewing-at-moe-fb-page.6611566/
https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...fficult-until-kids-cry-and-beg.6611500/unread

I'm not sure about my generation. I'm 43. But I think the younger generation are going to squashed real bad as Vietnam and Cambodia and Manila rises.

Then again. I don't have a degree. Started working 2 years ago. IT desktop engineer. I always felt like a loser because I couldn't get back to where I was earning. But then again. I think I don't get to think when my last meal is going to end. So I'm quite grateful for being resourceful.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure about my generation. I'm 43. But I think the younger generation are going to squashed real bad as Vietnam and Cambodia and Manila rises.

Then again. I don't have a degree. Started working 2 years ago. IT desktop engineer. I always felt like a loser because I couldn't get back to where I was earning. But then again. I think I don't get to think when my last meal is going to end. So I'm quite grateful for being resourceful.
The young in these places have something our young doesn't have - hunger and drive.

When you are brought up in a relatively secure and comfortable world with live-in maids to take care of your every need, what is there to look forward to or make life better?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Itsthe model nonsense. Instead of using algebra to solve this, they have a sinkie shit model method. Even parents teaching this crap have problem. But heres the best part. Cambridge doesnt give a flying fuck. You will NEVER be tested on it unless you are in sinkie retard school.

I learnt the Sinkie model thing back in the day. It was a graphical representation of algebra, no big deal.

But I'm not sure what other stuff they had put inside the curriculum in the subsequent years and decades.

For example, maybe some MOE jiakliaobee might have tried to score points about pushing 'holistic education' or 'education for a future knowledge-based economy' or 'UN's Sustainable Development quality education' etc, then they added a bit of this and that nonsense into the curriculum, which then got bloated and simultaneously dumbed down over the years.

Anyway, I'm not a parent, a teacher or tutor, so I can't be arsed to find out. :cool:

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
In an information rich society boasting of high Internet speed. They should up the ante on how to be resourceful and creative. Unfortunately. Iq is the only quotient worth exploiting in any hierarchy.

I don't have iq and eq so I relied on being resourceful. Google.com and YouTube is my brother in arms. And iching is my sister. Bazi is like an event viewer (windows representation) of what had happened. Lol.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I learnt the Sinkie model thing back in the day. It was a graphical representation of algebra, no big deal.

But I'm not sure what other stuff they had put inside the curriculum in the subsequent years and decades.

For example, maybe some MOE jiakliaobee might have tried to score points about pushing 'holistic education' or 'education for a future knowledge-based economy' or 'UN's Sustainable Development quality education' etc, then they added a bit of this and that nonsense into the curriculum, which then got bloated and simultaneously dumbed down over the years.

Anyway, I'm not a parent, a teacher or tutor, so I can't be arsed to find out. :cool:
Oh no they refuse to just teach algebra earlier. This is a sec school subject. They are forcing primary schools to learn this shit. Just retarded. Instead of following japn where they learn simple chemistry early, and its not some mutant method. My friend an elderly grandpa vomit blood even trying to tutor his grandson

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh no they refuse to just teach algebra earlier. This is a sec school subject. They are forcing primary schools to learn this shit. Just retarded. Instead of following japn where they learn simple chemistry early, and its not some mutant method. My friend an elderly grandpa vomit blood even trying to tutor his grandson
As a parent, I find using model to solve math problems help to improve your children analytical skill. They could grasp and understand the concepts more easily. Your children will benefit it in their learning journey
Parents should try to learn the problem solving by using model, then you could help your children, it is a very useful method.