• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - PSLE students cried, vomited and flipped their exam desks over a super difficult Math paper

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I have a sneaky suspicion that they have been adding nonsense to the curriculum over the years, encumbering the kids with useless things to learn. This makes them feel inadequate in school, which then makes them seek out tuition centres... their certification brings in more revenue for the govt.
Don't say just Primary School lah.....

Universities also.

Like a lot of the stuff we study in University is also useless from day to day perspective.

WTF I learn all the life cycle of various worms which don't even exist in Singapore? Or for me to study Dengue Fever when there is no such disease in Canada? Or half life and pharmacokinetics of drugs I will never prescribe or encounter in my practice?

I am sure same can be said for Engineering Accounting Law and what not

A lot of crap for the sake of teaching and giving teachers and lecturers something to do.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't say just Primary School lah.....

Universities also.

Like a lot of the stuff we study in University is also useless from day to day perspective.

WTF I learn all the life cycle of various worms which don't even exist in Singapore? Or for me to study Dengue Fever when there is no such disease in Canada? Or half life and pharmacokinetics of drugs I will never prescribe or encounter in my practice?

I am sure same can be said for Engineering Accounting Law and what not

A lot of crap for the sake of teaching and giving teachers and lecturers something to do.

University education is limitless, that's the whole point. I know people from a wealthy family, who go to grad school just for fun rather than to 'improve employment opportunities' or to acquire practical knowledge.

It is the basic education which causes the proliferation of tuition centres.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
University education is limitless, that's the whole point. I know people from a wealthy family, who go to grad school just for fun rather than to 'improve employment opportunities' or to acquire practical knowledge.

Aiyah don't say tuition centres lah

Look at all the various gurus and courses and whatever training you can sign up on to TRADE STOCKS TO FINANCIAL FREEDOM.

LOL!

Point is......those who can do. Those who can't teach.

You don't see George Soros or Warren Buffet selling training courses or making videos asking you to click on the subscribe icon.

The biggest example that education is total nonsense is when you tell patients that they are smarter than their doctors and should make decisions without the influence of their doctors.

You are born with medical knowledge.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
P

Psst... I clicked the like button I like your stupid comment....

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hv seen so many from 3rd world ,so call many are from town,small province come here get our PMET jobs ,wat does it show , the clowns trying to be funny n they grill our kids demoralise them n they themselves will feel inferior towards foreigners that are not better then them so in the end jobs goes to them.CB PAPigs , 61% still hv not wake up.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I hv seen so many from 3rd world ,so call many are from town,small province come here get our PMET jobs ,wat does it show , the clowns trying to be funny n they grill our kids demoralise them n they themselves will feel inferior towards foreigners that are not better then them so in the end jobs goes to them.CB PAPigs , 61% still hv not wake up.

Good point.

I can share also that for the vast majority of kids who go to so called elite schools like RI , HC, etc they go from Top in Primary School to also rans and nobody status in these schools.

They are made to feel mediocre or even lousy. Extremely bad for self esteem.

But I think this is what MOE wants for Singaporean children. So that as you rightly pointed out the foreigners can come in and take jobs from local Singaporeans and they can justify saying you are not good enough. As for the top students? They are given scholarships. SAF scholars. Roped into Politics. Roped into Ministry. Roped into GLCs. Those jobs for locals not for foreigners.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The degree of difficulty in the PSLE maths exam is inversely proportional to the degree of intelligence of the Education Minister and a fraction of the degree of value of his salary.....True or False.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
During my time, I don't even know what the fuck PSLE was. Just sat through it and it was all over. Don't remember studying much for it.
Fun fact:

Examination papers were set by the MOE and marking conducted by appointed school teachers using a common standard. The first PSLE was held from 2nd to 4th November 1960, with a total of 30,615 candidates. Results were released on 23 December 1960.

You must have been one of the first few students. :roflmao:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fun fact:

Examination papers were set by the MOE and marking conducted by appointed school teachers using a common standard. The first PSLE was held from 2nd to 4th November 1960, with a total of 30,615 candidates. Results were released on 23 December 1960.

You must have been one of the first few students. :roflmao:

Nope. I took it two decades later.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there was one science, technical, and math aptitude test i took in secondary school, and i scored 4321, being part of a few who achieved over 4k in the 99th percentile. wtf was that test? i don’t even remember the name and purpose.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You don't see George Soros or Warren Buffet selling training courses or making videos asking you to click on the subscribe icon.

Maybe they both haven't caught on to the popularity of people taking upgrading courses. The ROI is much higher than being a bag holder in their 'long term' holding.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe they both haven't caught on to the popularity of people taking upgrading courses. The ROI is much higher than being a bag holder in their 'long term' holding.
When you're worth 100.6 billion, I somehow have a feeling they don't give a flying fark about people interested in upgrading courses. :roflmao:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a sneaky suspicion that they have been adding nonsense to the curriculum over the years, encumbering the kids with useless things to learn. This makes them feel inadequate in school, which then makes them seek out tuition centres... their certification brings in more revenue for the govt.
If the garbage is not added into the syllabus..n making thr system n curriculum more bloated..how do civil Serpents justify their jobs n pay?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If sinkies can't solve simple math problems involving the mass of coins, they should get ready to work in food delivery or condo security when they grow up.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
No matter how difficult the paper is.
There still 5 % of national cohort scoring full marks.
This kind of questions is known as the A* question to segregate the better ones.