• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Political Awards - GE 2011

liangshan

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahahaha...women's tears have power?

Women's tears can be used as weapon.

Seeing how much "bullying" Tin Pei Ling was getting from GE alone, I was half expecting her to break down in order to gain sympathy but she didn't. :eek: NS's crying seems more like wayang.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Years Of Volunteerism Makes Her A Weakling ?

If men politicians can cry, we should give some allowance to women politicians. We had wimps like Lim Boon Heng who weeped uncontrollably in the midst of a press conference to introduce new PAP candidates, Lim Swee Say who walked away to sob over Ronald Susilo's badmintion loss. And what about the Old Man himself. He choked and shed tears when speaking to reporters about separation with Malaysia. Over the causeway, Mahathir cried shamelessly at an UMNO gathering over the failure of malays to better themselves despite the bumiputra policy. These are all seasoned politicians and yet they wept. So why should we be so harsh on a newbie young girl.

It wasn't Lee, it was Goh Keng Swee all along. That's what I have heard. Lee is a liar and a wayang expert. Why ? He was a trained lawyer. Lawyer has to twist the fact to his client's advantage. Lying is a second nature to him. He can give you that sincere look at a foreign TV host and say, "Yes, I believe !" That's him alright.

I seem to know the late Goh Keng Swee's thought because he was a man who do NOT believe in anyone and he would rather do things his way. Of course, the separation wasn't a surprise or a sad episode for Singaporeans; instead, he should be giggling secretly. Thun thio ah !

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

interesting_nifty_funny_amazing_moustache200907241542224486.bmp

Women by nature are emotional creatures. One cannot expect them to behave like men just because they become politicians. After all they still bear children and breastfeed their babies. We cannot wave a wand and changed them to behave like males.

Yah, but women still run on a low level of testosterone compared to men. This reminds me of women or girls with hairy arms or upper lip (moustaches ?).

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

shepherd.jpg

nothing to do with weakness or strength. I saw her tears of love and compassion for the poor. it was a plus point

I still can remember the time when I commented that Nicole wasn't strong enough to be a full-fledged politician, whaa ! She came to her rescue with a defense. Sure got supporters lah. I'm her supporter too. She has to grow out of that volunteerism thing for the sake of the republic. She needs that maturity to woo more into her fold.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Women's tears can be used as weapon.

Seeing how much "bullying" Tin Pei Ling was getting from GE alone, I was half expecting her to break down in order to gain sympathy but she didn't. :eek: NS's crying seems more like wayang.

How was TPL bullied? By hearing the truth??

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

interesting_nifty_funny_amazing_moustache200907241542224486.bmp

Yah, but women still run on a low level of testosterone compared to men. This reminds me of women or girls with hairy arms or upper lip (moustaches ?).

wld you rather a woman be a man? or wld you prefer a woman to be truly a feminine and demure gal?

men are men, women are women

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

shepherd.jpg

I still can remember the time when I commented that Nicole wasn't strong enough to be a full-fledged politician, whaa ! She came to her rescue with a defense. Sure got supporters lah. I'm her supporter too. She has to grow out of that volunteerism thing for the sake of the republic. She needs that maturity to woo more into her fold.

Are volunteerism and politics mutually exclusive?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boys Will Be Boys

So_Nyeo_Shi_Dae_SNSD_Girls_Generation_19072009090359.jpg

wld you rather a woman be a man? or wld you prefer a woman to be truly a feminine and demure gal?

men are men, women are women

There was a saying, "Boys will be boys." So, I suppose the opposite is still valid and applicable. But, when they start to say, "World Peace !" OMG, are they going to vote for PAP so as not to rock the boat and to maintain that 'peaceful' page for as long as they can until someone tear it off and intro a new chapter for our new republic. I suppose the new gen women should be sophisticated enough not to fall into this trap. I'm a guy, so I have no idea about women's penchant for shopping. But, the one below may be a little different.

gun_shop-2096.jpg

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Boys Will Be Boys

Conqueror;928720 [COLOR="blue" said:
There was a saying, "Boys will be boys." So, I suppose the opposite is still valid and applicable. But, when they start to say, "World Peace !" OMG, are they going to vote for PAP so as not to rock the boat and to maintain that 'peaceful' page for as long as they can until someone tear it off and intro a new chapter for our new republic. I suppose the new gen women should be sophisticated enough not to fall into this trap. I'm a guy, so I have no idea about women's penchant for shopping. But, the one below may be a little different.[/COLOR]

Yes, I suppose you are right..gals will be gals..I would think that the new generation gals are still gals but are also sophisticated enough.

I would be very sad if the new generation gals become boys and are not sophisticated but instead fall into the trap. That would be double tragedy:(

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

So expensive price tags, are you sure? I've never bought firearms before but I've visited US gunshops before. It was always a few hundred dollars only.

Last edited:

Annoyed

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will reply to this, hate mail notwithstanding.

How was TPL bullied? By hearing the truth??

At the risk of sounding like some AWARE femi-Nazi, I am coming out to say that I did not or do not approve of the way criticisms were leveled at Tin Pei Ling. The way netizens dug out pictures of her posing with that now-infamous Kate Spade box was uncalled for, as was the way she was accused of being a gold-digger after photos of her and her alleged ex were EXposed (pardon the pun). I have nothing good to say about the girl's complete lack of policy sense and her infantile way of answering questions, but I stop at that. The personal potshots taken at her private life were, quite frankly, sexist and uncalled for. I know there will be some who insist there is nothing wrong with doing so, and will go on to cite all the instances of LKY doing the same to his political opponents. I disagree, and I don't see any pride in stooping to those levels.

So yes, to cut a long answer short, it WAS bullying. Saying that her immaturity makes her unsuitable for public office may be telling the truth - notwithstanding the subjective definition of what constitutes "truth". But saying that she's a gold-digging slut who dumped one boyfriend for another to get herself unlimited numbers of Kate Spade bags - which was what many netizens led by the erstwhile Temasek Review was doing - is plain catty.

Are volunteerism and politics mutually exclusive?

No, they aren't, but they are not the same thing either and the sooner we are able to distinguish between the two, the better it is for us. I have nothing against Nicole Seah - at least she has the guts to stand up and be counted (and have people on Hardware Zone wax lyrical about how good she looks when she's sweating), which is much more than I could ever do. But it takes more than sincerity to make a politician and, to that end, I find it laughable how virtually the entire Singapore was cooing at her self-introductory video where she tried to pass off the community service she did in JC as "grassroots work". Given that most of us will have to fulfil some form of community involvement project as part our extracurricular activities, I found it disingenuous that she actually thought she could pass one off for the other. It's not outright dishonesty, but she certainly is taking liberties with the truth.

I think it behooves us all to scrutinize our politicians, PAP or otherwise, equally. A system whereby no contrary opinion can be taken of an opposition party politician - or indeed, when no praise can be leveled at a member of the ruling party - when justly deserved, is no better than what we have now.

Happy belated New Year, everyone.

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

So expensive price tags, are you sure? I've never bought firearms before but I've visited US gunshops before. It was always a few hundred dollars only.

I do think its too expensive for a white collar worker (office gal) to arm herself from muggers or a farmer to use it against a cougar or a bear. But, do you get to see who made all these, say third world countries like The Philippines or even China ?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Yes, I suppose you are right..gals will be gals..I would think that the new generation gals are still gals but are also sophisticated enough.

I would be very sad if the new generation gals become boys and are not sophisticated but instead fall into the trap. That would be double tragedy:(

Not true. Gals are airheads nowadays. Hard to find a decent intelligent gal nowadays.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

At the risk of sounding like some AWARE femi-Nazi, I am coming out to say that I did not or do not approve of the way criticisms were leveled at Tin Pei Ling. The way netizens dug out pictures of her posing with that now-infamous Kate Spade box was uncalled for, as was the way she was accused of being a gold-digger after photos of her and her alleged ex were EXposed (pardon the pun). I have nothing good to say about the girl's complete lack of policy sense and her infantile way of answering questions, but I stop at that. The personal potshots taken at her private life were, quite frankly, sexist and uncalled for. I know there will be some who insist there is nothing wrong with doing so, and will go on to cite all the instances of LKY doing the same to his political opponents. I disagree, and I don't see any pride in stooping to those levels.

So yes, to cut a long answer short, it WAS bullying. Saying that her immaturity makes her unsuitable for public office may be telling the truth - notwithstanding the subjective definition of what constitutes "truth". But saying that she's a gold-digging slut who dumped one boyfriend for another to get herself unlimited numbers of Kate Spade bags - which was what many netizens led by the erstwhile Temasek Review was doing - is plain catty.

If TPL chooses to go into the political arena, she must take the good and the bad that come with entering a political life. Is she unaware of the consequences?

LKY once dug out and reveal CST's O level results...

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No, they aren't, but they are not the same thing either and the sooner we are able to distinguish between the two, the better it is for us. I have nothing against Nicole Seah - at least she has the guts to stand up and be counted (and have people on Hardware Zone wax lyrical about how good she looks when she's sweating), which is much more than I could ever do. But it takes more than sincerity to make a politician and, to that end, I find it laughable how virtually the entire Singapore was cooing at her self-introductory video where she tried to pass off the community service she did in JC as "grassroots work". Given that most of us will have to fulfil some form of community involvement project as part our extracurricular activities, I found it disingenuous that she actually thought she could pass one off for the other. It's not outright dishonesty, but she certainly is taking liberties with the truth.

I think it behooves us all to scrutinize our politicians, PAP or otherwise, equally. A system whereby no contrary opinion can be taken of an opposition party politician - or indeed, when no praise can be leveled at a member of the ruling party - when justly deserved, is no better than what we have now.

The pap has been praised sky high by the pap controlled media and that's where is backfired. The social media are just countering balancing this MSM bias against the non pap politicians