• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - Food delivery guy says being food delivery guy very siong, kena whack by both food vendor staff and customers when it's not his fault

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
food-delivery-rider-problems.jpg

https://mothership.sg/2020/05/food-delivery-rider-problems/

1. Eatery staff would yell at him to cancel his order when he shows up to just ask if his food is ready for collection. The common response by eatery staff is: “You can, you wait. If you cannot wait, Cancel!"

2. He said that he understands that eateries are understaffed and lack manpower during this period, but he still notices that the staff greet walk-in customers politely.

3. And when he checks with the eatery staff about orders again, he is told: "Preparing! Preparing!"

4. Peak hours are the only times food delivery personnel can fulfil more orders, while the rest of the time they are waiting for orders to roll in.

5. There are also some restaurants that are not ready for the day but have started taking orders, which once resulted in a wait of some 30 minutes, and caused the delivery personnel to get blamed by the customer.

6. Riders are all operating under time pressure, with some rushing for their daily targets, and others rushing for their incentives.

7. He once delivered an order while it was raining and the box was too big to fit in his thermal bag. The bag ended up wet but the food was intact and dry, but he was still scolded by the customer: "How come the bag so wet?"

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
From this you already know grab getting too much from the restaurant. That's why the owners are reluctant to give grab delivery guys top notch service. only walk in customers are treated nicely. Only fast food restaurants treat these delivery guys well.

jw5

Loyal
They can look forward to the reopening of MacDonald's. :wink:

From this you already know grab getting too much from the restaurant. That's why the owners are reluctant to give grab delivery guys top notch service. only walk in customers are treated nicely. Only fast food restaurants treat these delivery guys well.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like an opportunity for an app to rate business that gives food deliverers the shaft. Customers of takeout places can be referred to that site to know if their food will arrive on time based on feedback from food deliverers. This is one way to do arrogant business in.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle can give them 2 suggestions
1. Take a beedio of the restoran staff asking them wait then show it to the customer KNN
2. Don't wear the grab t shirt first until after collect KNN

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only winners in this equation are the food delivery companies...their only cost is maintaining their apps behind the computer screen in a cosy office.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Take a beedio of the restoran staff asking them wait then show it to the customer KNN
3. If after doing (1) the customer still kpkb then take beedio of the customer and show it to the restoran staff KNN always keep 2 copies of beedio instead of wasting saliva and energy to explain KNN

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never use food delivery. If I want to eat something, I will personally drive there and tabao. Gives me an excuse to get out of the house too. :smile:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
no way... they will still know it's for grab because you have to identify which order you need to collect.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
no way... they will still know it's for grab because you have to identify which order you need to collect.
KNN if that's the case can try say hoi my grab abang asked me help to collect KNN I'm now your customer ok KNN you and your abang friend both change to civilian and collect for each other KNN if really cannot then apply the (1) and (3) KNN