• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'If you can't afford to eat, then don't eat': Customer claims dim sum stall staff shouted at him for asking for takeaway chilli, Singapore News

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
An F&B stall that does not want to serve chilli in Asia?
What kind of business model is that?
There is a duck rice stall at the kopitiam in Blk 155 Bukit Batok Street 11 that charges for chilli whether you eat there or takeaway. When a customer enquires about why the chilli is not included in the duck rice purchased, she will raise her voice that ingredients have all increased. I haven't gone back there since. In any case, her duck rice is below average in both quality and quantity.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a duck rice stall at the kopitiam in Blk 155 Bukit Batok Street 11 that charges for chilli whether you eat there or takeaway. When a customer enquires about why the chilli is not included in the duck rice purchased, she will raise her voice that ingredients have all increased. I haven't gone back there since. In any case, her duck rice is below average in both quality and quantity.
When i was young, Wendy's used to charge for each pack of chilli. In the end, they closed down.

Then in mid-2010s, they came back and then closed down again.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When i was young, Wendy's used to charge for each pack of chilli. In the end, they closed down.

Let Dot guess: they did not change their business model when they came back in mid-2010s and continued to charge for chilli.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The chilly and black sauce in dim sum are like sambal in nasi lemak. No need to ask. It's part of the food. You either add it in or " Asing" And they put sambal separately.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
agreed. i wish to share my experience in JB on this quite similar situation. JB has a bakery called Lavender. I like their Japanese made bread and their Kaya. The bakery has a small cafe by them, beside the bakery, doing drink and toast.

I ask the cafe lady if i can buy the Japanese bread slices from the bakery and then you can kaya for me and i am willing to pay the same price as the menu and i will buy a drink from the cafe too. The cafe apparently is not using the Japanese bread for their toast. She politely decline it and say it cannot be done. I have to get my own Kaya from the shop for my bread. i explain that i cannot finish the kaya by myself as i only can clear half of the kaya bottle for 6 slices of bread as i tried it before. She still disallowed my request with a smile on her face. I thank her.

So i just buy my own bread and kaya and try to use more kaya on each slice just enough without getting overwhelmed by it. Not bad , finished 7/8 of it and also buy a drink from the cafe, to have a table for myself.

The day goes by nicely. no shouting, no anger, just pleasantries.

why my life so smooth? because i put up strong boundaries against ball-less sinkie behaviour. and only allow proper behaviour to interact with me and JB has loads of such good nice behaviour. i open myself more to Johor pple than sinkies.

Lavender cake shop is one of my favourite afternoon kopi joints there. I may have seen you there before.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Such businesses are pennywise and pound foolish. Never piss off your customers, or they will vote with their feet and review your establishment with their online postings that may make or break your business.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Such businesses are pennywise and pound foolish. Never piss off your customers, or they will vote with their feet and review your establishment with their online postings that may make or break your business.
Some customers make a fuss for no reason. Marco Pierre White simoly threw them out.