• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Guess? - GrabFood bans delivery rider who was caught on CCTV drinking customer’s iced Milo before delivering it

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Muuds like to do such stunts? Is it because Milo is same colour as muuds so cannot resist? @syed putra care to explain? :wink:
https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/grabfood-rider-drinks-customers-order-2250096

GrabFood bans delivery rider who was caught on CCTV drinking customer’s iced Milo before delivering it​

A GrabFood delivery rider was captured on security camera drinking from a customer's order (left) before delivering a cup of beverage (right) to him.
haziquehibri/TikTok
A GrabFood delivery rider was captured on security camera drinking from a customer's order (left) before delivering a cup of beverage (right) to him.

Follow us on Instagram and Tiktok, and join our Telegram channel for the latest updates.
  • A delivery rider was banned from working for GrabFood after he drank from a customer's beverage that he was supposed to deliver
  • The incident, which was captured on camera, went viral on TikTok, with other users sharing similar experiences
  • The customer, Mr Hazique Hibri, said that his suspicions were confirmed when he found that the cup's lid was wet with droplets of the drink
SINGAPORE — A GrabFood delivery rider, who was caught on security camera drinking a beverage from a food order that he was delivering, has been banned by food delivery platform Grab.

Mr Hazique Hibri, the customer, shared this on TikTok, with some online users recounting similar experiences.

In his post, Mr Hazique showed footage of the delivery rider guzzling his drink in front of his house, taken from Mr Hazique's closed circuit-television (CCTV) camera.
His suspicions that his iced Milo order from McDonald's had been tampered with were confirmed, he said, when he saw that the area around the lid of the cup was wet with droplets of the drink and possibly “saliva or sweat”.

He showed a photo of a drink that was visibly only three-quarters full and had a wet lid.

Mr Hazique said that he had tried to confront the delivery rider but was met with confusion, as the rider responded with just "huh".
He said: “I feel for these food delivery riders and I understand that the work is tiring. I understand that you can get thirsty.

“But just don’t pass me something that you’ve put your lips on.”

Mr Hazique highlighted that the delivery rider had a five-star rating on the Grab mobile application and that he does not think that it is the rider’s first time doing this.

The video of his account of the incident, posted on Wednesday (Sept 6), has gained close to 300,000 views and more than 600 comments as of Friday.
One viewer said that she had a similar encounter: “It's not only the drink, sometimes I see my fries left one quarter only.”

Another said that he once filed a complaint with Grab after his order was also allegedly consumed by a delivery rider.

One other person commented that she would “always check food first for foul play by the delivery drivers before eating” and that most food establishments now “use stickers” or do a “double knot” when tying the bag of food.

One online user agreed that eateries have taken extra precautions to ensure that such instances do not occur: “That's why some restaurants double-bag their drinks. Some even cable-tie the plastic bags.”

In response to TODAY’s queries, Grab said that the incident was against its code of conduct and that the delivery rider has been banned from the platform after the incident was reported.

The firm said that it has issued a full refund to Mr Hazique.

“We want to reassure the public that this is a one-off incident and does not reflect the high standards that our delivery-partners uphold.”

In July, a GrabFood rider was banned from the platform after throwing a customer’s delivery order outside his home.

In 2020, a GrabFood rider had his account suspended by Grab after a public confrontation with a worker at beverage chain Playmade’s Waterway Point outlet, AsiaOne website reported.

TODAY has reached out to Mr Hazique for comments.
--------------
SOKH4Zu.png

Last edited: