• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore appointed 2 idiots to lead the task force.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was glad to launch the inaugural US-Singapore Dialogue on Critical and Emerging Technologies. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
We are seeing a new wave of game-changing technologies worldwide, like advancements in A.I., quantum computing and biotechnology.
These new technologies will help us to build a better future and better world. But we also need to have the right standards and governance frameworks in place to make this work.
So I was glad to launch the inaugural US-Singapore Dialogue on Critical and Emerging Technologies, where we are coming together with the US to collaborate on these big questions.
Singapore and the US are natural and like-minded partners in these fields. While we are vastly different in size, Singapore and the US share many complementarities in tech and innovation. I am confident that by working together, we can help to foster open, accessible and secure tech ecosystems — so that the power of tech can be used to solve pressing global problems of our time.
(
1f4f8.png
: Official White House Photos by Oliver Contreras)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was happy to catch up again with Deputy Secretary of the Treasury Wally Adeyemo. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

4 d ·
Singapore and the US share common strategic interests across a wide range of areas. Our bilateral cooperation also serves as a pathfinder for the US’ broader engagements with the region especially in new and emerging areas.
I discussed our practical and substantive bilateral cooperation with National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan today. There is much scope for us to work together in areas like clean energy, space, as well as digital and tech solutions. We also exchanged views on the global outlook and geopolitical developments.
It was also good to catch up again with Deputy Secretary of the Treasury Wally Adeyemo , since our chat last year. We exchanged views on the strengthening of international financial institutions, and areas for collaboration between our two countries.
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
1f91d.png
1f1fa_1f1f8.png

The White House
(
1f4f8.png
: [1] Official White House Photo by Oliver Contreras, [2] MCI Photo by Ngau Kai Yan)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was glad to round up his US trip with a dialogue at the CSIS | Center for Strategic & International Studies before returning home. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

5 d ·
Glad to round up my US trip with a dialogue at the CSIS | Center for Strategic & International Studies before returning home
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
The world today is confronted with many challenges and uncertainties. We are moving from an era of benign globalisation to an age of great power contestation. And there are questions on how to leverage emerging and critical technologies for the benefit of our peoples, while minimising the downside risks.
Ultimately all this means that we must work even more closely together - to ensure we have a rules-based order that is fit for our times, and ties between us that are strong.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Ngau Kai Yan)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was happy to meet Indian External Affairs Minister Dr S. Jaishankar during his visit to Singapore. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

1 h ·
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
and
1f1ee_1f1f3.png
share a longstanding partnership built on deep historical ties and strategic trust.
Happy to meet Indian External Affairs Minister Dr S. Jaishankar during his visit to Singapore. We had a good discussion on regional and global developments. We reaffirmed the strength of the bilateral relationship and looked forward to the next India-Singapore Ministerial Roundtable (ISMR), which we both participate in.
The ISMR has been a useful platform for ministers on both sides to interact, exchange views and expand collaboration in several emerging areas of mutual interest, ranging from the digital economy, skills development and food security.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Lim Sin Thai)
May be an image of 2 people, suit and text

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence envisions a fairer, more equal, and more inclusive Singapore. :thumbsup::rolleyes::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
Over the past decade, our Social Service Offices have expanded to cover all HDB towns and have been instrumental in providing crucial support to uplift our communities via Community Link (ComLink).
But our work continues. Lower-income families still face complex challenges. As part of our #ForwardSG exercise, we want to provide additional support and opportunities for ComLink families.
Our road ahead is clear - we envision a fairer, more equal, and more inclusive Singapore. Together, let's make this vision a reality!
1f308.png
1f4aa.png
#MakingADifference
#SSOTurns10 MSF Singapore
(
1f4f8.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wants to uplift families. :thumbsup:

Lawrence Wong is with Desmond Choo 朱倍庆 and
2 others
.​

2 h ·
Uplifting families continues to be a key priority for the government. We do this by working together with community partners on the ground.
One such organisation is PAP Community Foundation (PCF). Over the years, generations of Singaporeans have benefited from PCF’s preschool services — myself included! Am glad that PCF will continue to improve its service offerings, including plans to offer the teaching of mother tongue languages across all its centres.
Hope everyone enjoys the PCF Family Day outing at #BirdParadise!
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Chwee)
Mandai Wildlife Reserve
Koh Poh Koon - 许宝琨
Gan Siow Huang 颜晓芳
Desmond Choo 朱倍庆

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence observed the Nine Emperor Gods Festival (九皇大帝圣诞) Send-off ceremony near Pulau Punggol Timor. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
With about 1,500 devotees, we observed the Nine Emperor Gods Festival (九皇大帝圣诞) Send-off ceremony near Pulau Punggol Timor.
This is one of the major festivals celebrated by our Taoist community, as devotees seek blessings and good fortune from the Nine Emperor Gods. Devotees dress in white to symbolise purity, take part in a procession, and conclude the ceremony with a traditional send-off of the deities by the sea.
Ceremonies like these reflect Singapore’s rich cultural heritage and diversity — where everyone is encouraged to celebrate each community’s festivals while sharing a unique sense of belonging and identity.
Teo Chee Hean Fahmi Aliman
(
1f4f8.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence has launched the Forward Singapore report. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
What is our Singapore Dream?
Many thanks to the more than 200,000 Singaporeans who have contributed your views and aspirations for Singapore!
The 4G team and I have launched the Forward Singapore report. It will provide a roadmap to chart our new way forward.
The work of implementing these big national moves is just beginning, and the process of engaging and participating doesn't stop here
✨️

Check it out: https://www.forwardsingapore.gov.sg
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Lim Sin Thai)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was happy to join many old friends for the 10th anniversary of SLNG. :smile:

Lawrence Wong is with Tan See Leng.​

4 d ·
I was deeply involved in bringing in LNG and building our first LNG terminal during my time at Energy Market Authority. So I was happy to join many old friends for the 10th anniversary of SLNG. Today, almost half of our natural gas flows through the terminal, complementing the piped gas from our neighbours.
Our demand for natural gas will continue to grow, even as we seek to decarbonise the economy. We also need the ability to bring in more LNG from around the world in case of any disruptions to our gas supplies. We must therefore plan ahead for additional terminal capacity. That’s why SLNG will develop and build a second LNG terminal to meet these energy needs.
SLNG has come a long way over the last decade, and will have a lot on its plate over the next 10 years and beyond. Together with our partners, we will build a better and more secure energy future for Singapore!
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Liu Ying)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence congratulates an exceptional group of individuals. :notworthy::barefoot::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

12 h ·
Congratulations to an exceptional group of individuals on receiving the National Day Awards. You have made significant contributions to our progress and community development.
Among these distinguished awardees is our former President Halimah Yacob, who received the Order of Temasek (With High Distinction). In her role as Singapore's first female president, she has championed a fairer and more inclusive society, and worked to empower Singaporeans from all walks of life.
I join the nation in expressing our pride in the achievements of all our awardees. May you continue to do good work for Singapore!
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by [1] Fyrol, [2] Lim Sin Thai, [3-4] Liu Ying)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence felt good to be back on the ground. :notworthy::barefoot::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
After a busy week launching the Forward Singapore report, good to be back on the ground hearing your views on many issues, from bread and butter topics to your aspirations for the future of Singapore
1f44d.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence is saddened by the passing of Mrs Tan Yoon Yin, the founding lady of Singapore netball. :frown:

Lawrence Wong

2 h ·
Saddened by the passing of Mrs Tan Yoon Yin, the founding lady of Singapore netball.
I met Mrs Tan back in 2014 when I was in MCCY and we held a function to recognise our sports pioneers. We had a good chat and she shared how she overcame many obstacles and fought hard to set up the Singapore Women’s Netball Association in 1962 (now known as Netball Singapore).
Pioneers like Mrs Tan played a significant role in developing sports in Singapore. Because of her efforts, a whole generation of netballers and athletes today are able to pursue their sporting dreams and passion.
Thank you, Mrs Tan, for your lasting impact.
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
#NetballLegend #TanYoonYin #Inspiration

398502613_884039843081496_1503586744340705584_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence feels great to have a dialogue. :rolleyes::eek::biggrin:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
In a more uncertain and challenging world, it is all the more important for ASEAN to be integrated, strong and united.
A key part of this is building people-to-people ties, especially amongst our youth.
The ASEAN Youth Fellowship (AYF) has been a great platform for such exchanges. It has brought together youth leaders from the region to learn from each other, and forge closer friendships. Many of the AYF alumni have also been coming back to support!
Great being here for a dialogue with all of you on strengthening cooperation for the future of ASEAN.
National Youth Council Singapore Singapore International Foundation
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Liu Ying)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence seeks our support. :rolleyes::ninja::biggrin:

Lawrence Wong

3 h ·
We have just announced today the timeframe for leadership transition. I have been busy preparing to receive the baton from PM Lee Hsien Loong, and I am ready to take on the new responsibilities.
I’m well aware of the demands of my next job. I am all in, heart and soul, and will give nothing but my very best.
As leader, I will focus on finding common ground and the things that bind us as Singaporeans. I will ensure the benefits of our nation's progress are shared by all, not just a few; and that every Singaporean will always feel respected and valued, and have a place on this little red dot.
In this role, I will have the strong support of my colleagues in Cabinet, including the 4G and the senior members of the team, who will continue to serve.
Importantly I seek the support of each and every one of you - as we walk this journey, and write the next chapters of our Singapore Story together!
People's Action Party #4GLeadership

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wants to champion inclusion. :redface::x3::geek:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
✨
What a turnout at @PurpleParade 2023! We had over 3000 participants in the first parade at 2013. This year the parade has grown to over 13000 attendees!
It’s great to see such strong support for the Purple Parade movement. We’ve made a lot of progress over the decade. But there’s still much more we can and must do together - to ensure every citizen has a place; everyone is respected and valued; and everyone is an equal member of our Singapore Family. We will continue to work on these goals through the Enabling Masterplan, and the Forward Singapore roadmap.
Let’s all do our part to champion inclusion!
1f49c.png
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
#PurpleParade #SupportInclusion #CelebrateAbilities
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Betty Chua)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence dropped by Villa Verde estate. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

6 d ·
Dropped by Villa Verde estate over the weekend for its Halloween trick-or-treat experience
1f383.png

Nice to see many Our Limbang young residents out and about with their families, and neighbours who have opened their homes to welcome one another with games and candies.
We have more trick or treating in other estates tonight. But please don’t over-indulge and go easy on the sweets and chocolates!
1f642.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence comments on world affairs. :coffee:

Lawrence Wong

1 h ·
We believe that the Palestinian people have the right to a homeland, and that Israel has the right to live within secure borders.
A negotiated two-state solution is the only way for Palestinians and Israelis to live in peace and security.
#Singapore #Israel #Gaza