• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore appointed 2 idiots to lead the task force.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence thanks volunteers and committees. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

9 h ·
Some of our young residents love football, so our Marsiling-YewTee has organised a Jamboree football festival to let everyone train, share their skills and learn sportsmanship. A big thank you to our volunteers and committees for organising this.
1f4aa_1f3fb.png

Our Limbang

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence read these books in 2023. :geek::notworthy::laugh:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
Some of the non-fiction books I read in 2023. It’s an eclectic mix — there’s something on AI, space, leadership, and a few on geopolitics.
What are some of your favourite books this year?
May be a graphic of text

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence thanks awardees. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

11 h ·
As we approach the close of 2023, it is time for us to reflect and celebrate on our collective journey. In our Ministry of Finance (Singapore) family, 520 outstanding officers have been conferred with the National Awards (COVID-19) and National Day Awards 2023 — a testament to their remarkable contributions in the fight against the pandemic.
These awards recognise not just individual efforts but our shared success in the face of global challenges. To each awardee, heartfelt congratulations! Your dedication and resilience have not gone unnoticed, and this celebration is a collective nod to the spirit of our public officers. Thank you for your exceptional contributions, and here's to continued success in the journey ahead.
(
1f4f8.png
: MOF Photos by Affandy Razak)
Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA), Accountant-General's Department (Singapore), Singapore Customs, Tote Board,

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wishes Happy 10th anniversary to SBF Foundation! :unsure::confused::biggrin:

Lawrence Wong is with Singapore Business Federation and Chan Chun Sing.​

1 d ·
For Singapore to remain united, everyone plays a key role — not only the government, but also employers, workers, businesses, and organisations such as the Singapore Business Federation (SBF) Foundation.
Happy 10th anniversary, SBF Foundation! You have worked hard to advance the culture of corporate giving, and contributed to many causes in Singapore.
We look forward to working with all of you to write our next chapter of the Singapore Story, and to continue our journey of nation-building together.
(
1f4f8.png
: MOF Photos by Affandy Razak)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence feels magical to be in Orchard Road. :redface::x3::geek:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
Xmas spirit is in the air! After 40 years of light-up, it’s still a special and magical feeling to be at Orchard Road during the Christmas season!

401335762_898584238293723_1326835130665366784_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence is going to China. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

9 h ·
My second trip to China this year
1f1e8_1f1f3.png

Singapore and China have an excellent, wide-ranging relationship and we want to continue to grow these strong people-to-people linkages.
On this trip, I will be visiting Beijing and Tianjin where I will co-chair the 19th Joint Council for Bilateral Cooperation (JCBC). The JCBC is our apex-level platform that reviews the collaboration between
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
and
1f1e8_1f1f3.png
This will be my first time co-chairing the JCBC together with PRC Vice Premier Ding Xuexiang.
Together with my colleagues, we will also have bilateral meetings with Chinese leaders — looking forward to taking our partnership with China to greater heights.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence met many Singaporeans in Beijing. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
Landed in Beijing and started my evening with over 300 Singaporeans here.
Many of them are families, students studying here, and business representatives.
Thank you for joining me at the reception. May you continue to fly our Singapore flag high and proud!
Singapore Embassy in Beijing
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Chwee)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence thanks China. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

24 m ·
Thank you, China, for the warm hospitality
1f1e8_1f1f3.png

We have achieved good outcomes during this trip, particularly at the Joint Council for Bilateral Cooperation. We also set goals to explore new areas of collaboration, like low carbon energy, food security, and the digital economy.
All these are possible because of our close cooperation and strong people-to-people linkages.
With my 4G team, we will continue to strengthen our all-round, high quality, and future-oriented partnership!
(
1f4f8.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence felt great to be in Tianjin. :tongue:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
The Tianjin Eco-City - a collaboration between China and Singapore - celebrates its 15th birthday!
Great being back here with Vice Premier Ding Xuexiang, and to see how far the development has progressed.
We unveiled a special anniversary orchid, planted a spruce tree and officiated the groundbreaking ceremony of the Green Innovation Park to mark this special milestone. With support from both countries, I am confident the Park will flourish as a demonstration zone for low-carbon development and growth.
Also caught up with Tianjin Party Secretary Chen Min’er, an old friend of Singapore. We had fruitful discussions — apart from Tianjin Eco-city, Singapore has several new collaborations with Tianjin, including the establishment of a green and digital shipping corridor, the first we have with China.
Looking ahead, our countries will jointly seize new opportunities from green growth in the Eco-City and Tianjin.

407806965_629622982505766_672562818849254524_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence thanks Vice Premier Ding. :geek:

Lawrence Wong

3 d ·
The Joint Council for Bilateral Cooperation (JCBC) oversees and provides strategic direction for our bilateral collaboration
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
1f1e8_1f1f3.png

At the 19th JCBC meeting this morning, we welcomed 24 deliverables, including on trade, renewable energy, environment, connectivity, finance, digital economy, people-to-people exchanges, and more.
These deliverables open new opportunities, support our businesses and create more jobs for our people. They also reflect how our countries have kept up the strong momentum in cooperation and exchanges at all levels since our bilateral relations were upgraded earlier this year.
I thank Vice Premier Ding for a meaningful and substantive meeting. There is a lot more that our two countries can do together, and the future of Singapore-China cooperation is bright.
(
1f4f8.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence had fruitful discussions. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

4 d ·
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
1f1e8_1f1f3.png
Singapore and China are close partners with multi-faceted and close ties. And we hope to do more, following the upgrade of bilateral relations to an “All-Round High-Quality Future-Oriented Partnership” this year.
I had fruitful discussions with Premier Li Qiang and Vice Premier He Lifeng on how we can prepare for future opportunities and challenges, and further strengthen our economic ties through financial connectivity and more. We also agreed to foster closer people-to-people bonds and more business linkages.
We look forward to working with China on emerging areas such as the digital economy and renewable energy.
I'm on my way to Tianjin and am looking forward to tomorrow’s 19th Joint Council for Bilateral Cooperation (JCBC), with Vice Premier Ding Xuexiang.
(
1f4f8.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence thanks his colleagues. :tongue:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
Great to be back in
1f1f8_1f1ec.png

Many thanks to my colleagues and the team who have worked hard to plan for visit.
(
1f4f8.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence is visiting Brunei. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
Singapore
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
and Brunei
1f1e7_1f1f3.png
share a longstanding, multifaceted, and special relationship. My team and I are fully committed to strengthening this partnership. That’s why we are visiting Brunei this week, and I look forward to co-chairing the 9th Young Leaders’ Programme (YLP) with His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah!

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence advises you to stay vigilant and discerning online. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
Some have alerted me to recent scam posts and messages. There are deepfakes of me endorsing commercial products, and also misinformation circulating on various networks that the government is looking to reinstate a circuit breaker.
These are all falsehoods. Let's stay vigilant and discerning online!

410287618_903735807778566_769635807712033123_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence called on His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah and His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah. :thumbsup:

Lawrence Wong

4 d ·
The special relationship between Singapore and Brunei endures and continues to flourish!
Honoured to call on His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah today, where we reaffirmed our shared commitment to strengthen our mutually beneficial
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
1f1e7_1f1f3.png
partnership.
Also called on His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah and we had a good discussion over lunch. I look forward to welcoming HRH to Singapore next year for the 10th Young Leaders’ Programme.
From defence to trade, food security to green economy, there is much that we can do together to take our relations forward; especially as we commemorate the 40th anniversary of diplomatic relations next year!
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Liu Ying)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence had the chance to engage with Bruneian ministers and senior officials. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

4 d ·
Had the chance to engage with Bruneian ministers and senior officials, sharing views on the special relationship between Brunei and Singapore, and how as the two smallest countries of ASEAN, we must continue to band together in a more dangerous world.
I also joined HRH Crown Prince Billah for the commissioning ceremony of the Patrol Vessel (KDB AL-FARUQ). This is the second Patrol Vessel transfer between our countries and reflects our strong defence cooperation and the high levels of trust between our militaries.
Thanks to the strong foundation laid by earlier generations of leaders on both sides, the
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
-
1f1e7_1f1f3.png
relationship has grown into an enduring partnership for all seasons, and for all time!

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence had a fruitful trip to Brunei. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

5 d ·
The best days of the Singapore-Brunei relationship are ahead of us! Sincere thanks to HRH the Crown Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah and all our Bruneian friends for being such excellent hosts to me and my delegation over the last four days.
It has been a fruitful trip to Brunei for the 9th Young Leaders’ Programme (YLP) – renewing ties with old friends, making new ones, and reaffirming our strong and shared commitment to take our partnership to the next bound in the years ahead.
Together, we can write the next chapter of our truly special relationship, as we mark the 40th anniversary of our diplomatic ties in 2024.