• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - 3 Ministers' Parliament Chat Caught on MiC - A: "Seriously, how did he get into RI?" B: "Must have been a lousy school." C: "I'm from Mo

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How was TSL supposed to feel ? He came from Monk's Hill Secondary. He wasn't even qualified to comment on LMW.
This talk big minister was a bundle of nerves, stuttering even when talking to own gang Speaker.
His companies were employing lots and lots of foreigners.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The standard of our parliamentarians & ministers.....really does not justify the $m salaries.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is the kind of elitist mindset that prevents progress in humanity. Anyone who disagrees with you, or challenge the main stream thinking - illiterate. Of course I’m not talking about anti-vaxxers cos those are real morons.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. RI is not a good school overall.

It accepts students who have to have good scores in PSLE. Selects the best performing students at age 12+

Added value? Not much.

breed elitism in the students minds? Indeed.

Go talk to old RI boys. The ones who are not the very top. The majority middle of the rung. And also talk to those in the arts class or so called "lousiest class"

You will hear different things.

RI is not a good place for most of the students. Your self esteem is trampled on. You will be told you are not good enough. And that only the top of the top are worth anything.

I hated RI. RJC was not much different. Maybe slightly better because there are students from other schools who were taught different. So a bit more moderate.
Doc, you need to keep yourself abreast with developments here. The bulk of the crema de la crema, primary school students from the Gifted Educational Program (GEP) will end up in 'elite' schools-RI, Hwa Chong, National JC, etc. These students are identified each year and vigorously tested at the tender age of 9 or 10. Their minds are so 'stretched' that it makes PSLE look like a stroll in the park. These boys and girls are given conditional acceptance to the school of their choice long b4 their PSLE exams.
Suffice to say they are not the 'middle of the rung' type as you claimed. Bear in mind, no system is perfect and there will always be exceptions-underperformers (that is not to say they're slow learners) and late bloomers. Yes , elitism is alive.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
How was TSL supposed to feel ? He came from Monk's Hill Secondary. He wasn't even qualified to comment on LMW.
You peasants take things too literally lah! Tan is a successful minister while loser Leong is not even allowed in the chambers! His Monk Hill comment is telling vivi that yea RI is no big deal see my lousy school also better. Teehee! :barefoot:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Doc, you need to keep yourself abreast with developments here. The bulk of the crema de la crema, primary school students from the Gifted Educational Program (GEP) will end up in 'elite' schools-RI, Hwa Chong, National JC, etc. These students are identified each year and vigorously tested at the tender age of 9 or 10. Their minds are so 'stretched' that it makes PSLE look like a stroll in the park. These boys and girls are given conditional acceptance to the school of their choice long b4 their PSLE exams.
Suffice to say they are not the 'middle of the rung' type as you claimed. Bear in mind, no system is perfect and there will always be exceptions-underperformers (that is not to say they're slow learners) and late bloomers. Yes , elitism is alive.
I guess I wasnt too clear.

He school like RI got how many students? 10? Hundreds right?

Trust me got "middle class" lah. Even in RI.

Same like Olympics. Already can qualify for Olympic Games is very good liao. But what do you call those just come in last in their heats never qualify for semi and final? Schooling right?

Pardon the pun

But i hope you get what I was referring to.

As a school I expect more of students who go into the school not already as the top but coming out on top. Added value. Thats what programs should do.

Whats the point you take in X and they come out same level only? Waste time lah.

The middle class is there to provide these guys cheerleaders only.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vivian is sour grapes. Everyone knows RI is the top school in Singapore. Everyone knows the rivalry between ACS and RI. I am surprised why Leong didn’t file motion to censor Vivian in parliament for misconduct or sue for defamation. At least it shows the magnanimity of RI. ACS and RI remains a dream too far for me. Haha.
By the way going by tribal laws Vivian should demonstrate remorse by sacrificing his dotter.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all these useless now with ceca. just get a “degree” with uptron instead of national upskirt, change name to sanskrit, and the high ses world opens up. may even get an entry level job in sillycon valley with a startup, get stock options upon signing, and if one is super lucky, startup goes ipo, and stock options are vested with many millions in the bank after tax. that’s exactly what happened to a few thousand ah nehs the last 6.9 months. one of them just bidded on a $3.69m home with over 6.9k sqf lot in sunnyvale and got it. another already moved in to los altos in his $6.9m home. was chatting with a neh couple at satura cafe in downtown los altos last weekend, and this subject came up. from low ses and illiterate beginnings in gujarat to high ses and honorary degrees (by generous donations) from elite unis in the most sexpensive cum elitist town of sillycon valley.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you are just talking nothing.
Late bloomers , middle performers. or under performer and some Elite.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

‘He’s illiterate’: Hot mic picks up parliament trash-talking, internet pretty sure who did it (Video)​

By Coconuts Singapore Sep 15, 2021 | 11:29am Singapore time
Leong Mun Wai at yesterday’s parliamentary session. Photo: MCI/YouTube
Leong Mun Wai at yesterday’s parliamentary session. Photo: MCI/YouTube

A parliamentary session took a scandalous turn when a microphone picked up a politico savagely mocking another.

Toward the end of a 12-hour debate yesterday, a whisper could be heard insulting non-constituency member of parliament Leong Mun Wai, 62, during discussion of Singapore’s foreign workforce policies.

“He’s illiterate,” the voice said. “Seriously, how did he get into [Raffles Institution]? Must have been a lousy school.” Leong’s LinkedIn profile states that he studied at the elite school in the 1970s.

It was unclear who said it but users were quick to point out that the voice belonged to Minister of Foreign Affairs Vivian Balakrishnan, who was seated just in front of the mics at the stands, with other politicians such as Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Finance Minister Lawrence Wong and Senior Minister Teo Chee Hean.

Leong, who is from the Progress Singapore Party, was requesting data on foreign nationals from countries Singapore has free trade agreements with. Questioning the country’s foreign policies has been a focus for Leong since he became an NCMP last July.

Netizens said they received “secondhand embarrassment” from his “unprepared” conduct yesterday as he stuttered and attempted to pass off a question to fellow NCMP Hazel Poa after staring at his phone, seemingly unable to respond.
You call that world class parliamentary debate ? you can tolerate this?