• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Signs that you are getting OLD (SAF version)

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I really can't understand why recruits have to be ferried on aircon buses to range / exercise.. and aircon in OCS bunks ...

Maybe the NSFs are dropping dead because no aircon

Fuck me DEAD. U mean there is aircon in OCS bunks now? WTF, are they bussing in pros from Geylang yet? when the officers get softer and softer, the men are not far behind. God help us if we have to go to war.

PJ Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frayed SBO that after u run SOC, the water bottle can end up at your chest.

Metal helmet u can boil water with.

Different shades of colour no. 4 shirt and pants.

Some soldiers still wearing Temasek green.

Black china made PT shoes.

U write rather than sew your name on the name tags.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
ice cream for desert and WTF nowadays it is a reality.
Motherfucker!!! I can't believe it. They have ice cream now for dessert?Unbelievable, what kind of crap soldiers are we producing. What next? Coca Cola soft drinks at lunch? No wonder our enemies are laughing at us.

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only ice cream. Jelly also have.
In my reservist, I have eaten hor fun, satay, spaghetti among other things.
One NSF assigned to babysit us still complained the food is lousy. If only he knew what genuine army food taste like

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
please add:

you oggled at the cafetaria ah soh with lust because she's the only woman in the camp.

you carried a made-in-china plastic mug for brushing the teeth, drinking tap water, cooking instant noodles, drinking some lame diluted beverage from the chow line, and slurping up night snack.

you wore no. 4 uniform that was meant for colder climate and had a rubbery inner lining which caused heatstroke during a 10k run.

you wore a ww2 american helmet.

skeleton battle order (sbo) was called "the bra".

the fucking shorts were all blue and made in china.

stand by bed had safety pins all under the bedsheet.

and there's more of course.

The fucking khaki canvas full pack that has metal braces with no padding.

The old khaki bra that was much heavier and difficult to dry when wet.

Nobody remember the fucking leather boots which weight a ton and the burning of the toe cap area to make it shining.

Kiwing black the canvas belt for No 3.

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really can't understand why recruits have to be ferried on aircon buses to range / exercise.. and aircon in OCS bunks ...

Maybe the NSFs are dropping dead because no aircon

When they go to battle field, they would probably petition to have the entire battle field air-conditioned..

tinyplanet

Alfrescian
Loyal
  • IPPT monetary award in the past is only $20 ... now is $400
  • when you go for zeroing, you need to carry a canadian bull (or kan-ni-nao-bu which the instructor always says) ... now, all zeroing are done with an electronic oscilloscope just placed beside where you prone
  • no more butt parties at range ... now all electronic targets
  • AI tropper dismount and run behind the M113 when reaching enemy objective ... now all dismount at the very last moment and just charge up ...
  • we wear lousy and fcuk-type boots in the past ... now all use gotex boots, light and comfortable
  • we make use of heated metal spoon to coat kiwi and polish the boots ... now where got solider polished boots, "shoe-shine" is available for instant shine!!

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck me DEAD. U mean there is aircon in OCS bunks now? WTF, are they bussing in pros from Geylang yet? when the officers get softer and softer, the men are not far behind. God help us if we have to go to war.

Well, I'm one of the men, and I don't have an air-conditioned bunk. If the OCS has- and I'm not sure if they have or not- then its up to people to judge. My days are over and done with. I'm not going back to the past.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Not only ice cream. Jelly also have.
In my reservist, I have eaten hor fun, satay, spaghetti among other things.
One NSF assigned to babysit us still complained the food is lousy. If only he knew what genuine army food taste like

Sounds like a feast. And our enemy are eating what? half a bowl of rice, soy sauce, and a few pieces of Veggies?

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
only applicable to camp that had muslim soldiers. ie, Infantry and Guards. During my BMT at Tekong also not allow, DI tell stories of kenna process by Hantu because eat pork bun in bunk. But after POP, kenna posted to armour, there can immediately know that racial harmony are bullshit as there no muslim there. There the trainers will indoctrine everyone that cannot trust muslim, a strictly chinese only unit, even the indians are for HQ company only, none in combat team. Even the cookhouse didnt not cater to muslim, always remember that "enemy battlion" NCOs came for briefing for Atec, some of them are malays, which mean no food for them as they refuse vegetarian food so lan lan had to use landrover to send them back to their unit for lunch then come back in the afternoon for additional briefing.Oh yeah, in Sungei Gedong, nobody give a hoot about eating pork inside bunk.

I am surprised that Camp Sungei Gedong is still operating. I did my reservist there in the late 80's and begging of 1990's before I emigrated to Canada.

Last Aug 2008 I was in Singapore with my 12 year old son. I should have taken him to this camp to have a look form outside. This would tell him how lucky he is to be bron in Canada...no fucking N.S.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
  • no more butt parties at range ... now all electronic targets

hahaha remember those days where PC used to hint to butt parties to help those "bobo kings" by doing one or two "mishits" as "hits"....so as to push up the platoon and company overall ranking in marksmanship....

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct me if I am wrong but the difference btwn AR15 and M16 is the anti jamming device...

Plus the fact the AR-15 is an original Colt rifle made from the US of A. The parts were finished much better than the M16S1 which were crap to begin with.

Don't know if anyone notice the barrel surface exterior of our M16 S1. You can file your nails on the surface literally. The turning of the barrel machiam like a Secondary 2 student learning lathe work, my time out of 10 rifles, 8 or so has that poor finishing.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am surprised that Camp Sungei Gedong is still operating. I did my reservist there in the late 80's and begging of 1990's before I emigrated to Canada.

Last Aug 2008 I was in Singapore with my 12 year old son. I should have taken him to this camp to have a look form outside. This would tell him how lucky he is to be bron in Canada...no fucking N.S.

that's great that u did that. U should take him to a HDB flat and see how small it is, and also to a Hawker centre during lunch and see how people fight for seats.

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal

You know you are getting old, if during your NS days:

• You were trained to use M16 and have no idea what SAR21 is.

[*]You used a metal tray for meals, and you had to wash them after use.

[*]You were "served" by army regulars (who will show you a fcuk face and scold you for not holding your tray properly) during mealtimes in cookhouse.

[*]Your sergeant was simply know as "Sergeant", and has only 3-stripes.

[*]You did not hear of any NSman "dying suddenly".

[*]You were known as the "second-generation thinking soldiers".

[*]You had to do "area cleaning" every morning.

[*]You were ferried from one place to another in 3-tonners, not air-con buses.

[*]You had to Q to use the public phone whenever you have to make a call.

[*]Your combat rations consisted of "dog biscuits" + canned sardines + canned pork cubes.

[*]You wear dog-tags because you were told to do so and had no choice; not because it was "fashionable".

[*]You were issued those cheapo china-made black PT shoes (and yet you were able to pass IPPT using them).

:biggrin:

Those were the days!!!

sgczar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You were trained to use M16 and have no idea what SAR21 is.

U are obviuosly not old enough if you are talking about M16. Old timers talk about AR-15

Old timers like me talk about the famous Mark IV rifle which packs a punch to your shoulder when you shoot not to mention about twice the weight of the AR15 and the shorter and smaller but no less lighter version the Mark V.

Oh yeah, Formation Signs, Formation Collar Pins, SINGAPURA pins on the Epaulets when wearing No. 3 (Parade Uniform) and No. 4 (Field Uniform) means taking out all the glittery SINGAPURA and Formation collar pins and the Formation Signs from your No. 3 and sleeping in Nissan Huts in Tekong Camp 2 and ROC. Not to mention WO1 and WO2 wrist Ranks.

Chicken Drumsticks the size of a small Ostrich leg which bounces off the floor when you drop it, Fried Ikan Selar which has the innards still intact and WORMS still crawling in them!

Fantastic Memories.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U are not old enough, for sure. For lauchiuo, there is no such thing as ATEC. All gunnery instructors in SOA were Indians, because they can't drive for shit. Many instructors, frontline officers, up to MAjor rank were Indians. There was a good sense of cameraderie and belonging between chinese and Indians. In ROC, Indians and Chinese officers and NCOs, and men always chiong together because the indians needed translators, and we were too happy to oblige. I have attended togo sessions in 46 SAR officers mess where all races except Malays were present. Including Major Sheares, CO of SOA, a Eurasian, Cpt Sorby (Indian) and of course Maj. Lee Hsien Yang (Chinese). Indian cookhouse has the best food, because they cook it in smaller batches. Armour is a very close knit unit. We have really relied on each other regardless of race and religion. I am disgusted to see that some one has fucked it up by your time.

Yeah u were glad to let the kelings fuck chinese gals while being treated like crap if the opposite were to occur.