• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SIA Girl Knelt To Apologise

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Two years ago, I wrote abt an incident when an SQ gal knelt to my friend to apologise for poor discriminatory service onboard an SQ flight.

Today Jimmy Beng wrote abt SIA's bad service. Looks like SIA has not changed or is it a case of "can bully Ah Beng"?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tale of two services: Singapore Airlines and PUB

I FLEW on Singapore Airlines (SIA) with my extended family, including two young grandchildren, to Perth in January, paying premium airfares as it was the festive season. On the forward journey, we were placed in the rear seats although our grandchildren were aged one and four. I accepted this as the flight was full. On our return leg, we were again placed in a difficult seating position in the rear.

After we settled in, I realised the flight was not full and that the bulkhead seats in the front compartment, usually given to passengers travelling with infants and young children, were empty but had been subsequently taken by an elderly passenger who was allowed to relocate from his assigned seat. I asked the chief stewardess for an explanation, telling her we had tried to get such seats but failed because they were indicated as occupied.

She could not explain and promised that management would reply to me. I gave her my business card and e-mail address, but have not heard from SIA since. My points are these: First, I paid probably the highest fares because of the peak travel season. Second, with a toddler and young child in tow, our seats were most difficult for us as a group. Third, SIA all but ignored my complaint without even the courtesy of an acknowledgement.

In contrast, let me record a service experience with the Public Utilities Board (PUB) three months ago, when an officer called to tell me the board suspected a leak as my water consumption was exceptionally high.

A PUB-recommended contractor repaired the leak, billed me $800 and said I could appeal to the PUB to reduce my water charges during the leak period. I received a polite reply this month granting me a 75 per cent waiver.

My points are as follows: My water consumption was monitored professionally so I could be alerted to an unexplained sudden rise. Second, PUB helped solve the problem by providing me with a reliable contractor. Third, the goodwill concession was commendable.

All that leaves me to say is thank you to PUB, but not to SIA.

Dr Jimmy Beng

Z

Zombie

Pay $800 to repair a leak?
Golden tap or Carrot head?

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum/Story/STIStory_391859.html

I FLEW on Singapore Airlines (SIA) with my extended family, including two young grandchildren, to Perth in January, paying premium airfares as it was the festive season. On the forward journey, we were placed in the rear seats although our grandchildren were aged one and four. I accepted this as the flight was full. On our return leg, we were again placed in a difficult seating position in the rear.

After we settled in, I realised the flight was not full and that the bulkhead seats in the front compartment, usually given to passengers travelling with infants and young children, were empty but had been subsequently taken by an elderly passenger who was allowed to relocate from his assigned seat. I asked the chief stewardess for an explanation, telling her we had tried to get such seats but failed because they were indicated as occupied.

She could not explain and promised that management would reply to me. I gave her my business card and e-mail address, but have not heard from SIA since. My points are these: First, I paid probably the highest fares because of the peak travel season. Second, with a toddler and young child in tow, our seats were most difficult for us as a group. Third, SIA all but ignored my complaint without even the courtesy of an acknowledgement.

In contrast, let me record a service experience with the Public Utilities Board (PUB) three months ago, when an officer called to tell me the board suspected a leak as my water consumption was exceptionally high.

A PUB-recommended contractor repaired the leak, billed me $800 and said I could appeal to the PUB to reduce my water charges during the leak period. I received a polite reply this month granting me a 75 per cent waiver.

My points are as follows: My water consumption was monitored professionally so I could be alerted to an unexplained sudden rise. Second, PUB helped solve the problem by providing me with a reliable contractor. Third, the goodwill concession was commendable.

Dr Jimmy Beng

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find Jimmy's experience hard to believe. From experience, I'm sure SIA treats people better than PUB does.

Dr Jimmy Beng

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I asked the chief stewardess for an explanation, ... She could not explain and promised that management would reply to me ...

In contrast, ...A PUB-recommended contractor repaired the leak ...
local spg cmi ...
icon13.gif

ft ah neh gd ...
icon14.gif

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two years ago, I wrote abt an incident when an SQ gal knelt to my friend to apologise for poor discriminatory service onboard an SQ flight.

All flight stewards and stewardess are taught to either kneel or squat when talking to a seated customer this is in their training doctrine.

The stewards usually kneel on one knee and the stewardess on both knees.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
All flight stewards and stewardess are taught to either kneel or squat when talking to a seated customer this is in their training doctrine.

The stewards usually kneel on one knee and the stewardess on both knees.

You're rite... plus the frequent touching your arm to make you feel shiok, so don't complain further :biggrin:

The more adventurous ones bend down a bit so you can see half moons.. heheh

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Tale of two services: Singapore Airlines and PUB
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I FLEW on Singapore Airlines (SIA) with my extended family, including two young grandchildren, to Perth in January, paying premium airfares as it was the festive season. On the forward journey, we were placed in the rear seats although our grandchildren were aged one and four. I accepted this as the flight was full. On our return leg, we were again placed in a difficult seating position in the rear.
All that leaves me to say is thank you to PUB, but not to SIA. Dr Jimmy Beng

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just found out that you can't change flight in SIA China office if you book your flights in S'pore. Is that true?

My friend was furious after spending almost half an hour over an IDD call to SIA S'pore office to change his family flight back from Beijing as that moron doesn't know how to perform this simple task.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just found out that you can't change flight in SIA China office if you book your flights in S'pore. Is that true?

My friend was furious after spending almost half an hour over an IDD call to SIA S'pore office to change his family flight back from Beijing as that moron doesn't know how to perform this simple task.

You must be crazy trying to do it from China. Always get your [Singapore] travel agent to do it for you.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kneeling down to apologise is something to be taken very seriously but then it's part of their overall training to lower their body profile (as in humble submission) when attending to passengers' complaints or queries. This is part of the psychology of making you feel good and self-important.:biggrin::biggrin:
Therefore, when a stewardess kneels down to apologise and say, a stranger who has done u wrong kneels down to apologise, they are 2 different things. :wink:

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're rite... plus the frequent touching your arm to make you feel shiok, so don't complain further :biggrin:

The more adventurous ones bend down a bit so you can see half moons.. heheh

Very hard to see half moons because all SIA girls must fit small dress size, so most have very small breasts. Although not airport run ways or washing boards, they are mostly little better then road humps.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very hard to see half moons because all SIA girls must fit small dress size, so most have very small breasts. Although not airport run ways or washing boards, they are mostly little better then road humps.

Talking abt half moons. I remember last year i took a sia flight to HKG. The stewardess serving our side is a indian. Quite chio. I remember she has to bend down to serve the foods and i can almost see full moon! Wat a sight!!
!&!!

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking abt half moons. I remember last year i took a sia flight to HKG. The stewardess serving our side is a indian. Quite chio. I remember she has to bend down to serve the foods and i can almost see full moon! Wat a sight!!
!&!!

You must be damn lucky, did she teabag your drink with her bosom?:biggrin:

Anyway, this is the normal standard for SIA girls, and the ones I've seen on flights I've take confirm their average size are so.
070123_singaporegirl_vmed_730a.widec.jpg

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most airlines train staff to squat or kneel down in a difficult situation for privacy reasons and so passengers nearby don't evesdrop. Thats common sense. I am sure when you apologise, you don't want the whole world to hear.

If the aisle was not narrow and the airline has the luxury of building a small office/room in the plane, they will invite the passenger to that room to apologise and you can bet your last dollar that no kneeling will take place. In this modern world, you can't expect slave like behaviour from anyone no matter what wrong they have done.

Tracy always had a powerful imagination.

In the service / corporate / business / commercial world no one kneels down to apologise. You only see this in family situation and in the movies. Eever heard a hotel waitress kneeling and apologising for spilling hot soup on you.

However did enjoy your psychology spiel - quite original.

Kneeling down to apologise is something to be taken very seriously but then it's part of their overall training to lower their body profile (as in humble submission) when attending to passengers' complaints or queries. This is part of the psychology of making you feel good and self-important.:biggrin::biggrin:
Therefore, when a stewardess kneels down to apologise and say, a stranger who has done u wrong kneels down to apologise, they are 2 different things. :wink: