• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SIA A380 Makes Emergency Landing

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a frequent SQ traveller to London, I am giving serious consideration to Emirates or Qatar for this route when I fly economy (i.e. I pay myself). The price difference is now worth the sacrifice of a brief lay over in Dubai or Doha. SQ is really feeling the heat from these Middle Eastern carriers to the extent that even revenue generating Premium passengers will move across.

For the time being, for Business Class, when my company pays, I will probably continue with SQ.

Emirates and Qatar have no fight. Dubai is a mad hub. Doha is a dirty hub. No other airlines can challenge SIA for the best airline to fly.Just because of a small hiccup, many want to change their minds. SIA is still the best in terms of services, schedule and maintenance and safety.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
U too? I thought I was the only one. If u are a singaporean flying SQ, u will get treated like shit. Unless, u are a s'porean flying first class or business class, they don't care about u. I ever experienced placing a drink order with a Flight attendent at the same time as an angmo 2 seats away. he ordered an alcoholic drink, while i order a soda, and he got his order 20 mins before me. Fucking bitches, I swear they are trained by SQ to discriminate against sinkies.

ON the other hand, Japan airlines treat asian males like royalty, even in economy.

SIA seems to split up their flights into lucrative route flights and non-lucrative route flights. The former seem to get good service. Generally, i avoid flying SIA because of bad service they dish out to Singaporeans. But once, flying SIA from LAX to SIN, i was totally astonished by their excellent service. But mind you, that was just ONCE. The other 300 SIA flights i was on, the service just sucked. Now, i simply avoid flying SIA.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIA seems to split up their flights into lucrative route flights and non-lucrative route flights. The former seem to get good service. Generally, i avoid flying SIA because of bad service they dish out to Singaporeans. But once, flying SIA from LAX to SIN, i was totally astonished by their excellent service. But mind you, that was just ONCE. The other 300 SIA flights i was on, the service just sucked. Now, i simply avoid flying SIA.
U guys just don't know how to make out with the Singapore Girl!!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Most SIA pilots are former RSAF pilots who prefer fast jets so they often cant control A380s

WHat kind of stupid comment is this? There was an era of ex RSAF pilots flying in SIA. But that is long over now for A380s. The pilots on A380 are the best and the most senior pilots. If you look in the cockpit, they have grey hair on their heads. They don't hire hot dog ex fighter pilots still yearning to throw 6gs around. If you are an ex RSAF pilot, and u still prefer to fly fighters, they will tell u to stay in the RSAF. Most of the SQ 'heavies" pilots, eg B747, B777, A380 are recruited from overseas. The most senior SIngapore born ex RSAF pilot I know flying heavies in SQ is an ex A-4 Skyhawk pilot. He is the chief instructor for B777 in SQ, and is over 50 years old. I can tell you he is not preferring or yearning to fly fast jets.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Plane is fully loaded with fuel,its not as easy doing a 'U-Turn' as in a car.

Also, the initial warning could be due to a faulty sensor.

If faults were found prior to takeoff, I'm sure the Captain would not have taken over the aircraft.

That's not a problem. They will dump fuel first when then they are close to the destination airfield.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WHat kind of stupid comment is this? There was an era of ex RSAF pilots flying in SIA. But that is long over now for A380s. The pilots on A380 are the best and the most senior pilots. If you look in the cockpit, they have grey hair on their heads. They don't hire hot dog ex fighter pilots still yearning to throw 6gs around. If you are an ex RSAF pilot, and u still prefer to fly fighters, they will tell u to stay in the RSAF. Most of the SQ 'heavies" pilots, eg B747, B777, A380 are recruited from overseas. The most senior SIngapore born ex RSAF pilot I know flying heavies in SQ is an ex A-4 Skyhawk pilot. He is the chief instructor for B777 in SQ, and is over 50 years old. I can tell you he is not preferring or yearning to fly fast jets.

i know someone who was once a freedom fighter pilot with rsaf. he now a airbus 380 driver with ass-q. always entertain us with his flying stories. he also said that the a380 land by itself and the pilots are there just to take over in the event the computer rosak. he claimed only 1 out of 7-8 landings is by pilot instead of a computer chip.:eek: