• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Seventh Generation Lexus ES 2019

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very good.. other than it being front wheel drive. The GS and IS are sportier and more powerful.... The ES shld be very comfy, but not as engaging..

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Very good.. other than it being front wheel drive. The GS and IS are sportier and more powerful.... The ES shld be very comfy, but not as engaging..

Have to agree with you. Heard that Lexus had gotten rid of GS in Europe replacing it with the new ES. Problem is FWD and RWD is completely different to animal. Hope they don't do like wise in Asia but looks like it from what I heard. GS is a legend which should remain as a real sports sedan.

The ES will be launch in The Embassy in Bangkok on 16th August, hope I am in Bangkok on that day.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one can say it's just a "more expensive camry" anymore... the current-gen ES already is very very comfy.. the new gen ups the class factor quite abit..

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
No one can say it's just a "more expensive camry" anymore... the current-gen ES already is very very comfy.. the new gen ups the class factor quite abit..

From day 1 when I started to drive the Lexus 15 years ago I never think it is a Toyota its simply different. Recently tempted to go with the Germans have to think so hard.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From day 1 when I started to drive the Lexus 15 years ago I never think it is a Toyota its simply different. Recently tempted to go with the Germans have to think so hard.
the toyota camry division is no slouch either. they have up the ante and selling the camry to some cuntries and dealerships as though it's a luxury version akin to the lexus es sedan but retaining the toyota badge. eventually, the so called "quality" difference between the two will be non-existent (it's minimal now), and only the dealership ambience, reception (high ses for lexus vs. mid ses for toyota), customer experience, service, and maintenance side of the equation will remain different. you are paying a higher premium for both the badge and dealership, but the quality of both products are essentially the same.

2017/2018 camry
2019-Toyota-Camry-Colors.jpg

2018/2019 camry
4460-toyota-camry-se-2018.jpg

2019/2020 camry
8eb6b52c013c93fd2ceab7ddc6c21b39.jpg

2019/2020 camry coupe or 2-door
2019%2BToyota%2BCamry%2B4.jpg

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The krauts make fine cars the only problem is that they keep having to be fixed every few months. I hate trips to the workshop and a day or so without my car so I stick to Toyota.

I make ONE trip per year for servicing and get everything done in one go and it's good for another 12 months.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
These are the sorts of problems I hate the most when it comes to Continental cars. It's the niggling issues that nobody knows how to solve and very often the dealership will deny there is an issue in the first place.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/ne...-then-startup-again-every-80-minutes-2953839/

My car is a 3 month old A3 1.5TFSI 5 door Sportback Sport.

I've just done a 5 hour journey from Hampshire to Lancashire. At 1 hour 20 minutes into the journey the MMI shutdown and after 20 seconds or so started up again. This also happened at 2 hours 40 minutes and 4 hours.

I asked the dealer why this is happening and they THINK [ ie they don't know] it might be something to do with the "Rest recommendation" function but there is nothing in owners manual Rest recommendation section stating that the MMI will shutdown and restart.

Anyone any ideas?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
These are the sorts of problems I hate the most when it comes to Continental cars

Not a car enthusiast, but I agree with you absolutely. Hate it when you bring it to service centre and no one knows why or what's wrong. Wasting time, waste money and a couple of months later, same problem.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These are the sorts of problems I hate the most when it comes to Continental cars. It's the niggling issues that nobody knows how to solve and very often the dealership will deny there is an issue in the first place.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/ne...-then-startup-again-every-80-minutes-2953839/

My car is a 3 month old A3 1.5TFSI 5 door Sportback Sport.

I've just done a 5 hour journey from Hampshire to Lancashire. At 1 hour 20 minutes into the journey the MMI shutdown and after 20 seconds or so started up again. This also happened at 2 hours 40 minutes and 4 hours.

I asked the dealer why this is happening and they THINK [ ie they don't know] it might be something to do with the "Rest recommendation" function but there is nothing in owners manual Rest recommendation section stating that the MMI will shutdown and restart.

Anyone any ideas?
looks like you're not the only one having the same issue. it's a recurring issue for many audi drivers going way back to 2006 on nearly all models with mmi, including a7 and a8. so far, there are a lot of customer complaints but no specific answer from audi, and my hunch is an electrical issue with current or amperage or the lack of it being the culprit, accompanied with firmware issues and software failure. i guess it's not considered a safety issue (yet) thus audi is not doing a redesign and recall, as a temporary remedy in the form of a "hard" reset is available while car is running. for newer models with a menu button, just simultaneously press menu, center knob, and right corner button. for older models there's the setup and tel button at the left bottom corner. it's like pressing ctrl-alt-delete on windoze. the screen will go into reset mode, may retract for some older models and come back on after 69 seconds. after that while you're still driving it should work ok until the next pit stop with engine off and restart of your car. it may help if you turn off mmi during restart of engine. then turn it on after engine is running. my conjecture is that during starting of engine, mmi in "on" mode while starting engine may have some glitches when amperage is low (or requires higher current draw) as too many bells and whistles are daisy-chained to this one electronic device. a failiure of one of its many features will cause a shutdown of the whole thing. just a conjecture. audi needs to find the root cause and fix it. it's no longer a random issue. it's a repeatable issue with multiple cause and effects. on my porsche communication management module (pcm), the firmware is different from audi's, and it's running smoothly so far (no reset required with engine running).

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
the toyota camry division is no slouch either. they have up the ante and selling the camry to some cuntries and dealerships as though it's a luxury version akin to the lexus es sedan but retaining the toyota badge. eventually, the so called "quality" difference between the two will be non-existent (it's minimal now), and only the dealership ambience, reception (high ses for lexus vs. mid ses for toyota), customer experience, service, and maintenance side of the equation will remain different. you are paying a higher premium for both the badge and dealership, but the quality of both products are essentially the same.

2017/2018 camry

2018/2019 camry

2019/2020 camry

You mean this lol

IMG_20180719_090731.jpg

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Well said. Front wheel drive for luxury cars are like using kumho tyres on a BMW. Or putting low octane fuel in a high performance car.

I'm not being anti front wheel drive just for the sake of it but try as they may no car company has been able to eliminate the torque feedback that results from having both power and steering on the same wheels.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

2017/2018 camry

2018/2019 camry

2019/2020 camry

Camry's are very popular in Ozland and Toyota b4 the air bag crap has always have a good reputation in replicability. But the problem is in Ozland the Toyota's are boring. The price is increasing and the car is just a redesign to look nicer. But engine etc is still the same ol same ol. So ppl rather just get older model no point pay more. Or buy those ex rentals etc. And sedans are getting less popular. SUVs n MPVs are in demand bcos it's a more practical vehicle. If only Toyota can up their game in Ozland.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at the porsche dealership i'm served with expresso and a donut or cake too, but there're no booby babes like those in thighland. they're a bunch of grannies with an attitude like in american and united airlines. but at honda or hyundai dealership i have to take a number and wait, and lines are long even though an appointment is made. coffee is from a self-serve drip pot. no expresso machine. just industrial grade coffee from aramark - yuck!