• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Serious Poll] Goh Meng Seng vs Lee Hsien Loong, who will you vote for as MP?

STraight 1 v 1 By election

• Total voters

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
WA LAO!!!!!! 菜花 gav such a difficult poll!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: both goh meng seng and LHL r doggies leh!! no matter wat u do, they bark!!!! :biggrin:

if the pap doggies force mi for a choice:oIo:, i rather castrate myself and bleed to death!!!!!! :oIo:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a serious poll that is why it s difficult

why not vote Goh Meng Seng ? he got political acumen!!!

Goh Meng Seng attacks WP leaders for lacking ‘political acumen’

“When the Yaw-gate first brewed, I have made several comments on how it should be managed and what went wrong subsequently. However, it seems that WP members and supporters are only concerned about short term interests instead of looking at the issue on a more matured perspective.”

He also criticized them for lacking ‘political acumen’:

“This is a worrying sign for WP. It indicates the lack of political acumen on the party members to understand the real issues behind Yaw-gate. More importantly, they are blinded by their loyalty to the party, instead to the core values of opposition.”

Though Mr Goh is no longer a member of WP, he still write as if he is some big shot in the party, reserving some of his harshest criticisms to WP CEC members:

“What is more worrying to me is that some of the WP CEC members actually voted against the motion to expel Yaw. Any seasoned politician would realize that the longer Yaw-gate drags, the more damage would be done to WP as well as the whole opposition movement. Thus it seems that these CEC members are most probably more emotional than rational when they cast their votes of objection. The apparent lack of political acumen among WP members and CEC members would be a source of instability.”

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
if he has political acumen he wont be supporting tan kin lian. he left WP coz he cannot keep his cannon mouth shut and "resigned" from wp. !! i remember he was skipped for the ncmp post? :biggrin: it will be fun to watch him in parliament. too bad!!! :biggrin:

he is like a petty women jealous wp members now...:wink:

This is a serious poll that is why it s difficult

why not vote Goh Meng Seng ? he got political acumen!!!

Goh Meng Seng attacks WP leaders for lacking ‘political acumen’

“When the Yaw-gate first brewed, I have made several comments on how it should be managed and what went wrong subsequently. However, it seems that WP members and supporters are only concerned about short term interests instead of looking at the issue on a more matured perspective.”

He also criticized them for lacking ‘political acumen’:

“This is a worrying sign for WP. It indicates the lack of political acumen on the party members to understand the real issues behind Yaw-gate. More importantly, they are blinded by their loyalty to the party, instead to the core values of opposition.”

Though Mr Goh is no longer a member of WP, he still write as if he is some big shot in the party, reserving some of his harshest criticisms to WP CEC members:

“What is more worrying to me is that some of the WP CEC members actually voted against the motion to expel Yaw. Any seasoned politician would realize that the longer Yaw-gate drags, the more damage would be done to WP as well as the whole opposition movement. Thus it seems that these CEC members are most probably more emotional than rational when they cast their votes of objection. The apparent lack of political acumen among WP members and CEC members would be a source of instability.”

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
vote Goh Meng Seng for his core value

Goh Meng Seng: CORE VALUES – Political Parties

This is a result of a lack of proper political education process within the organizations (i.e. political parties) that they are working in.

Most of the programs carried out by opposition parties are basically more functional in nature. Like how to run election campaign, sell party newspapers, carrying out Non-Violence ACtions etc. What is lacking is the molding of political ideology and direction. If you ask any opposition party members what their party ideology stands for, most likely they will give you a blank. Same applies to PAP too.

As for why Yaw has acted in such a way is probably due to the conflicting values he has in mind: Pro-Singapore vs Political Pluralism. Pro-Singapore requires him to vote “responsibly” but Political Pluralism would require him to cut down PAP’s votes of mandate. But if one views that cutting down PAP’s monopoly of power (i.e. depriving them two third majority for a start) would be good for Singapore in the long run, then such conflicting dilemma would not even exist.

My strongest criticism of Yaw’s reasoning lies in his stand that even if his very own comrades stand in his ward, he would also make the same consideration: candidate vs candidate. This is really a no brainer to me. For example, during last election, IF I have to apply his standards of consideration in AMK GRC, how could I ever vote for him, even as comrade? Comparing him to Mr. Lee HL? I simply voted for him and his team basically because we are standing on the same platform, share the same aspiration, CORE VALUES, direction and beliefs. IT IS NEVER ABOUT CANDIDATES, so to speak. As long as opposition parties could come up with decent candidates better than insects, then the consideration is about how to break down PAP’s monopoly of power.

If I ever have second doubts about my own comrades as candidates, I would not even stand as a candidate myself. This is simple political logic.

In fact, during GE 2006 campaign, PAP has tried to use the same logic by comparing candidates in Aljunied GRC one to one: Sylvia Lim to George Yeo, Tan Wui Hua to Lim Hwee Hwa, James Gomez to Cythia Phua, me to Yeo Guat Kwang, Rahizan to Zainul. If voters really take the bait in making such comparisons, I seriously doubt that we would cross the 40% mark. Ironically, Yaw in his confusion of priority of CORE VALUES, has chosen to vote according to PAP’s advocated logic. Yaw’s reasoning is more damaging than his vote.

What went wrong? Its about the STRENGTH of CORE VALUES and POLITICAL IDEOLOGY.

Political ideology may sound “outdated” to many in this globalized world but it is still a necessity for any political party to function coherently, just like Disney or any other organizations, via their decision making process as well as members’ training.

The recent Malaysian Elections is a good illustration of how a strong CORE VALUES work for the benefits of the opposition parties there. The common shared CORE VALUES is about anti-corruption and moving towards depriving BN the two third majority to curb its abuse of powers. Almost every party workers of the opposition parties know exactly what they are fighting for. A coherent force with a shared common CORE VALUES will help to spread the CORE MESSAGES of the campaign more effectively.

There is much work to be done to enhance the scope and depth of this common CORE VALUES of political activism in the days to come up to the next elections. Else, we may just face confusion of priorities and CORE VALUES again in future elections.

Goh Meng Seng

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Hsien Loong currently has 100% of the votes. 5 have voted so far. Looks like Goh Meng Seng will lose his deposit.

He is unfortunate because his intellect and deep insights cannot be understood by mere mortals like us. His analysis is so in-depth that no one can understand it.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lee Hsien Loong currently has 100% of the votes. 5 have voted so far. Looks like Goh Meng Seng will lose his deposit.

He is unfortunate because his intellect and deep insights cannot be understood by mere mortals like us. His analysis is so in-depth that no one can understand it.

Should be Field Marshall Goh Meng Seng.

Please use the proper title for such a distinguished commander.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should be Field Marshall Goh Meng Seng.

Please use the proper title for such a distinguished commander.

Lee Hsien Loong is now the most hated man in SInkie land...

surely some 1will vote for Field Marshall Goh Meng Seng!!!

here is an endorsement by TKL

Personal sacrifice by Goh Meng Seng
Goh Meng Seng helped me to deliver the Mandarin version of my speeches on several occasions to the investors at Hong Lim Park in the last quarter of 2008. His assistance to me, and to the investors, was invaluable.

A mutual friend told me that Meng Seng is selling his HDB flat to raise funds for the general election campaign in Tampines. He is the Secretary General of the National Solidarity Party. I check with Meng Seng to verify the accuracy of this information and he replied:

Yes, I am selling my flat to raise some funds for my campaign. As the leader of the party and the Tampines team, I need to build up my war chest in preparation for the eventual battle.I am able to do this basically because my wife and daughter are working and studying in Hong Kong and I am taking care of my aged mother (81 years old) by staying with her now. Most importantly, I am fortunate to have a very understanding and supportive wife. Freedom is not free. Pursuing Freedom and providing others the freedom of choice is not free. Some have asked me why don't I just take a personal loan. I don't like to have too many liabilities in life. On the other hand, selling my flat may serve me well. If I lose, so be it. Maybe by then, it would be much easier for me to join my family in Hong Kong to start fresh again. It is never easy to maintain a family in two places. If I win, I would be able to buy a flat in Tampines and become the Full Time MP there. Things will have to be rearranged in either outcomes.I think the most important thing is for people to realize that politics is about public service; not just opposition politics, but it is expected of the ruling party politicians as well. Public service may mean sacrifices on both financial as well as family time. Meng Seng
Unquote

My comments
Meng Seng is sincere and willing to serve the people of Singapore. I like to wish him success. I hope that Singaporeans realise the personal sacrifice that people like him have to make to make to provide an alternative voice for the people.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
gms is an unsung fashion trend hero. he started the fashion sensation of "baggy pants" before mc hammer got to strut his "can't touch this" to the top of the billboard, and he didn't get much credit out of his innovative more-breathing-room-for-the-lumpar wear. he's simply "a-head" of his time. :p

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I loathe GMS but I hate Pinky and the PAP even more..

My vote goes to GMS in the spirit of the Sammyboy Brotherhood..

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
无才无徳,干不了坏事
有才无德,必带来祸害

the population white paper is a good eg. I will vote for gms.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is Sophie's choice, but a message has to be sent. GMS's stupidity is not as bad as LHL's bungling. And since GMS rooted for a PAPzi victory in the last BE, I'll try to deny him that wish here.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
People would rather vote for a dog than MBT, yet GMS lost to MBT.

People would rather vote for a dog than LHL. So you think GMS will win LHL?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Between the known evil (LHL) and the unknown evil (GMS), with nothing else at stake, I will take LHL, guniang and all.