• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to SC on last Monday , heard from the sales some of the semi D at Isola Precinct changed hand at RM 2.2M .

Price during launch is around 1.6M, my bro bought one there during the launch.

Also I just registered my son at Exelsior international school at Seri Alam..

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya..song y y, dun need to go OzJohor to get ang moh building feel.

Haha. That's good. I feel that the western side of Johor is just too expensive.. prices are moving up very fast.. however in the Permas area things are still not that crazy yet.

With the development of the Singapore northern corridor and the removal of the Sembawang shipyard.. things should improve further for the residents in that area.

As a whole the entire Johor area is getting pricier. I just hope the amenities will continue to improve.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually Sentosa Cove got much more Oz feel than Senibong Cove leh......But the living cost there also closer to Oz, except property prices....haha

paisei..my bad, i refer to building structure(outline) of their condo.
only 2 structures but land big big, can play hide n seek..:biggrin:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to SC on last Monday , heard from the sales some of the semi D at Isola Precinct changed hand at RM 2.2M .

Hmm. I guess that's the going price now.. the new bungalows in Isola Grandeur is going cheapest at 2.8 million.. canal facing is about 4 million.. too expensive for my taste but majority is sold out. Amazing.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm. I guess that's the going price now.. the new bungalows in Isola Grandeur is going cheapest at 2.8 million.. canal facing is about 4 million.. too expensive for my taste but majority is sold out. Amazing.

there are a lot of people with a lot of money around. not surprised anymore with this kind of pricing.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are a lot of people with a lot of money around. not surprised anymore with this kind of pricing.

Just a quick observation. There seems to quite a lot of sellers on the open market.. seems like many speculators in Senibong cove.

Wonder why is that so? Everyone bailing?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Senibong cove management says that they have river patrols..

Do the residences see the patrol boats? I have not observed any when I go down there..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a quick observation. There seems to quite a lot of sellers on the open market.. seems like many speculators in Senibong cove.

Wonder why is that so? Everyone bailing?

i think whole of iskandar now got lots of speculators. this is what the bankers told me, some told me directly, some hinted at it . which property in SC are you eyeing??

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think whole of iskandar now got lots of speculators. this is what the bankers told me, some told me directly, some hinted at it . which property in SC are you eyeing??

Speculation started Q3 last year for condos, n Q2 this year for landed. My guess.

Many units r repeat adverts of same unit by different agent. General guideline is to divide adverts of last 2 months by 3 or 4 to estimate actual number of units on sale.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at the showroom looking at the bungalows on the island currently selling..

Looks kinda good but the price is kinda high.. not too sure about the internal furnishings but based on the current in the first phase it's pretty disappointing.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Senibong cove management says that they have river patrols..

Do the residences see the patrol boats? I have not observed any when I go down there..

Haha... unless they specifically mentioned patrols on the river using boats, they prolly meant patrols along the river boardwalk.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at the showroom looking at the bungalows on the island currently selling..

Looks kinda good but the price is kinda high.. not too sure about the internal furnishings but based on the current in the first phase it's pretty disappointing.

If you like it and buying for your own use, go for it if you can afford the price.
Consider the secondary market as I believe you can bargain it down from what is shown once you get the bank valuation.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
by the time u spot the patrol boats...wahaha.. titter.gif

sometimes feel do some speculation quite fun..:rolleyes::biggrin:

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

compared to singapore, yes. poor quality. for m'sia it's normal.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
compared to singapore, yes. poor quality. for m'sia it's normal.

I agree.. our perspective too often is used to Singapore standards.. I also observed that compared to KL and Penang the materials used and the standard of construction is lower but the price is about the same..

Just wondering why there is such a difference.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree.. our perspective too often is used to Singapore standards.. I also observed that compared to KL and Penang the materials used and the standard of construction is lower but the price is about the same..

Is the construction or land cost really that high? The costs doesn't seem to be in line with the quality of the house available in Johor.. or issit that just because Singaporean can afford it and they are matching the affordability.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

you mean landed.? no way. KL/Penang is at least 30-50% more expensive. materials? uh, so so also lah. depends on how much you pay.

for your info: in 2004, i was looking at sunway SPK in KL. House price 550-600K, almost same as the cascadia house i booked recently. Now sunway SPK house resale should be at least 1.2M, at least. The location is next to the LDP, between desa park city and damansara perdana.

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/1568459/3-harmoni-townhouse-forsale

condo prices, maybe are creeping up to KL level. this is my agaration only hor, don't take it at face value.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the construction or land cost really that high? The costs doesn't seem to be in line with the quality of the house available in Johor.. or issit that just because Singaporean can afford it and they are matching the affordability.

of course the latter. construction cost: not sure. but land cost is dirt cheap.

Again for eg: my house at cascadia. I paid 430RM PSF. Setia bought the land RM15 psf. The number is in their annual report. Of course, they put a small water feature, greenery, build a cute house on my land to make me happy. But you get an idea of the magnitude of the markup.

Last edited:

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, I am buying a unit in Austin Height and am wondering if I should move there to stay if unable to rent out. Am thinking of international school for my son too but I am a Singaporean. May I know if you r a Singaporean or Malaysian? What made u decide on that particular international school?