• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good luck on your renovations..
Just a question.. I understand that there are controls as to the level of renovations that can be taken out especially with regards to the exterior.. issit true?

Because I see that there is some external changes to the facade such as adding of external balcony and shifting of the main door.. just wondering whether this is strictly enforced.

Yup.. who else is staying there? any feedback on the Senibong living environment..

There are restrictions when it comes to reno. Eg, you cannot change the colour and finishes of the external facade or the main entrance door. Hacking of brick walls also not allowed. This is set out in the Deed of Mutual Covenant DMC).

The DMC was one of the attractions of SC to me. I suppose if people want to flout it, then this development will become no difference from any of the lower-end estates where the entire estate only looked nice and neat when it's new, but evolves into a Ca Pa Lang state after people start moving in and doing all kinds of hideous renovations with ghastly colours which ruins the ambience and overall character of the original estate design and bring down the value of the properties as a result... Well, I hope people know better.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are restrictions when it comes to reno. Eg, you cannot change the colour and finishes of the external facade or the main entrance door. Hacking of brick walls also not allowed. This is set out in the Deed of Mutual Covenant DMC).

The DMC was one of the attractions of SC to me. I suppose if people want to flout it, then this development will become no difference from any of the lower-end estates where the entire estate only looked nice and neat when it's new, but evolves into a Ca Pa Lang state after people start moving in and doing all kinds of hideous renovations with ghastly colours which ruins the ambience and overall character of the original estate design and bring down the value of the properties as a result... Well, I hope people know better.

I think that so long that the DMC is strictly enforced then it's ok.. That's one of the fears that I had also when considering buying a place in Johor.

Also DMC might be difficult to enforce especially local buyers might not have this same mindset. Generally they are pretty creative around the rules unlike Singaporeans. Malaysia boleh! Haha.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think that so long that the DMC is strictly enforced then it's ok.. That's one of the fears that I had also when considering buying a place in Johor.

Also DMC might be difficult to enforce especially local buyers might not have this same mindset. Generally they are pretty creative around the rules unlike Singaporeans. Malaysia boleh! Haha.

Yah lor, even for developments with DMC such as Lenang Heights, I asked if I can make certain alterations like constructing brick wall across wet kitchen etc, and the sales lady appeared blurred. Said 'should be ok since it doesnt affect exterior'. I asked if i can extend the glass balcony ceiling, and she also said 'should be ok'...

Once management of the estate is handed over to the residents, I suspect all hell will break loose liao, esp in MY....

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah lor, even for developments with DMC such as Lenang Heights, I asked if I can make certain alterations like constructing brick wall across wet kitchen etc, and the sales lady appeared blurred. Said 'should be ok since it doesnt affect exterior'. I asked if i can extend the glass balcony ceiling, and she also said 'should be ok'...

Once management of the estate is handed over to the residents, I suspect all hell will break loose liao, esp in MY....

I suspect that's the modus operandi.But I must say that the controls over at leisure farm is pretty good.. the developments are quite well controlled. No unsightly modifications at all even for the older developments as far as I can see.

That's why the management control is very important. Walker group still has to prove itself with regards to this. Leisure Farm is run by local company so they probably are more aware of the local context and control better.

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you don't mind me asking, how will you be commuting daily from Sg to JB? I wonder if anyone is keen to start a car pool from SC to Sg daily? They have plenty of that sort of arrangement in Horizon Hill. Any one keen, please contact me. :-)

Most probably driving ..but my working hours is flexible

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Difficult to enforce. Some people just like to be special.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect that's the modus operandi.But I must say that the controls over at leisure farm is pretty good.. the developments are quite well controlled. No unsightly modifications at all even for the older developments as far as I can see.

That's why the management control is very important. Walker group still has to prove itself with regards to this. Leisure Farm is run by local company so they probably are more aware of the local context and control better.

The key thing is, will Walker group stay on as estate managers (stated in the SPA or any legal documents)? or will Walker group, uhh pardon the pun.. walk away after a certain no of years (i.e hand over management to a community formed JMB)? This is actually a question you can ask the sales rep. they should know the terms.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
The key thing is, will Walker group stay on as estate managers (stated in the SPA or any legal documents)? or will Walker group, uhh pardon the pun.. walk away after a certain no of years (i.e hand over management to a community formed JMB)? This is actually a question you can ask the sales rep. they should know the terms.

Haha.. thats a good one.. actually good idea.. I asked something along those lines and they basically say that since they will still be building on the estate for the new phases to come. That means that they will be around for at least the next couple of years..

After that they will be running some of the shops at the future marina so implying that they will still be invested in maintaining the upkeep of the place.. however all this is talk only.. nothing in black and white as far as I know. maybe someone else can verify with them.

The hope island resort was also sold to some other company and they pulled out so it might happen here as well..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.. thats a good one.. actually good idea.. I asked something along those lines and they basically say that since they will still be building on the estate for the new phases to come. That means that they will be around for at least the next couple of years..

not an accurate assumption. they will be around for other phases, but the earlier phases may be required to form a JMB and takeover after a certain period. for the phase of the project i bought in tebrau, developer will manage my phase for only 5 year. Sooo.. really depends how forceful the JMB is in enforcing the DMC after that. Don't know the case for SC. you might also want to check with those buyers of HH, EL.

elleez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, we are not ready to make the move yet as are kids will still be studying in Singapore. Most likely, SC will be our weekend home. Are you living there already?

I haven't move in yet and will only do so if i can find regular commute to Sg. If not then I'll have to let out and continue staying in Sg, which will be such a waste. :-(

frogman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think quite a few staying there are high ranking gov officers. So making alterations are quite easy for them.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think quite a few staying there are high ranking gov officers. So making alterations are quite easy for them.

That was the impression that I got as welt.. at least they told me that the previous Mayor has a place there.. maybe that's why they are able to circumvent the rules.

If it's tastefully done then it's ok.. else it's gonna be an eyesore. Malaysian tend to be a creative lot..

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was the impression that I got as welt.. at least they told me that the previous Mayor has a place there.. maybe that's why they are able to circumvent the rules.

If it's tastefully done then it's ok.. else it's gonna be an eyesore. Malaysian tend to be a creative lot..

Yes, creative lot alright... I've seen purple colored houses with bright yellow trimmings, and balconies extended all the way to the front gate for the purely functional purpose drying laundry and hanging bed linen over the balustrades like giant flags, aesthetics being the least concern in the design of these things. Everything also boleh.

Kopisoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, creative lot alright... I've seen purple colored houses with bright yellow trimmings, and balconies extended all the way to the front gate for the purely functional purpose drying laundry and hanging bed linen over the balustrades like giant flags, aesthetics being the least concern in the design of these things. Everything also boleh.

My goodness.. Hope we won't see this in SC

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
My goodness.. Hope we won't see this in SC

Haha. A lot depends on management control and how they intend to enforce the rules.. sometimes it's really difficult.. but most important is that the Walker group is running the show.. that way it might be easier to control.. else the estate will become Ca Pa Lang...