• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

senibong

Good luck on your renovations..
Just a question.. I understand that there are controls as to the level of renovations that can be taken out especially with regards to the exterior.. issit true?

well, we were there during hari raya/national day n saw with horror that one phase 1 unit with its front drive way converted into 3 covered carpark lots! unbelievable! what's the mcst doing to make sure owners observe the rules?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a question.. I understand that there are controls as to the level of renovations that can be taken out especially with regards to the exterior.. issit true?

well, we were there during hari raya/national day n saw with horror that one phase 1 unit with its front drive way converted into 3 covered carpark lots! unbelievable! what's the mcst doing to make sure owners observe the rules?

Haha. . Yes. That's what I was worried about. Apparently the controls are not very well enforced. That's probably just the start. . Malaysia boleh..

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

Selamat datang ke M'sia. Just pray u dun end up having a neighbour from hell.

Perhaps instead of waiting for Developer/mcst to react, those who wish to do something about it should register their complaints with Developer which has a duty to enforce the DMC. The problem should be nipped in the bud or else it sets a precedent and becomes a cancer that's hard to stop.

Good luck to owners.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Selamat datang ke M'sia. Just pray u dun end up having a neighbour from hell.

Perhaps instead of waiting for Developer/mcst to react, those who wish to do something about it should register their complaints with Developer which has a duty to enforce the DMC. The problem should be nipped in the bud or else it sets a precedent and becomes a cancer that's hard to stop.

Good luck to owners.

It's a good idea.. it's a tough scenario. Ppl are quite still quite resistant.

chhiew

Hi all,
Just a check how is the river condition and its smell in SC?

I heard from the sales staff that it is improving and have less smell now?

Anyone living inside SC can share your experience ?

Thanks

fyironman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Think i know which unit you referring to, i just write the management office with the photo of this unit, if you look at the other side of this house, the owner put mosaic tile on the wall with all kind of colour.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup.
senibong;management1620118 said:
Think i know which unit you referring to, i just write the management office with the photo of this unit, if you look at the other side of this house, the owner put mosaic tile on the wall with all kind of colour.

Yup. That's good. This will show how well the management can handle. It will be great if they can resolve this. Please keep us updated on the status.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well done. Keep us posted on their response.

I'm sure the success of any well-maintained/managed estate depends also on the efforts of the residents in working hand-in-hand with the mgmt office. I look forward to contributing once I move in and can have eyes on the ground... still have some way to go for me though :( ..

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done. Keep us posted on their response.

I'm sure the success of any well-maintained/managed estate depends also on the efforts of the residents in working hand-in-hand with the mgmt office. I look forward to contributing once I move in and can have eyes on the ground... still have some way to go for me though :( ..

Well said.

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,
Just a check how is the river condition and its smell in SC?

I heard from the sales staff that it is improving and have less smell now?

Anyone living inside SC can share your experience ?

Thanks

Hi, I've been there countless of times (since buying a unit back in 2010). There was no smell then and no smell now...

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I've been there countless of times (since buying a unit back in 2010). There was no smell then and no smell now...

Which unit did you get? River facing? I also agree.. on the occasions that I was there I have not encountered bad smell..

Maybe should try to be there during low tide..

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which unit did you get? River facing? I also agree.. on the occasions that I was there I have not encountered bad smell..

Maybe should try to be there during low tide..

Hi Bro (or Sis?) cow138,
By the time I bought, the river facing units already sold out. Not that I was eyeing those anyway...
How about you?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro (or Sis?) cow138,
By the time I bought, the river facing units already sold out. Not that I was eyeing those anyway...
How about you?

I've not bought one yet. My family is in the midst of deciding on a bungalow on the island.. the latest release.. so just came to this forum to get some info before deciding.. but so far on surface it's pretty encouraging..

It's not perfect but the general impression is pretty positive.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've not bought one yet. My family is in the midst of deciding on a bungalow on the island.. the latest release.. so just came to this forum to get some info before deciding.. but so far on surface it's pretty encouraging..

It's not perfect but the general impression is pretty positive.

how much ah the bungalow.? a few million at least? for that money you never consider PH or EL or HH?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
[QUOHE=malpaso;1623732]how much ah the bungalow.? a few million at least? for that money you never consider PH or EL or HH?[/QUOTE]

You got a point.. we looked around over there but majority selling are condos. For the landed some of the con perhaps are
1. The electrical pylons in EL.Too many of them.
2. Distance too far.. 2nd link not convenient. EDL is much more convenient.
3. No coastal living for horizon hills.. kinda like the seaside feel.
4. PH is very good. I like that place but they don't have landed for sale yet.. but their estimated price is gonna be very high. Easily about more then 3 million..

Prices are running pretty quickly.

Thanks for your suggestion.. it's good to hear some feedback as it's not a small amount and kinda have to make some lifestyle changes.. not too sure if worth it.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
[QUOHE=malpaso;1623732]how much ah the bungalow.? a few million at least? for that money you never consider PH or EL or HH?

You got a point.. we looked around over there but majority selling are condos. For the landed some of the con perhaps are
1. The electrical pylons in EL.Too many of them.
2. Distance too far.. 2nd link not convenient. EDL is much more convenient.
3. No coastal living for horizon hills.. kinda like the seaside feel.
4. PH is very good. I like that place but they don't have landed for sale yet.. but their estimated price is gonna be very high. Easily about more then 3 million..

Prices are running pretty quickly.

Thanks for your suggestion.. it's good to hear some feedback as it's not a small amount and kinda have to make some lifestyle changes.. not too sure if worth it.[/QUOTE]

hi, it wasn't really a suggestion as ever body have thir own criteria & pricing, no one development is best in all. just wondering what your criteria and reasoning was. i like to do 'survey'. hehe. yeah, i absolutely hate the pylons too. and those at NJ are the latest generation pylons. it looks like something out of a sci fi movie, where aliens have taken over the planet. it also depend on where one is staying / working in singapore, right? if house in jurong west and work in tuas, then NJ is convenient.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha yes everyone has own criteria... i too like the seaside feel...here there's combi of both seaside + riverside!

When the condo is ready, I'm going to be a bum, retire early and move in... no dependents so no need to work so hard.. every day do yoga on balcony and watch sunrise! :biggrin:

Just need to find a good place in Permas to sip teh-c in the lazy afternoons and with God's grace I'll be contented...

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha yes everyone has own criteria... i too like the seaside feel...here there's combi of both seaside + riverside!

When the condo is ready, I'm going to be a bum, retire early and move in... no dependents so no need to work so hard.. every day do yoga on balcony and watch sunrise! :biggrin:

Just need to find a good place in Permas to sip teh-c in the lazy afternoons and with God's grace I'll be contented...

ya..song y y, dun need to go Oz to get ang moh building feel.