• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I am buying a unit in Austin Height and am wondering if I should move there to stay if unable to rent out. Am thinking of international school for my son too but I am a Singaporean. May I know if you r a Singaporean or Malaysian? What made u decide on that particular international school?

I am Malaysian SPR. I chosen Excelsior instead of Pegasus because the school is new and has good facilities and located up the hill . Also most of the teaching staffs have least a degree . During my visit early this week I saw a lot of Caucasian teachers and students. My boy going for the orientation next Monday and the term will start on 2 Sep 13.

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
compared to singapore, yes. poor quality. for m'sia it's normal.

Agreed. Actually, for a new timer - is considered good already.

I recall SC being a JV between Walker and Johor Govt (something like Johor Govt would provide the land and Walker would develop it) Was one of the key point in me buying SC - really hoping that they build a 3rd Link via the Eastern front and conecting to the Sembawang area..and beyond (KPE?)

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am Malaysian SPR. I chosen Excelsior instead of Pegasus because the school is new and has good facilities and located up the hill . Also most of the teaching staffs have least a degree . During my visit early this week I saw a lot of Caucasian teachers and students. My boy going for the orientation next Monday and the term will start on 2 Sep 13.

Hi,
Any ideas what's the cost like (for their early years curiculum)?
How far is it (by car) from SC?
Thanks.

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Senibong cove management says that they have river patrols..

Do the residences see the patrol boats? I have not observed any when I go down there..

Later on lah when the bungalows are up..not now. All these comes at a price (ie. higher mgmt fee)...

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
For K1&K2 is MR17,600 per year. You can go to their website for more details on the curriculum.

From SC , you drive toward Kota Puteri and go straight and you will reach the school in approx 15 min.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speculation started Q3 last year for condos, n Q2 this year for landed. My guess.

Many units r repeat adverts of same unit by different agent. General guideline is to divide adverts of last 2 months by 3 or 4 to estimate actual number of units on sale.

Actually if one is buying one unit, risk is manageable even if there is lots of speculation because you can always use it. If just purely speculation, then have to consider carefully as by then many units will be completed and competing with you. Nowadays, iskandar projects are hyped up and many are jumping onto the bandwagon hoping to see spectacular gains as earlier investors.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if one is buying one unit, risk is manageable even if there is lots of speculation because you can always use it. If just purely speculation, then have to consider carefully as by then many units will be completed and competing with you. Nowadays, iskandar projects are hyped up and many are jumping onto the bandwagon hoping to see spectacular gains as earlier investors.

Yup I guess there's some level of hype going on in Johor but I have seen quite a lot of improvement in Johor already.. we might just see that reality is catching up with hype pretty soon.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
SC wateredge 2nd loan payment ai lai liao(think foundation completed).. took almost 1 yr. think can buy a small boat to play there...:biggrin:

Last edited:

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi newbie here,Just bought a unit in SC phase I. Small but nice pool. It's a pity no tennis court.
Anybody knows if there are tennis courts in other phases, and can residents share one another phases' facilities?

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi newbie here,Just bought a unit in SC phase I. Small but nice pool. It's a pity no tennis court.
Anybody knows if there are tennis courts in other phases, and can residents share one another phases' facilities?

Congrats on your purchase! The amenities in each phase are exclusive to the residents in that phase only. As for the boardwalk along the Lunchoo River fronting the phase 1 riverside homes, it is open to residents of all phases, but only up to a certain time ...I think 7pm or so. The various pocket parks are open to all residents.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats on your purchase! The amenities in each phase are exclusive to the residents in that phase only. As for the boardwalk along the Lunchoo River fronting the phase 1 riverside homes, it is open to residents of all phases, but only up to a certain time ...I think 7pm or so. The various pocket parks are open to all residents.

security there looks good! btw are non residents allowed to go in and walk around the park? and is the whole SC strata titled? just gathering info.. tks.

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks a lot Jetstream for your feedback.

Oh, the Boardwalk is very exclusive then! I guess have to make friends with other phases's residents to be accompanied and use each other's facilities, especially sports' facilities.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
security there looks good! btw are non residents allowed to go in and walk around the park? and is the whole SC strata titled? just gathering info.. tks.

There're a few pocket parks in the estate. There's one outside the main security guardhouse along the highway, which I think is public as part of the developer's social obligation. As the other parks within the perimeter are all after clearing the main guardhouse, I suppose they're not quite public. But then when the commercial phase is developed, I think it'll be open to public and that means the pocket parks will be equally accessible to those patronizing the commercials..

Not sure about strata titled but I know there a Deed of Mutual Covenant. Is there any significance?

Sorry lah, I think I can only volunteer more certain info after my flat is ready and I move in haha!

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
There're a few pocket parks in the estate. There's one outside the main security guardhouse along the highway, which I think is public as part of the developer's social obligation. As the other parks within the perimeter are all after clearing the main guardhouse, I suppose they're not quite public. But then when the commercial phase is developed, I think it'll be open to public and that means the pocket parks will be equally accessible to those patronizing the commercials..

Not sure about strata titled but I know there a Deed of Mutual Covenant. Is there any significance?

Sorry lah, I think I can only volunteer more certain info after my flat is ready and I move in haha!

Yes. It's strata title.. including the landed properties

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

thanks for sharing.! of course, legally, there is a difference. strata titled means the whole parcel is private , and governed under strata titles code. so legally the owners can bar the public from entering. individual lot are under the old national land code, and therefore the roads and amenities are public property, the owners only own their individual plots. But for yours, high rise, is confirmed strata.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for sharing.! of course, legally, there is a difference. strata titled means the whole parcel is private , and governed under strata titles code. so legally the owners can bar the public from entering. individual lot are under the old national land code, and therefore the roads and amenities are public property, the owners only own their individual plots. But for yours, high rise, is confirmed strata.

If the whole development is strata.. who will pay for roaf maintenance? Government or Management?