• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sembawang becomes Chong Pang ?! ?!

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
:mad:

i got confused when i got out of sembawang mrt station and saw a huuuuggge board with that
indian pappy face with big header CHONG PANG
since when did sembawang become Chong Pang??
Chong Pang is Chong Pang, Sembawang is Sembawang,
why spend this kind of money to cause confusion? :confused::mad:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
:mad:

i got confused when i got out of sembawang mrt station and saw a huuuuggge board with that
indian pappy face with big header CHONG PANG
since when did sembawang become Chong Pang??
Chong Pang is Chong Pang, Sembawang is Sembawang,
why spend this kind of money to cause confusion? :confused::mad:

It's not strange. Many parts of hougang have become Aljunied and Pasir Ris Ponggol :biggrin:

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sembawang, Chong Pang can be anywhere the Pappies say they want them to be. They can also be in Tanjong Pagar.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sembawang, Chong Pang can be anywhere the Pappies say they want them to be. They can also be in Tanjong Pagar.

Chong Pang Village was opposite Sembawang Shopping Centre, that is Sembawang, it was just outside the Naval Base gate, if anyone, 'young' enough to remember!

But like you say, what the pappies say, Chong Pang can be at Yishun, Tanjong Pagar & even Timbucktu!!:biggrin:

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does it really matter so much whether it is in Yishun or Sembawang? I don't see the point of this thread. Who is so badly affected by this revelation?:confused:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does it really matter.......I don't see the point ....Who is so badly affected...:confused:

On the surface it may not matter but as many of the posting pointed out-its one of the manifestation that the pappies can do anything they want with their 2/3 majority in parliament.
Examples- pay themselves the highest salaries in the world
- spend millions on scholarships for foreigners (including one who said there are more dogs than people)when many locals cannot afford
breakfast for their kids
-make public housing unaffordable by allowing PR's to buy
-reserve 20% of places in education for foreigners while silliporeans with better qualifications cannot get a place

The list goes on and on-ask yourself whether "white horse" classification is used to identify sons" of influential persons to ensure such enlistees were not given preferential treatment" and how many people you know served NS as a research scientist.!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chong Pang is part of Yishun, not Sembawang.

Nee Soon, Yishun and Chong Pang are all in Sembawang. That's even before the invention of GRC. Chong Pang has a big Indian gangster community traditionally. Yishun actually means the same as Nee Soon but was Hanyu-Pinyinised for the later bigger HDB estate. Sembawang has a smaller HDB estate years earlier further up north. From Nee Soon, Yishun or Chong Pang, if you walk out to the biggest main road, if the roadsign doesn't say Sembawang Road, I chop!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sembawang has a smaller HDB estate years earlier further up north. From Nee Soon, Yishun or Chong Pang, if you walk out to the biggest main road, if the roadsign doesn't say Sembawang Road, I chop!

I will replace the road sign tonight. From Sembawang Road to Chop Road!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will replace the road sign tonight. From Sembawang Road to Chop Road!

I'm not Max Chua. I'm damn sure then I bet on chop. :wink:

The last chopping I've seen in Chong Pang side of Sembawang was an Indian gangfight. Quite grissly and bloody. :eek:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....he situation with chong pang is quite similar to that of kang kar in hougang.
the original chong pang village near the junction of sembawang road and canberra road (near the sembawang shopping centre) has been demolished beyond recognition....
papee tried to recreate a "chong pang city" further down sembawang road in yishun....
the existing chong pang city is bounded by sembawang road, yishun ave 5 and yisun ring road....opposite the chong pang camp.

in other words...the original chong pang village is quite near the sembawang mrt station.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha....he situation with chong pang is quite similar to that of kang kar in hougang.
the original chong pang village near the junction of sembawang road and canberra road (near the sembawang shopping centre) has been demolished beyond recognition....
papee tried to recreate a "chong pang city" further down sembawang road in yishun....
the existing chong pang city is bounded by sembawang road, yishun ave 5 and yisun ring road....opposite the chong pang camp.

in other words...the original chong pang village is quite near the sembawang mrt station.

Kukubird not so kuku today. Yeah, it's around Sun Plaza and Sembawang MRT nowadays.

GoldenDragon lose to Kukubird today, please chop! Or, please sneak out at night and change roadsign!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Know your history la. Lim Nee Soon began by purchasing a plot of Sembawang tree land and turned it into a rubber plantation. Lim Chong Pang was his second son who took over his business. Hence, all three names are around the area.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Know your history la. Lim Nee Soon began by purchasing a plot of Sembawang tree land and turned it into a rubber plantation. Lim Chong Pang was his second son who took over his business. Hence, all three names are around the area.

This thread is about Chong Pang and now we know something more about it. Unlike many places in Singapore which has disappeared and wipe off the Singapore map Chong Pang is still around, although not in the exact location. Why don't anyone mentioned the disappearance of our small islets, when PAP took over Singapore had a total of 63 islands.

Much of old Singapore had undergone drastic changes. Many roads and tracks has disappeared forever and likewise many well-known places. Chong Pang is not one of the hundreds that are permanently gone. Next will be Bukit Brown.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal

Khatib is a mat that married into the Lim family I'm guessing.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does it really matter so much whether it is in Yishun or Sembawang? I don't see the point of this thread. Who is so badly affected by this revelation?:confused:

Gerrymandering, fucking with historical/geographical boundaries.

Results in confusion and a loss in sense of belonging.