• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Satanic Verses

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Evil focker Balaji reject cycling lane outright, the result is now cyclist edge out pedestrians on pavements !!!! May the devil eat ur satanic soul Balaji !!!

Friday, February 18, 2005
10th Parliamentary debates 2003 - "Integrating cycle paths into traffic system"

Parliamentary debates 2003 - "Integrating cycle paths into traffic system"

10th Parliamentary Debates Singapore. Official Report, Volume 76 No. 22, 16th October 2003. Oral Answers to Questions: 12. Integrating cycle paths into traffic system

Ms Irene Ng Phek Hoong asked the Minister for Transport, in view of the rising number of cyclists involved in traffic accidents and of Singaporeans taking up cycling, will his Ministry study how developed countries such as Holland and Germany have brought down bicycle accidents drastically by integrating cycle paths into the traffic system in a coordinated network for both leisure cyclists and commuters.

The Minister of State for Transport (Dr Balaji Sadasivan) (for the Minister for Transport): Mr Speaker, Sir, in land scarce Singapore, our limited road space should be used for the efficient movement of people and goods. Because of this, we have only set aside dedicated road space for bus lanes and, that too, only for certain hours of the day and at certain locations. Bus lanes are justified because buses carry many more people than other vehicles. It would not be cost-effective nor physically feasible, in view of our limited land, to set aside dedicated road space for other vehicles, including bicycles.

Although we do not have the luxury of providing dedicated bicycle paths, as in Holland and Germany, we continue to study others' experiences and explore measures that help to enhance the safety of our road users, including cyclists.

Members may wish to note that the number of injuries involving cyclists has remained stable in recent years. Nonetheless, both Traffic Police and LTA will continue to take measures to reduce such incidents. These include the use of traffic calming measures, such as speed humps, education of road users, and enforcement of traffic rules.

Recently, a national road safety workshop was also conducted, with the participation of many concerned parties, to brainstorm new ideas that can further improve the safety of cyclists, amongst other vulnerable road users. These ideas include enhanced regulations on bicycles and cyclists, new traffic rules and more public education.

Public education is particularly important, as both cyclists and motorists play a crucial part in preventing road accidents. The ideas are being studied by the relevant authorities.

Ms Irene Ng Phek Hoong: Sir, that Singapore is land scarce is a given. The question is: how do we help, in terms of physical infrastructure, roads and space, to reduce the number of cyclists dying on the roads? Just in the first half of this year, 11 cyclists died, compared to five in the same period last year. This is a high number that we should not tolerate. If it means building a few more lanes to schools or markets, why do we not invest in them?

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: Mr Speaker, Sir, in countries like Germany and Holland, they do build such special lanes. I have been to Germany and Holland. In Amsterdam, they have special bicycle lanes and cyclists rule the road. The sight of cyclists ruling the road and motorists being given a lower priority is most appealing.

For one thing, it is environmentally friendly. Cyclists only release carbon dioxide. There is no carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, nitrous oxide and particulate matter that combustion engines release. The puffing and wheezing of cyclists and the sound of swirling bicycle wheels is less jarring on the ears than the raw motorcycles and motorcars.

Cycling is also a good form of exercise. By cycling to work, you accomplish two goals at the same time. You can get your exercise and get to work at the same time.

But the reality is, in Singapore, land is scarce. Less than 1% of Singaporeans use the bicycle for regular travel. Our land is limited. If we designate special bicycle lanes for the less than 1% of travellers for the use of bicycles, it would be at the expense of either existing road lanes or pedestrian ways. If we convert one road lane in our roads for cyclists, it means that 99% of Singaporeans who use buses, cars or motorcycles may be tied up in a gridlock of traffic jams.

If we convert pedestrian ways to cycle lanes, then our pedestrians would have nowhere to walk and would be in danger of being knocked down by bicycles.

Even if we have special bicycle lanes, how many Singaporeans will cycle to work or the market? Our weather is different from the temperate climate which is present in Germany and Holland. Cycle for five minutes in the hot and humid afternoon and you will be soaked in sweat. If you do not shower at your destination, you will smell of stale sweat for the rest of the day. And, of course, ladies will have to redo their face because their make-up will come off.

Sir, cycling is still for Germany and Holland, but for Singapore, it is not practical.

Ms Irene Ng Phek Hoong: Sir, I feel that the Minister of State might have painted a too simplistic picture and also in giving a trade-off that we need not have to make, that is, a trade-off between cyclists ruling the road and not even having space for pedestrians to walk. I think we can meet the demands of the different groups without sacrificing the principle that we have to use our land wisely.

I think the seriousness of the problem might not have sunk down to the Minister of State.

Mr Speaker: What is your question, Ms Ng?

Ms Irene Ng Phek Hoong: I would invite the Minister of State to Tampines where we can see many housewives bringing their children to school on bicycles. I would ask the Minister of State to seriously consider doing a survey, going down to the ground, to schools, wet markets and MRT tracks, and see how commuters have been using the roads, and on how to make the roads safer for the cyclists who are trying to save money by not taking buses because transport costs are going up. So they are taking up cycling.

There is also a bigger group of people who are keen to cycle. I would urge the Minister of State to take
this seriously and to please help the cyclists to negotiate on the road without risks to their lives.

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: Mr Speaker, Sir, we take the safety of cyclists seriously. Earlier this month, on 2nd and 3rd October, a major conference was held, ie, the Asian Development Bank's ASEAN Road Safety Programme. Experts and various stakeholders on road safety were at this meeting. A lot of brainstorming was done about ideas that can reduce the number of fatalities on the road. We are considering these ideas and the
various authorities are looking at them.

Mr Sin Boon Ann: Sir, I thought the earlier question asked by my colleague was: how does the Ministry intend to reduce the number of cycle deaths because, in the same comparable period, the number of fatalities has actually gone up? Can the Minister of State give an indication of the steps that the Ministry is contemplating in this regard?

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: Overall, the fatalities on our roads per capita are lower than most developed countries like the United States, and it has come down, as compared to about 10 years ago. Among the ideas that were generated were more stricter rules on cyclists and more education for cyclists and other road users.

Mr Steve Chia Kiah Hong: Mr Speaker, Sir, would the Minister of State consider a trial bicycle lane in the MP's constituency to see how good is the demand for bicycle lanes? That may solve the problem.

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: If there is a Member of Parliament who requests for bicycle lanes in his constituency, we will study that.

Ms Irene Ng Phek Hoong: Sir, the Minister of State has mentioned the number of fatalities, saying that it has not changed much. But I would ask the Minister to look at another figure, which I would think is more telling, and that is the number of cyclists involved in traffic accidents.

From 1998, it was 266 but it rose to 363 last year. It is a drastic rise and whether one dies or not, it is a matter of luck. But the question is how to reduce the number of cyclists involved in accidents. We should be looking at the number of cyclists involved in traffic accidents.

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: I agree with the Member that cyclists are a risk group. Once upon a time, motorcyclists were a major risk group and the use of safety helmets has greatly reduced the number of deaths. We need to consider what else we can do to reduce the number of fatalities amongst cyclists.

Mr Speaker: I think we have "cycled" far enough. Your next question, Ms Irene Ng.

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
A blur fock who does the bidding of his satanic master cant ans Parl qns properly !!! Fock back to Hell Balaji, n stay there !!!

GENERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGNS

(Change of laws and regulations on use of Internet and podcasts)

9. Mr Low Thia Khiang asked the Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts whether the Government intends to change the laws and regulations concerning the use of Internet and new technologies such as podcasts for campaigning during the General Election and, if so, what will be the main changes and when will such changes be made public.

The Senior Minister of State for Information, Communications and the Arts (Dr Balaji Sadasivan) (for the Minister of Information, Communications and the Arts): Mr Speaker, Sir, currently, there are several pieces of legislation and guidelines which cover Internet campaigning issues or which touch on such matters. These include the Parliamentary Elections Act (PEA) and the Election Advertising Regulations under the PEA, and the Class Licence Scheme and the Internet Code of Practice administered by the Media Development Authority (MDA).

Political parties, candidates and election agents are permitted to use the Internet for election advertising based on a "positive list" of activities listed in the Election Advertising Regulations.

The "positive list" ensures the responsible use of the Internet during the elections. In a free-for-all Internet environment, where there are no rules, political debates could easily degenerate into an unhealthy, unreliable and dangerous discourse flushed with rumours and distortions to mislead and confuse the public. The Government has always maintained that political debates should be premised on factual and objective presentation of issues and arguments. The regulations governing Internet campaigning have served well to safeguard the seriousness of the electoral process.

Political parties, candidates and their election agents will continue to be guided by the "positive list" in the Election Advertising Regulations in the coming general elections. Party political websites must be registered with the MDA. Failure to register is a breach of the class licence conditions.

Private or individual bloggers can discuss politics. However, if they persistently propagate, promote or circulate political issues relating to Singapore, they are required to register with the MDA. During the election period, these registered persons will not be permitted to provide material online that constitutes election advertising.

Mr Low has asked about podcasting. I take podcasting to mean the provision of an audio feed over the Internet to subscribers. As I have noted, during the election period, political parties, candidates and election agents must keep to permitted election advertising set out in the "positive list". Podcasting does not fall within this list.

There are also some well-known local blogs run by private individuals who have ventured into podcasting. The content of some of these podcasts can be quite entertaining. However, the streaming of explicit political content by individuals during the election period is prohibited under the Election Advertising Regulations. A similar prohibition would apply to the videocasting, or video streaming of explicitly political content.

At this point, the Government has no intention to amend the legislation regulating Internet campaigning during an election. But the review of Government regulations is a continual process so as to ensure that they are kept up-to-date. We recognise that in our society, people will have diverse opinion and some will want to share their opinion. But people should not take refuge behind the anonymity of the Internet to manipulate public opinion. It is better and more responsible to engage in political debates in a factual and objective manner.

Mr Low Thia Khiang: Clarification, Sir. Do I understand that unless what is allowed is being listed, whatever new technology that comes along, one is not allowed to apply and use it for political advertisement purposes?

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: The purpose of a "positive list" is to define what is allowed. And if it is not on the "positive list", then it is not allowed.

Mr Steve Chia Kiah Hong: Sir, I would like to ask the Senior Minister of State, if any concerned citizen takes what is on the "positive list" on the Internet, prints it out, and circulates it on his own to the residents in a contested constituency, is that an offence?

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: Let me clarify. I want to clarify that private individuals are not prohibited from commenting on politics, either before or during the election period. They can give their own personal views, for example, what they think about the candidate or a political party. But if such individuals or groups use their blogs or websites as vehicles to promote political discussion in a consistent fashion or propagate political ideals or use their blogs as vehicles to support one party, in other words, they are called individual sites, but they really act like a party website, then they would be required to register.

Mr Steve Chia Kiah Hong: Sir, may I clarify with the Senior Minister of State? He did not answer my question exactly. My question is this. From the "positive list" of the websites that are approved and registered, a concerned citizen downloads all these materials and prints them out on his own, using photostating machine or whatever, and distributes them to the mail boxes of the residents in their constituency, is he allowed?

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: Sir, every case will have to be considered on the facts of the case. So, one would have to look at the facts of the case that he has presented. What he is presenting is he is saying that an individual who acts like a political party.

Mr Steve Chia Kiah Hong: As an individual.

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: If an individual acts like an individual, then he is an individual. But if an individual uses his website and acts like a political party, then even though he calls himself "an individual", we will have to treat it like a political party. So, as I have said, we need to look at the facts and details of each case and then decide.

Mr Steve Chia Kiah Hong: Sir, the facts of the case, as I explained, is that they are citizens who want to download materials from the approved list to distribute ---

Mr Speaker: Mr Chia, you have repeated your questions twice.

Mr Steve Chia Kiah Hong: The Minister did not answer my question.

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: Let me clarify to Mr Chia. Should he have somebody who takes his party's information, cyclostyle and distribute it, he must be his election agent. He should not allow people whom he has not authorised to do that.

Mr Low Thia Khiang: What about people who help to do photostating?

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: Yes, if he is his authorised helper.

Mr Steve Chia Kiah Hong: If we do not know them.

Mr Low Thia Khiang: Let me give the Minister of State a scenario. An individual decides to send out SMS message across to the people, is it under the "positive list", or is it not?

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: Sir, email and SMS fall within the realm of private communication. So the Government has no wish to intrude into people's privacy. However, if he is still seeking to use mass email and mass SMS as tools to influence people or to affect the outcome of an election he should realise that he is still governed by the laws of the land, and this includes libel. They should not assume the fact that emailing or SMSing information gives them the licence to say anything they want. So the laws of the land apply, but SMSes and emails are generally considered as private communication, and we do not want to intrude on it.

Mr Speaker: Mr Low, last question.

Mr Low Thia Khiang: When does the law of the land define "an individual"? At what point in time will be become a political party or a political party machine? Can he please clarify and define it?

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: Sir, currently, only a handful of websites are registered with MDA, and they consist largely of political party websites, like Mr Low's party and the PAP, and registered political associations, like the Think Centre. In general, we have dealt with the Internet with a light touch and have allowed individuals to express their views on the elections and politics on their websites. But should an individual decide to use his website so that it looks like his party's website and does the function of his party's website or my party's website, then it is not an individual's opinion, it is a site that acts like a party's website.

Mr Low Thia Khiang: How do we define "looks like"? Can he please explain?

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: That is why, Sir, I said that in any case, the facts of the case have to be seen. But we have dealt with the Internet with a light touch and other than the party political sites and sites, like the Think Centre, this handful of sites is registered. All the rest of the individuals are expressing their opinions freely.

Mr Steve Chia Kiah Hong: I would like to clarify with the Minister. It is important.

Mr Speaker: If it is the same question, I think it is answered already.

Mr Steve Chia Kiah Hong: The clarification is that this individual, whom we do not know, is not our election agent or election helper. This is an individual in the constituency who wants to download anything and distributes it to the residents in the contested constituency. Is it an offence?

Dr Balaji Sadasivan: Sir, during the election period, anyone who distributes election material must be registered.

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
The devil will cut ur tongue out in Hell, liar Balaji !!!

Time is GMT + 8 hours
Posted: 29 April 2006 2322 hrs
CNA

Dr Balaji Sadasivan promises lower healthcare costs if PAP given strong mandate

SINGAPORE : Dr Balaji Sadasivan, who is a member of the People's Action Party (PAP) team contesting Ang Mo Kio Group Representation Constituency, addressed concerns over healthcare costs at a PAP rally on Saturday.

He said given a strong mandate, the PAP would continue to find ways to make healthcare affordable for older Singaporeans.

Dr Balaji said, "Everyone is concerned about the cost of healthcare. When you go to neighbouring countries, in public hospitals, the care is very cheap. But whenever Singaporeans go there, the first thing they want to do is to transfer to a hospital in Singapore, cause the quality of healthcare is excellent, which is why the life expectancy of Singaporeans is so much longer than those of citizens of neighbouring countries.

"But in the next five years, if you give us a strong mandate, we will find ways to make healthcare affordable and more convenient for more Singaporeans. You have heard Minister Khaw Boon Wan on the new CPF rules that allow you to use CPF or Medisave account for outpatient care. This will help many older Singaporeans. We will also reorganise care for elderly, so that your many illnesses can be looked after by one doctor, bringing down the cost of your healthcare, but (to) do this, we need a strong mandate from you."

Meanwhile, PAP candidate for Ang Mo Kio GRC, Inderjit Singh, said there is no need for the opposition to be represented in Parliament.

He told the crowd at a PAP rally that the party is able to provide its checks and balances in governance.

"Now you must have seen in Parliament...that there are MPs from the PAP who were...willing to challenge the government to question their policies, and more importantly to provide constructive criticisms in parliament. And unfortunately, those MPs are not the opposition MPs, those are the PAP MPs, like myself.

"In fact, if you listen carefully in Parliament, sometimes the opposition MPs look like they are PAP MPs, and the PAP MPs, like the few that I mentioned, including myself, look like opposition MPs." - CNA/ms

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 yrs later the truth is here, the mother focker Balaji was dying, n Satan Spawn wanna gamble on him until next GE, but cant promote him ... n the devil got him 1st !!!

April 12, 2007
PM lauds Balaji for opting to stay
HAPPY TO SERVE: Despite not being promoted to be a full minister, Dr Balaji is determined to keep serving the country.

WANTED: More politicians such as Dr Balaji Sadasivan.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong yesterday singled out the Senior Minister of State (Foreign Affairs and Information, Communications and the Arts) as the type of person the Government appreciated.

The former neurosurgeon was among the seven newcomers who were dubbed the 'Super Seven' when they became office-holders immediately on entering politics in 2001.

But unlike most of them, Dr Balaji had not been promoted to be a full minister. Despite that, he chose to remain in the public sector.

Said Mr Lee: 'That's the sort of people we are looking for. But it's not easy to find people who are like that.'

He spoke of Dr Balaji, 51, to illustrate how loss of privacy and risk of failure could be deterrents to getting 'a good person to take the plunge' into politics.

'Even if you do okay, others may do better and then there will be comparisons made,' said Mr Lee.

Among the Super Seven, three - Dr Balaji, Dr Ng Eng Hen and Dr Vivian Balakrishnan - were doctors.

It was reported then that they took pay cuts that ranged from $10,000 to $200,000 a month.

Today, Dr Ng is the Manpower Minister and Dr Balakrishnan, the Minister of Community Development, Youth and Sports.

But before their promotion, PM Lee said he told Dr Balaji he was not ready to be a full minister yet and asked if he wished to return to the private sector.

Dr Balaji replied: 'I'm staying. I'm a neurosurgeon, I calculate all possible consequences, good and bad, before I operate. I have decided, I have stopped practising.

'This is my future, this is what I am going to do. If you find me useful as a MOS (Minister of State)... I will be happy to serve.'

Mr Lee said that he responded by saying: 'Good for you. I think the more of you.'

LI XUEYING

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=76383&page=4

This is quite surreal.

I was speaking at SFD forum on Singapore Electoral system. I mentioned about Post-LKY era and whether the present political system is sustainable during Post-LKY era.

I also believe we are already stepping into the early stage of Post-LKY era and indeed, we are at the cross road now. Where do we go from here. Sustainability of the whole system is a big question mark.

Right after the forum, the news of the death of the old lady came and the first light in the dawn of Post-LKY era has surfaced.

Goh Meng Seng

:oIo: Oppo big name bragging abt his god-like vision, backed up by the coincidental death of Satan Lee's wife

:oIo: When Tan Lead Shake's wife killed his bro, the media put Tan Lead Shake in very bad light even dou it wasn't his fault, n it was a family tragedy. The media was fock by the ppl fer insensitivity n eagerness to score pt. Now, Oppo big name publicly do the same to his nemesis, scoring cheap pt n riding happily on the domestic grief n pain of his political enemy.

Tell me how the fock is he better than the evil PAP !!!!?!?!?!?!?

No matter how much he hates Satan Lee n his familee, as a politician, he must ctrl himself not to show his ugly side. But instead, tis focker is publicly showing his joy dat his political enemy is hurting bcus of family grief ... how wld NSP SG Goh Meng Seng feel if Satan Lee use the media to mock him when his wife dies !???

GMS, if u hv nothing wise to say, shut the fock up !!!! else, u put ur entire NSP in trouble !!!! KNN!!!!!

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
:oIo: Tink abt it .... MSK nice guy cooperate by giving acct of how he 'escape' WDC which by 1 in a trillion chance fits the COI report, but then wld not tell police how he fled SG .... U focking believe the bullshit fr satanic Folly Wong Cunt Sin !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oct 19, 2010
PARLIAMENT
Still unclear how Mas Selamat fled country
By Zakir Hussain, Political Correspondent

INVESTIGATIONS are still continuing into what terrorist Mas Selamat Kastari did after escaping from the Whitley Road Detention Centre (WRDC), Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng told Parliament yesterday.

He said the leader of the Singapore Jemaah Islamiah (JI) network 'has not given a completely reliable account' of how he evaded detection while a manhunt was under way to find him, and how he made it to Malaysia.

'I am not able to share any details at this stage other than to say that the investigators are not closing any option,' he said.

He would, however, share the findings when investigations can conclusively determine how he fled the country, 'and if that doesn't compromise our operational security', he added.

As to how Mas Selamat escaped from the detention centre itself, the detainee's version of events was 'essentially consistent' with what the Committee of Inquiry found two years ago - namely, that he escaped via a toilet window.

Mas Selamat's escape on Feb 27, 2008 sparked a massive manhunt. He was caught in Johor on April 1 last year and held in a Malaysian prison until he was handed over to Singapore on Sept 24 this year.

Mr Wong, who is Minister for Home Affairs, was replying to questions from MPs Christopher de Souza (Holland-Bukit Timah GRC), Hri Kumar Nair (Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC) and Low Thia Khiang (Hougang).

Mr Wong said a team of officers from the Criminal Investigation Department had been assigned to question Mas Selamat on his escape from the centre.

Another team of Internal Security Department investigators and analysts was investigating the case from a counter-terrorism angle, for example, trying to identify the residual elements of the JI network.

Both teams work in parallel, but keep each other apprised of key disclosures or discoveries, said Mr Wong.

Asked if other people had aided Mas Selamat during his escape, Mr Wong said he was unable to comment as investigations are not yet complete.

'Investigators are keeping an open mind and will pursue all angles,' he said.

'Even during the investigation into his escape in 2008, the investigators did not rule out the possibility that Mas Selamat could have received help from inside or outside the WRDC,' he noted.

It was not possible to seal off every entry or exit point on the island; indeed, several illegal immigrants trying to enter or leave Singapore had been arrested in the past week, he noted.

Asked whether Mas Selamat's detention means the terrorist threat is now lower, Mr Wong said it remains 'real and significant' as Mas Selamat is a hardcore terrorist committed to plotting attacks.

For example, following the security operation mounted by the Ministry of Home Affairs against the JI in 2001, Mas Selamat was determined to retaliate and planned attacks against Singapore even while he was on the run.

'Having been trained in Afghanistan, he has the operational competencies to stage a terrorist attack if given time and opportunity. His determination to do so remains unchanged,' he said.

'Holding Mas Selamat in preventive detention means there is just one threat less but there are others out there in the region,' he added, noting that in Indonesia, counter-terrorism operations continue although major leaders have already been killed.

As for the threat posed by the JI, Mr Wong said Singapore has been and will remain a target for the terror network.

'The continuing discoveries of new plots and their disruption by the security forces of the region tell us that the terrorist network is very much alive and resilient,' he said.

Asked whether Mas Selamat was likely to escape again, Mr Wong said security at Whitley Road has been beefed up in the past two years, as recommended by the Committee of Inquiry set up after the escape.

A revised regime to classify detainees into different risk categories has also been put in place, and Mas Selamat is now in the highest category.

This means his movements are closely watched, he is heavily shackled when he is outside his cell, and he has a larger team of Gurkha guards escorting him.

Mr Wong also said he was confident officers on the case will persevere in what he called a 'difficult and challenging investigation'.

'Underestimating Mas Selamat and the resilience of JI sympathisers and elements would be most dangerous folly. Indeed it is people like Mas Selamat who underscore how persistently real the threat of terrorism continues to be for Singapore and Singaporeans,' he added.

[email protected]

Vanishing act

THE WINDOW

Mas Selamat Kastari notices a window in one of the toilet cubicles has no grilles. On his second visit, he manages to open it despite its handle being sawn off. He starts planning his escape.

He develops a routine of using the same cubicle each time he is taken to the toilet. He also turns on the tap and hangs his pants over the door to get the guards used to his routine.

On Feb 27, 2008, he puts on two extra layers of clothing over his uniform. He closes the cubicle door, hangs a pair of pants over the door, then throws two packets of toilet rolls out of the window to cushion his fall. He then climbs through the window.

THE FENCE

The fence outside the toilet is too high to scale. However, there is a slope on the right where two fences meet. There is a walkway next to the fence. Mas Selamat throws the toilet rolls onto the roof of the covered walkway and climbs up. Again using the toilet rolls to cushion his fall, he jumps off the roof and out of the detention centre.

THE FOREST

He heads into the forested area nearby where he ditches his light green baju kurung, to make it harder for the guards to find him.

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Oct 19, 2010
PARLIAMENT
How Mas Selamat escaped from Whitley Road facility
Mas Selamat Kastari's account of how he escaped from the Whitley Road Detention Centre is consistent with the findings of the Committee of Inquiry made public 2-1/2 years ago, Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng told Parliament. This is an extract of what he said yesterday.

'MAS Selamat revealed to investigators that he had observed that there was renovation work going on in the Whitley Road Detention Centre (WRDC).

There was indeed significant renovation work going on at the WRDC at the time. The renovation work was done in order to enhance old facilities to accommodate and manage the detainees.

Mas Selamat also revealed that when he was taken to use a toilet in a renovated and different block from the regular one used in the past for family visits, he noticed that the window to one of the toilet cubicles had no grilles.

On his second visit, he managed to open the window of this toilet cubicle by turning the lever even though the handle had been sawn off.

Noting this critical security weakness, he then actively planned to escape.

He began a routine to close the door of that toilet cubicle and turn on the tap in the cubicle on his next visits. He was trying to get the guards used to this routine during his family visits.

He also started hanging his pants over the top of the cubicle door, so as to deceive the guards into thinking that if his pants were still hanging over the top of the door, he was still inside the cubicle.

He planned his escape during his family visit on Feb 27, 2008.

On that day, when he was taken out of his cell to a changing room to change into civilian clothes in preparation for his weekly family visit, he did not take off his WRDC uniform but instead put on another two layers of civilian clothing over the uniform - he first put on a dark green baju kurung and dark blue pants, and then a light green baju kurung and grey pants.

He claimed that he had put on three layers of clothing.

Mas Selamat was then taken by two Gurkha guards to the Family Visitation Block.

He was first taken to the toilet before seeing his family. He went into the specific toilet cubicle which he knew had the unsecured ventilation window.

One guard went into the toilet with him and waited outside the cubicle. Another guard waited outside the toilet.

Mas Selamat then went through his routine of closing the cubicle door, hanging a pair of pants over the top of the cubicle door, and turning on the tap.

He then pushed open the unsecured window and climbed out of the toilet cubicle window.

He said that he threw two packets of toilet rolls that were in the cubicle out of the window to cushion his landing.

When he was standing outside the toilet, he observed that the fences to the left and in front of him were too high to scale. He made his way to the right hand side and came to a slope where two fences met.

One of the fences had a roof next to it; he climbed the fence and threw one of the packets of toilet rolls onto the roof, before climbing onto the roof.

He made his way to the edge of the roof and threw the bag of toilet rolls onto the grass on the external side of the fence, to cushion his landing, then jumped off the roof over the fence and landed on the grass outside of the WRDC.

Having escaped from the WRDC, he headed into the forested area.

Mas Selamat said that while he was in the forested area, he took off the light green baju kurung and threw it on the ground, as the guards had seen him in that garb and he did not want to be recognised or detected.'

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mah "Have babies w/o Hse is gd" Bowel Dung parl 18 Oct 2010 :

"We have taken an approach of having few calibrated steps rather than to take one big step or one big bang approach to try to cool the market down."

:oIo: Meaning to say ...... The inept evil PAP gov take many panic reactive steps rather than one competent pro-active step. Burn in Hell PAP cult !!!

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST Oct 19, 2010
NTU president to step down
Dr Su leaves important legacy after 8 years at the helm; he will stay on as professor
By Jane Ng

NANYANG Technological University (NTU) president Su Guaning, 60, will step down in June next year, after being at the helm for eight years.

He will be succeeded by the university's provost, Professor Bertil Andersson, 61. The new provost will be Professor Freddy Boey, 54, who currently heads the school of materials science and engineering.

'It will be difficult for me to put down a burden that has also been a joy and a source of energy over the last eight years. But renewal is a crucial stage in the life cycle of universities,' he said in a statement.

:oIo: "Renewal" by getting an even older fock head ... U believe the lies fr Prof Sio Gan ning ????

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Satan Spawn "gov no guarantee u can go into train" Loong CNN's 30th anniversary biz dialogue ST 21 Oct 2010 :

"If we (PAP gov) had known how quickly the pace of change would accelerate and how much our people would be under pressure from globalisation... we would have put even more resources in."

:oIo: So iz any PAP ministar responsible or accountable fer the crashed helicopter vision, if no, shove ur heli's corroded valve into ur focking cock, jas fock back to Hell asshole !!!

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
:oIo: N while peasants suffer ................

Haze in Singapore hits unhealthy range
Posted: 21 October 2010 1801 hrs

SINGAPORE: The haze enveloping Singapore reached unhealthy levels on Thursday, with the PSI recording hitting a high of 108.

The National Environment Agency (NEA) says the three-hour Pollutant Standards Index (PSI) reading rose to 108 at 6pm, after crossing over the 100-mark at 5pm.

..... "We are a bit disappointed with what's happening; this is not the first time that we have informed the Indonesians that they should pay attention to the hotspots both in Sumatra and Borneo," Dr Ibrahim said.

...... "OMG... No wonder I'm feeling so terrible today," said candycetoh in a message on the social messaging site Twitter.

Eunicekohh tweeted: "I'm already tearing and can't breathe properly."

In a Facebook post, Farin Jaffar said he was "super irritated" with the haze.

"I can feel my eyes getting watery," he wrote.

:oIo: Focker Yaacob ......

Oct 21, 2010
Engineering alumni award for Yaacob

THE Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, Dr Yaacob Ibrahim, received the Distinguished Engineering Alumni Award from the National University of Singapore's (NUS) engineering faculty last night.

Dr Yaacob graduated with honours from NUS with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering in 1980. He then pursued a Master of Science in civil engineering, also at NUS, before doing his doctorate at Stanford University.

He also did a stint as both an educator and a researcher at the NUS department of industrial and systems engineering before joining politics in 1997.

:oIo: Now guess who's fock up idea tis civil engineering proposal came fr .......

PUB to raise road levels in Orchard
By Imelda Saad | Posted: 21 October 2010 1215 hrs

SINGAPORE: A 1.4 kilometre low-lying stretch in Orchard Road will be raised to protect it against flash floods.

On June 16, Singapore's premier shopping belt was hit by one of the worst floods in recent history when the Stamford Canal, designed to discharge excess water to the sea, could not cope with two successive bursts of intense rainfall, causing rainwater to overflow onto the roads.

National water agency PUB said the problem does not lie with the canal as it is serving its purpose.

The authorities decided to raise the level of Orchard Road by an average of 30 centimetres to prevent rainwater from overflowing onto the roads.

Some parts will be raised up to 50 centimetres.

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
K viper-tongue "SG workers R picky" Shanmugam TODAY 25 Oct 2010 on need for CPF min sum b4 withdrawal :

"There are many places that people can lose several thousands in a single day or hour and if all their money (in CPF) is withdrawn, they will not have the means to support themselves in the next few decades of their life."

:oIo: So its not ok fer me to use my $$ n lose "several thousands in a single day", but its OK fer Temasick n GIC to use my $$ n lose several millions in a single day?? Fock the demonic black viper !!!!

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
A recalcitrant law-breaker taught a lesson by the SG judiciary with huge reduction in sentence ..... The moral of the story, in Satanic SG, foreigners good, locals hanged.

Oct 30, 2010
Restaurateur's jail term cut to 1 day on appeal
By Selina Lum

PROMINENT restaurateur Giuseppe De Vito, 38, was yesterday jailed a day and fined $3,000 for driving while banned from getting behind the wheel.

The jail term was meted out by the High Court after he appealed against his sentence of six weeks' jail and a $500 fine handed down by a district court in August.

The Italian, a permanent resident here who is better known as Beppe De Vito, runs Il Lido at Sentosa Golf Club and Forlino at One Fullerton.

In September 2008, he was banned from driving for two years after being convicted of drink driving, running two red lights and being abusive towards a policeman. He was also fined $8,600.

But in September last year, he was caught driving by a traffic police officer along Commonwealth Avenue.

In August this year, he was jailed six weeks for driving under disqualification and fined $500 for driving without insurance. He was also given a three-year driving ban.

But De Vito appealed to the High Court against the jail term, arguing he deserved only a fine.

His lawyer Julian Tay told the High Court that after De Vito was banned from driving two years ago, he hired a full-time driver to ferry him around on weekdays.

But on Sept 13 last year, his wife, who was then in the early stages of pregnancy, suddenly felt unwell and discovered she had vaginal bleeding.

Mr Tay said the couple became anxious as she had been experiencing a difficult pregnancy and De Vito was thinking of how he could rush her for medical help should the bleeding continue.

:oIo: Yeah rite !!! SG got no hospital ambulance, got no phone svc, only trishaws n man-packed SAF stretchers !!!! Fock the liar !!!!

When he noticed that the car's petrol tank was almost empty, he decided to drive to the nearest petrol station to top it up. Shortly after driving out from their Holland Hill house, he was stopped at a spot check along Commonwealth Avenue.

The lawyer said De Vito was compelled to drive as he was then faced with a medical emergency.

Mr Tay added that his client has since arranged for the driver to be on duty on weekends too, and that the distance travelled was less than 1km, although Deputy Public Prosecutor Terence Chua said Google Maps gave a distance of 2.7km.

The DPP argued that nothing in medical reports showed that De Vito's wife was bleeding on the day in question. He also argued that if there was a genuine medical emergency, instead of going to get a petrol top-up, De Vito would have called for an ambulance or driven his wife to the hospital immediately. The DPP also noted there were other petrol stations nearer to De Vito's home.

But Justice Choo Han Teck allowed the appeal after considering the short distance travelled and De Vito's personal circumstances. But he stressed that this case was not to be used as a sentencing guideline for future cases.

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tired, still drink alcohol, drive n kill someone, but no jail ..... The moral of the story, in Satanic SG, rich men gd, poor peasants better book ur place in crematorium early while still got vacancy.

:oIo: If u tink the SG judiciary hv gotten worse aft Black Viper K.Sham bcum Law ministar, u r not alone.

Oct 30, 2010
Man spared jail over fatal collision
He dozed off and hit a church-goer
By Elena Chong & Goh Chin Lian

A BUSINESS development manager on Thursday escaped a jail term for having hit and killed a church-goer near the Church of the Holy Spirit along Upper Thomson Road last November.

Ng Jui Chuan, 34, who could have been jailed for up to two years, was instead fined a total of $9,500; he was also banned from driving for three years.

The crux of the hearing was whether his falling asleep at the wheel moments before he ploughed into Madam Mok Sow Loon, 76, and her husband was one of negligence, or of rashness.

He had been charged and tried on the charge of causing death by a rash act - for which a jail term of up to five years would have been the norm - but District Judge Low Wee Ping amended the charges after the trial so his sentence was on the lesser charge of negligence.

The prosecution may appeal.

That stretch of road outside the Catholic church made the news once again, three months after Madam Mok's death, when former Olympian Tan Eng Yoon, 82, lost his life. He was then crossing the road after having attended mass at the church.

After these deaths, the authorities tried making that stretch of road safer, such as by erecting centre divider railings to stop pedestrians from crossing there, by broadening the walkways and putting up signs and road markers to remind motorists of the 60kmh speed limit.

The accident which Ng wishes had not happened had its roots in his fatigue early that Nov 8 morning. He had finished work at midnight and had spent the next few hours at a friend's home in Yishun, where he had two glasses of wine.

:oIo: So tired he even drink ... exhaustion + alcohol + driving = Killer on wheels ....

By the time he got into his car to drive to his Shunfu home, it was 6am. He dozed off once up the road, slapped himself awake and thought he could make it home.

Apparently not. Because of him, Madam Mok did not make it to morning mass that day. Her husband, Mr Wee Song Mong, 77, sustained bruises.

Citing aggravating factors, Deputy Public Prosecutor Geraldine Kang urged the court to jail Ng at least 10 months and to bar him from driving for at least 10 years. She said he had been rash and that dozing off while driving was an aggravating factor; he could have taken public transport if he was tired, she added.

'The accused, despite having been awake for 22 hours, did not do the civic-conscientious thing - he chose to drive simply because it was convenient for him,' she said.

But Ng's lawyer Raymond Lye said his client's nodding off was an act of negligence, not rashness.

District Judge Low, who described the accident as very unfortunate, agreed with Mr Lye, which was how the charges were stepped down to those for negligence.

In mitigation, Mr Lye said his client had never fallen asleep while driving and that he was not a heavy drinker.

Urging the court to only fine his client, the lawyer pointed out that Ng had stayed at the scene to help the couple, and on realising Madam Mok was dead, became distraught.

Despite the reputation of that stretch of road, however, pedestrians there continue to dice with death. The Straits Times counted 10 people dashing across the road there within an hour yesterday.

The centre divider did little to deter them. They simply trekked along it until they came to where there was a break in the railing to create room for a U-turn for traffic.

Those who were interviewed cited laziness and their confidence in their reflexes as reasons for not walking 100m to the nearest traffic light or about 300m to the overhead bridge outside Thomson Plaza.

Private school lecturer Stephen Chong, 60, said: 'It's dangerous, but I can see there aren't any cars further up. The bridge is too far.'

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has said it is not feasible to install an escalator nor ramps for the overhead bridge.

Putting in more traffic lights would also add congestion to the busy road, its spokesman said.

Under consideration now is the proposal to move the U-turn further away, so the cars lining up to make the turn do not block the view of pedestrians trying to cross the road. No time frame has been set for a decision on this. In the meantime, the church has been reminding its parishioners not to jaywalk.

The reminders and memory of the two accidents have worked for nurse Letchumy Chelvadurai, 66, who now uses the bridge or the traffic lights. She said: 'The accidents are frightening. I dare not do it any more.'

[email protected]

[email protected]

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh "SG fortunate to hv crowded train" Choke Tong ST 30 Oct 2010 :

"When you have a five-member GRC, you have five MPs attending to the resident population. The engagement in the GRC is actually more. Each MP services his own particular ward in the larger division, and very often they come together as a group. The minister there has to appear in every ward. If Marine Parade were a single-member constituency, I as a minister would only be serving my own ward in Marine Parade. But in a GRC, I have to service residents in Braddell Heights, Mountbatten and other areas as well."

:oIo: Holy satanic verse !!! Tis evil mudder focker says PAP ministar only serves his GRC ward, not the entire SG dats y must hv ministar voted in GRC !!!! N fer dat taxpayers pay 'em millions ea yr !??????

No wunder bodoh Yaacob cunt ctrl Orchard flood, not his ward wat ! But then his Jln Besar GRC oso got flood ..... bodoh cannot make it .....

ST 5 Sep 2010 : "It is important that we do not complain too much when we can't get the house that we want, we can't get the carpark that we want, when the MRT trains are a little crowded. We are in fact quite fortunate. These are problems created by our own success. There are many people who are not able to benefit from our overall success."

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh "SG peasants gripe and drone on like vuvuzelas" Choke Tong ST 30 Oct 2010 :

"When we (PAP) go on house-to-house visits, very often we come to someone who says, 'I've never seen you, only at election time. My reply has always been, 'Yes, how come I've never seen you?'."

:oIo: Get it peasants ??? pls personally pay ur visit n respect to the PAP mafia wif kowtows n goodies b4 asking fer favor, else u die ur biz ..... burn in Hell evil PAP cult !!!!

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Carbon tax needed if global emission-curbing regime arises: PM Lee
By Satish Cheney | Posted: 01 November 2010 1404 hrs

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said Singapore would have to implement a carbon tax to send the right price signals if there were a global regime to curb carbon emissions.

He said it was not enough to just push for efficiency gains because of the rebound effect.

Consumers would just use more efficient appliances more often, thereby increasing overall consumption.

So, there's a need to impose a charge to induce consumers to change their behaviour.

:oIo: So aft all the effort listening to evil PAP gov to use green refrigerator, green light bulbs, green washing machines, green TV, not to mention green cars n green buildings, this satanic bludy colorectal scum son of satan now invent a new excuse wanna to impose new carbon tax to impoverish the peasants even more n fatten his focking wife's capital pool !!! I say may a billion vermins gnaw ur organs alive in Hell evil Satan's spawn Lee Hsien Loong of demonic PAP cult !!!

Mr Lee said this at the Singapore Energy Lecture on Monday.

He said this was part of a four-pronged strategy to prepare itself for the future energy landscape.

"If there's a global regime to curb carbon emissions, that means that Singapore will have to reduce our own emissions more sharply than we are doing now, in order to comply with international obligations, and we would have to make the carbon price explicit to send the right price signals," said PM Lee.

Singapore is also diversifying its energy supplies as well as investing in energy research and innovation.

Mr Lee said there are many uncertainties surrounding the energy climate. So, Singapore is diversifying its energy supplies as well as investing in energy research.

The prime minister noted that several Southeast Asian countries are planning to build nuclear power plants.

Given its small size, safety is a major concern for Singapore.

At the same time, he said the nuclear energy option could not be totally dismissed.

"There is often strong resistance in countries - from the green movement, from populations who have witnessed accidents like Chernobyl, and are fearful and anxious about their safety. But if we look at this rationally, without nuclear energy, the world cannot make sufficient progress in dealing with global warming," said Mr Lee.

He added it would be a long time before Singapore takes any decision on nuclear energy, but it should ready itself to do so.

-CNA/wk/ls

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
:oIo: The evil PAP cult has disclose 4 items in their election manifesto ..... Tis GE, the peasants' souls r at stake, satanic PAP is coming to get U

1. Nuclear energy fer SG by a grp of vermins who cant even tell the truth in the 1st instant on SARS, XDR-TB, drug-resistance MRSA n NDM-1, HFM, gas-pipe leaks ... u trust 'em to tell u abt a radioactive leak?

Nov 2, 2010
Govt preparing for nuclear power option
We need to be ready when time comes for us to make a decision: PM

2. Raising retirement age to 68 n beyond, say bye bye to ur CPF peasants, n update ur CV till age 80!

Nov 2, 2010
Re-employment can allow Singaporeans to work until 68

3. A new tax fer everyone dat will hurt the poor more than the rich, n then raise the GST again to "help the poor" who r hurt by the carbon tax!

Nov 2, 2010
A price on carbon if climate pact is inked
PM Lee says this will send right message to consumers, businesses

4. If u xpec SMRT n SBS to absorb the cost, u oso xpec Satan Lee to declare date of death of JBJ as a nat'l holiday!!

Nov 2, 2010
SMRT beefs up security at bus and train depots

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teo "During an economic downturn, the Youth Olympics can be a positive force amid all the negativity" Ser Luck CNA 7 Nov 2010, bravado :

"It's important that every politician fights for their own vote."

Fact .... coward came to power by hiding inside GRC team while Teo Chee Hean fight to secure the coward's "own" vote .....

Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC 2006 GE team :
Ahmad Magad
Chong You Fook Charles
Low Penny
Palmer Michael Anthony

Teo Chee Hean
Teo Ser Luck
... squeak squeak, mommy help ~~~~ i'm too 'gd looking' to fail ~~~

Goh Choke Tong St 27 Jun 2007 :

"Without some assurance of a good chance of winning at least their first election, many able and successful young Singaporeans may not risk their careers to join politics.....Why should they when they are on the way up in the civil service, the SAF, and in the professions or the corporate world?"

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
:oIo: Demon's mouth piece go all out to tarnish Qantas .... but the fact remains dat in the past 30 yrs Qantas has not lost a single psg to a jet plane accident, n none of its subsidiaries has lost a single psg to a jet plane accident. The dead souls of SIA SQ006 n Silkair MI185 will agree wif dat fact.

The fact oso remains SIA has its share of engine failures, tyre burst, overrun into grass verge, fuel pump malfunction, close shave hitting other airplanes, but all lightly reported n quickly closed.

So to Satan Lee n his precious SIA, fock U to Hell !!! I'll take affordable n safe Qantas anytime over arrogant, elitist expensive n dangerous SIA !!!!

Qantas plane makes emergency landing in S'pore
Posted: 04 November 2010 1135 hr

Indonesians describe explosion, debris from Qantas jet
Posted: 04 November 2010 1300 hrs

Qantas extends A380 grounding as it probes oil leaks
Posted: 08 November 2010 0724 hrs

SIA's A380 checks find nothing alarming
By Hetty Musfirah Abdul Khamid | Posted: 08 November 2010 1557 hrs

Qantas plane takeoff delayed due to technical hitch
Posted: 08 November 2010 1711 hrs

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
The lie ...........

SIA's A380 checks find nothing alarming
By Hetty Musfirah Abdul Khamid | Posted: 08 November 2010 1557 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore Airlines (SIA) has said it "did not find anything of concern" after completing engine inspections on all 11 of its A380 aircraft.

the truth ........... a mega cover up!!!!

SIA to change three A380s' engines
Posted: 10 November 2010 0925 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore Airlines (SIA) said Wednesday it had grounded three Airbus A380 planes to carry out "precautionary" engine changes following a mid-air engine failure on a Qantas-operated superjumbo.

"Based on further analysis of inspection findings as the investigation into last week's incident involving another operator's Airbus A380 is progressing, Singapore Airlines will be carrying out precautionary engine changes on three A380s," the carrier said in a statement.

SIA said Rolls-Royce had advised the carrier to change the engines after tests showed oil stains on them.

This is to ensure that the cause of the oil staining can be determined.

:oIo: So aft declaring nothing of concern, we r now told the tests actually reveal unexplained oil stains !!!!! SIA try to cover up but RR tells all dats y we hear the news. Fock the satanic PAP n SIA cronies to eternal hell !!!! Take SIA at ur own risk !!!!

"We were advised by Rolls-Royce in particular that these three engines had signs of oil stains," she said, stressing the issue was different from the problem that affected the Qantas A380 plane last week.

"It really, truly is a precautionary thing, we don't want to take risks," the SIA spokeswoman said.