• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sake Anyone?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please don't drink sake together with full meal, especially anything spicy , the Japanese way is to nibble on tsumami, little snacks. Sashimi is, of course, a classic, but sushi and sake, being both made from rice, do not mix.:smile:

Yes, that's what my Japanese ex-girlfriend advised. Sake with sashimi or soba dishes is OK, but not with sushi or rice dishes. It's not the mixture of rice and rice, it's the mixture of rice and fermented rice that's not good.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best is if your girl take a warm sake shot before sleeping with you...she'll become a tigress...all the way! :biggrin:

Good idea ..... :smile:

this afternoon call Siow Fei to hotel and buy one bottle MARTEL (All the Way) ..... and try 2 shots ... although take some time to rise .... All the Way !!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mao.......tai....... the best lah!

if like me you go china regularly or have lots of PRC friends, you will endless supply of these heavenly drink

if you are really missing out on the good life by not having any PRC friends, you can still buy it at the corner shop in chinatown, or you can go to the emporium in people's park

Is it the one in white bottle with red label?

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it the one in white bottle with red label?

Tis one lah....

mao%20tai%20jiu.jpg

BTW, it is NOT a cheap chinese wine. The vintage bottles rival good whiskies in price.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes that's the one. I first tried it in a mountain farm near Guilin, breakfast time!

Best breakfast ever. Big table with central grille roasting fresh pork for breakfast. Glasses and Maotai on the rounds.

I was happily drinking and eating until my PRC girlfriend told me, that's 小珍 I was grilling and chewing on.

Wah lao eh, I was just playing with that piggy last night and they slaughtered it for breakfast!

My PRC girlfriend said, don't worry, it's enough meat to last through lunch and dinner for all of us.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sake is really good stuff !

After realising how little I knew about Sake and worse, I was drinking it wrongly, I vowed to rectify this oversight last Saturday.

Extensive field testing on Satuday resulted in me sleeping at 6 pm and waking up at 4 am in the morning.

To my surpise, the hangover was very mild. No vomitting and just the smallest bit of headache. Spent Sunday recovering and sober to catch the big match in the evening.

When shopping for sake last Saturday, I noticed that there is a specaility sushi/sashimi stall tucked in an obscure corner in the basement of Parkway. They have a wide selection of sake to go with your sashimi. The prices appear quite similar to Cold Storage and they have a very wide variety of Sake not carried at Cold Storage. Anybody try this place before?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hai...sake ii desu...

i like it cold..Singapore too hot...cannot imagine drinking warm sake unless sipping it from a woman's body...u noe...those type where u eat sushi off a naked woman...hee

anyways, i dun like dry sake ...once i bought a sweet sake from Isetan..very good..cannot remember name and cannot find back...anyone got good recommendation of something sweet, no so dry?

Have soft spot for sake...very easy to drink and before u noe it...the alcohol hits you :cool:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Extensive field testing on Satuday resulted in me sleeping at 6 pm and waking up at 4 am in the morning.

To my surpise, the hangover was very mild. No vomitting and just the smallest bit of headache. Spent Sunday recovering and sober to catch the big match in the evening.

When shopping for sake last Saturday, I noticed that there is a specaility sushi/sashimi stall tucked in an obscure corner in the basement of Parkway. They have a wide selection of sake to go with your sashimi. The prices appear quite similar to Cold Storage and they have a very wide variety of Sake not carried at Cold Storage. Anybody try this place before?

Drank correctly, there's no such thing as vomitting or hangover. You'll just get a restful and revitaliting sleep. Thanks for the Parkway tip. I shall look for it next time I go Parkway.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
alcohol content differs between sake, wine, and beer. Wine generally contains 9–16% alcohol , and most beer is 3–9%, whereas undiluted sake is 18–20% alcohol, although this is often lowered to around 15% by diluting the sake with water prior to bottling.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Drank correctly, there's no such thing as vomitting or hangover. You'll just get a restful and revitaliting sleep. Thanks for the Parkway tip. I shall look for it next time I go Parkway.

Har? got drink correctly or incorrectly one ah? I remember my 30th birthday dinner at a jap restaurant.. I drank so much sake that I felt like Godzilla was running rampage in my head the next day.

But I have to say the sake was very easy to drink. It was also quite smooth to puke. Didn't burn my throat on the way out. :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Har? got drink correctly or incorrectly one ah? I remember my 30th birthday dinner at a jap restaurant.. I drank so much sake that I felt like Godzilla was running rampage in my head the next day.

But I have to say the sake was very easy to drink. It was also quite smooth to puke. Didn't burn my throat on the way out. :biggrin:

okay negro. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hahaha! You must've been gulping and binging, not drinking correctly.

Drinking it correctly is warming it up and sip it, not gulp it. Chatting with friends is best, like 煮酒论英雄。Drinking alone is best with reading a book or watching TV, sipping now and then. Even a moderate or casual drinker should be able to do that all night long without getting drunk, vomitting or hangover tomorrow morning.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hahaha! You must've been gulping and binging, not drinking correctly.

Drinking it correctly is warming it up and sip it, not gulp it. Chatting with friends is best, like 煮酒论英雄。Drinking alone is best with reading a book or watching TV, sipping now and then. Even a moderate or casual drinker should be able to do that all night long without getting drunk, vomitting or hangover tomorrow morning.

chose a high grade sake to avoid hangover ...

with high grade sake , you can even drink the whole bottle by yourself without the hangover ...try Sake TAMANOHIKARI. TAMANOHIKARI is made from the best quality Sake-making rice after polishing the grains to remove 55% of the original covering. Using "Omachi rice" or "Okuhomare rice", with the highest-grade rice components in each grain . :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chose a high grade sake to avoid hangover ...

With high grade sake , you can even drink the whole bottle by yourself without the hangover ...try sake tamanohikari. Tamanohikari is made from the best quality sake-making rice after polishing the grains to remove 55% of the original covering. Using "omachi rice" or "okuhomare rice", with the highest-grade rice components in each grain . :smile:

君の言うことは勿論本当です。残念ながら、俺はとても貧乏だから、月桂冠だけお金足ります。失礼です。

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
君の言うことは勿論本当です。残念ながら、俺はとても貧乏だから、月桂冠だけお金足ります。失礼です。

貧しい人々は言い訳良い酒を楽しむためにされていません ( being poor is not an excuse to enjoy a good sake ) :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
そうでしょ、良い酒を飲んで、乾杯!:d

もしあなたが、私はまだ理解できる日本語..面白いを話す。私はしたい場合はとにかく、私だけ酒を飲むことになるアルコールを飲むこと。私には他のアルコール。:smile: