• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rome and Singapore

Trout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucius Vorenus: Why should the Republic be changed and the nobles outplaced?

Gaius Julius Caesar: Because the Roman people are suffering, because slaves have taken all the work, because nobles have taken all the land, and because the streets are filled with the homeless and the starving.

Do you see parallels with Singapore in this? And if you are in the opinion that history will repeat itself, where does this put us?

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gaius Julius Caesar: Because the Roman people are suffering, because slaves have taken all the work, because nobles have taken all the land, and because the streets are filled with the homeless and the starving.

Do you see parallels with Singapore in this? And if you are in the opinion that history will repeat itself, where does this put us?

My goodness dear Trout, you're back. I miss you so much. But I'd have to say, Singapore isn't at that stage, at least not yet. Our streets are now filled with expensive cars and well fed middle classes, not with the homeless and the starving. However, of course we mustn't be complacent and fail to see the signs of things to come if we lose control.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eatshitndie said:
it led to the ides of march. beware the ides of march.

Isn't Augustus already Emperor? We know who is Cassius. But where is Brutus? Where is Anthony? These things cannot be. But I see Nero playing on his fiddle while Rome is burning.

Boss_555

Alfrescian
Loyal
The parallel I see is that early Singapore was like the Roman republic under Caesar. Current Singapore is like the Roman Empire in decline.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The parallel I see is that early Singapore was like the Roman republic under Caesar. Current Singapore is like the Roman Empire in decline.

The Roman Emperor Nero was playing the fiddle while Rome was burning, let us pray and pray that there is no parallel here ....

Trout

Alfrescian
Loyal
My goodness dear Trout, you're back. I miss you so much. But I'd have to say, Singapore isn't at that stage, at least not yet. Our streets are now filled with expensive cars and well fed middle classes, not with the homeless and the starving. However, of course we mustn't be complacent and fail to see the signs of things to come if we lose control.

I have never been away. Just watching from the side. :smile:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eh are U suggest the Lee family replace the system with a Monarchy? U do realize Julius Caesar was the one who played a crucial role in displacing democracy right. Maybe the next step LHL will be doing is to declare himself dictator in perpetuity. Who will play the assassin?

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree. now all we need is some mad emperor to take his place, and then we can all be slaughtered by goths/indonesians.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't Augustus already Emperor? We know who is Cassius. But where is Brutus? Where is Anthony? These things cannot be. But I see Nero playing on his fiddle while Rome is burning.

We already have an anThONY, 'rome' ( Bukom) is burning, "nero" ( aka the man at the cul de sac) had been 'fiddling' for 4 decades..the signs are there...just beware the ides of March!:rolleyes: