• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ridiculous increase in number of Foreigners in Singapore for the last 3 years!!

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
This would also account for the exponential rise in property prices over the last 3 years. What now with so many greedy developers knocking over old developments for smaller albeit pricier and swanky ones. Lee is in an unsavoury position, he has to keep the foreigners numbers up to sustain his house of cards. Meanwhile Lee and family will slowly but surely sell of state assets to foreigners starting with SPC.

The foreigners are here to earn $$$, when the economy goes down, and they have no jobs, they will leave. So just you watch the property prices drop in time to come. very soon.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also puzzled. I even heard of an Indian accountant who agreed on $800. I am not sure if its to put their foot thru the door. I also understand that the same happens with PRC chaps.

I do recall that maids and nurses in the early years would not be accepted in Canada unless they had prior experience in places like Singapore.

Yup, many of these foreigners or PR just use Singapore as a stepping stone to look for greener pastures elsewhere. 'Sit on the mule & look for a horse'. :(

Addadude

Alfrescian
Loyal
This would also account for the exponential rise in property prices over the last 3 years. What now with so many greedy developers knocking over old developments for smaller albeit pricier and swanky ones. Lee is in an unsavoury position, he has to keep the foreigners numbers up to sustain his house of cards. Meanwhile Lee and family will slowly but surely sell of state assets to foreigners starting with SPC.

Well it won't be the FT programmers willing to work for <$1500 per month who will be renting or buying these apartments. Nor will it be the tens of thousands who are supposed to be employed by the IRs.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Australia it's AGAINST THE LAW to pay a skilled immigrant below the standard wage. The employee and worker both get into trouble.

In sinkapore it's lowest bidder wins. Lowest bidder then brings his whole village over and takes over the department. What happens next, is a story we already know.....

Yup, an example is many Malaysians dominate certain industries like manufacturing, motor insurance & repairs etc. Once they reached middle management position, they will prefer to recruit their own countrymen by promising them with PR application. Singaporeans normally lose out to Malaysians when it comes to work or office politics. :(

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kojak, it would not come to this if the island nation wasn't so reliant on "foreigners" to do so many things for them.

Folks in other industrialised countries too have their paper chase and career ambitions, but still do their own things on their own. Singaporeans won't even take their trays back at food places. NS "men" need their mamas to fetch them to camp, and back! In many areas I disagree with the policy-makers and their mouthpiece, but in this "complacency" (or attitude?) situation, it's the (majority of) the citizens' own doing. In any case, migration from rural areas to cities has been ongoing for millenium; only difference for Sg is that its "rurals" are from outside her borders.

Sorry bud, this is what I observe and conclude; would be much nicer if things turned out some other way. But how?

Cheers!

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not into programming, but with their skills, they can always go else where too right? Why settle for 1500/mth? Not enough to cover their HDB and other overheads. Any GOOD programmers will move else where to make a living, certainly not singapore for that amount of money.

Ah... my friend... looks like you are not very familiar with what's going on in the ground.

First of all, they can't go to US that easily. US would be their 1st choice. And reason is because US Congress limits on the number of H1B visas to be given to FTs every year... I think it's something like 100K or so per year. Only the prostitute PAP gives out our work passes like santa clause.

2ndly, Indian FTs don't think in terms of S$ but Rupees. $1500 a month is about Rs50,000 a month. In India, an average accountant only earns Rs10,000 and an ordinary factory worker, under their min pay law is about Rs2,000 a month.

So, you bring up a good point, how can they survive in Singapore with $1500. First of all, they will squeeze with 4 other fellas in a HDB room. At $500 per HDB room rental, they will only pay $125 a month. Plus makan (prepare own makan.... most of them are vegetarians and dont eat in our food court anyway) and transport, may be another $200-300 more. So, for $500, it's more than enough for them to live in Singapore, letting them save $1000 a month (ie, Rs33,000 a month). This is more than enough to pay for even 3 families in India (their kids and wives in India)!

You ask yourself, can Sinkies pay for 1 family in Singapore for $1500?

And these people will work for 5-7 years in Singapore, although very frugally and sufferings in Singapore. But that's ok. In 7 years time, they would have saved $84,000, and that's RS2.7 Million !!! They go back as millionaires! And just to let you know, an acre of agriculture land is about S$3000. So with these money, they go back and buy land and can become landowners.

Can singaporeans be landowners or not?

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, we are generally getting the 2nd,3rd,4th rate people here... regardless, they are affecting the Singapore social environment as well as our jobs, not to mention depressing our salaries...

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kojak, it would not come to this if the island nation wasn't so reliant on "foreigners" to do so many things for them.

Actually, in a lot of the 1st world countries, you would notice that event he whites will do the blue collar works, e.g. garbage collector, construction worker etc...

Are Singaporeans so stuck up and refuesed to do blue collar work at all?

It boils down to $$$.... did you know that in UK, construction workers get the same pay as a fresh grad?

But in Singapore, because of our over-liberal FT policy, the over supply of FTs help to depress our salaries... Remember, $800 to a bangla worker is a lot in terms of Rupees. If PAP start restricting FTs coming here to work like in 1st world countries, supply and demand will dictate that blue collar salaries will increase. At $2K, do you think Singaporeans willing to work as tree cutter?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot comprehend the mentality of this govt. Till to day, I see 5 people trimming branches of a tree when only 2 is required in OZ. I see 5 people digging trenches when only 1 does it in 1st world countries. Thats the reason why productivity is so low. When you have minimum wages, you get people thinking of ways to be improve productivity.

In Australia it's AGAINST THE LAW to pay a skilled immigrant below the standard wage. The employee and worker both get into trouble.

In sinkapore it's lowest bidder wins. Lowest bidder then brings his whole village over and takes over the department. What happens next, is a story we already know.....

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The foreigners are here to earn $$$, when the economy goes down, and they have no jobs, they will leave. So just you watch the property prices drop in time to come. very soon.

i really hope so, i hope it drop to half the peak value.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinky, "What to do, you peasant dun want to work, dun want to give birth and want so much welfare. The FT came here want to work hard and not even have welfare. And when settle down with their families coming in, it at least add 3-4 digit to the population."

And he can justisfy his million pay that he can bring to hell! :oIo:

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually we need these ppl to work the 'graveyard shift' in the IRs (& other places) ... many IR jobs coming up but all requiring 3 rotating shifts ... which s'porean wants to work nite shift ? i, for one, don't ...

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
which s'porean wants to work nite shift ? i, for one, don't ...

In this world, money talks... you pay the right price, people will do it... nevermind if they are Singaporeans, Angmos, Indians, PRCS etc...

Like I've said. People from 3rd world cuntries cumming to Singapore willing to do dirty jobs for "perceived" low salaries by Singaporeans are not low by their own 3rd world cuntries std.

Even at $800 sweeping floors, a bangla is getting Rs26,400. Minimum wage in India is about Rs100 day which means an ordinary unskill worker is getting Rs2000+ a day....

In other words, $800 to a sinkie is low but to a bangla worker, it's more than 10 times the salary of what he can get back home.... it's like we Sinkies go to some super 1st world cuntry to earn S$8000 a month just sweeping floors, you want to work there?

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Picture median of 15,256 new immigrant per month !

And just to add, there is a lot of frigging scams going on in the FT market. A lot of them cum here with no work but must pay S$8-10K to middlemen which will split with the Sinkie Towkay. The Sinkie Towkay will sponsor them for the work passes....then these people go around working illegally here and there...

MOM tries to catch some but I tell u, the whole industry is corrupted. Dont believe next time if you see an FT waiter, pump attendant, worker etc, just ask them if they pay anything to cum to Singapore to work... PRCs will tell you a rate of $8-10K. Bangla cheaper $5-7K.

The whole system sux!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE+HEALTHCARE.jpg