• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ridiculous increase in number of Foreigners in Singapore for the last 3 years!!

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
2ecql4j.jpg

(source: http://www.singstat.gov.sg/)

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
The graph above covers only the FTs. PRs are not included. Note that our Dept of Stat figures don't separate out the PR numbers. PRs are lumped together with Singaporeans and are classifed as "Residents" with us together.

In the last 3 years alone, Foreigners (not including PRs) increase from 798,000 in 2005 to 1,196,700 last year 2008!

[COLOR=_______]That's an increase of almost 400,000 Foreigners or 50% over the last 3 years !!![/COLOR]

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the economy get worse, you see alot leaving too, very soon.......

They are here for $$$ and work. When there are no jobs for them, they leave.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
The FT increase is ACCELERATING. This is the most scary part!!! Every year for the last 5 years, we get even more increase in number of FTs over the previous year's figure.

At this rate, NS-serving Singaporeans and their families will be extinct!

729clc.jpg

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the economy get worse, you see alot leaving too, very soon.......

They are here for $$$ and work. When there are no jobs for them, they leave.

If PAP continues to give them permits to stay, they can easily lower their salaries expectations to compete with Singaporeans... it's already happening. Indian programmers with degrees are now asking below $1,500!

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>13930.14 in reply to 13930.10 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

For the last 5 years, the % increase of FTs is quite linear. Using trendline analysis, I extrapolated the line to get the % increase of FTs for the next 5 years. This is what I get:

2004 0.7%
2005 5.9%
2006 9.7%
2007 14.8%
2008 19.0%

2009 23.7% (extrapolated)
2010 28.3% (extrapolated)
2011 32.9% (extrapolated)
2012 37.4% (extrapolated)
2013 42.0% (extrapolated)

And when you work backwards, this would be how the FT population be line in Singapore for the next 5 years:

Numbe of FT population

2004 753,400
2005 798,000
2006 875,500
2007 1,005,500
2008 1,196,700

2009 1,480,677 (extrapolated)
2010 1,899,560 (extrapolated)
2011 2,523,566 (extrapolated)
2012 3,467,632 (extrapolated)
2013 4,922,997 (extrapolated)

Which means in 3-4 years time by 2012-2013, FT population of 3.4M-4.9M will completely outstrip that of Singaporeans. We will become a minority in our own nation - an Alien Nation !!!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If PAP continues to give them permits to stay, they can easily lower their salaries expectations to compete with Singaporeans... it's already happening. Indian programmers with degrees are now asking below $1,500!

They can do this by saying making the economy more competitive. But when want to do the same back to them, they said no such practice. KNN, election coming soon as what one white scum say. Exercise your vote!

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
And don't forget, we got to serve NS to protect these FT fuckers.

These FTs would just come and go....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its really sad that govt does not engage its citizens on the scale of the increase, the impact on society and the infrastructure. Nothing is transparent.

The press is also useless. Citizens of this country spend their time discussing issues related to table tennis and silly things like Sumiko's emotional needs.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
The press is also useless. Citizens of this country spend their time discussing issues related to table tennis and silly things like Sumiko's emotional needs.

HAHAHAHA! What Sumiko need is an Angmo cock... see, it's related to FT issue wat....:smile:

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am not into programming, but with their skills, they can always go else where too right? Why settle for 1500/mth? Not enough to cover their HDB and other overheads. Any GOOD programmers will move else where to make a living, certainly not singapore for that amount of money.

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
we have to take action come 2011

otherwise it is our children and their future generation that will suffer.

At the moment we are only suffering the inconvenience of over crowding.

But our children will suffer the MOST in yrs to come. Mark my words!!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also puzzled. I even heard of an Indian accountant who agreed on $800. I am not sure if its to put their foot thru the door. I also understand that the same happens with PRC chaps.

I do recall that maids and nurses in the early years would not be accepted in Canada unless they had prior experience in places like Singapore.

I am not into programming, but with their skills, they can always go else where too right? Why settle for 1500/mth? Not enough to cover their HDB and other overheads. Any GOOD programmers will move else where to make a living, certainly not singapore for that amount of money.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am also puzzled. I even heard of an Indian accountant who agreed on $800. I am not sure if its to put their foot thru the door. I also understand that the same happens with PRC chaps.

I do recall that maids and nurses in the early years would not be accepted in Canada unless they had prior experience in places like Singapore.

In Australia it's AGAINST THE LAW to pay a skilled immigrant below the standard wage. The employee and worker both get into trouble.

In sinkapore it's lowest bidder wins. Lowest bidder then brings his whole village over and takes over the department. What happens next, is a story we already know.....

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal

That was to get a "S" pass, or what ever, employer agrees to "hire" them becos of their "qualifications", go MOM for permit and paper work, end up the employee got paid at $800? After deducting "expenses".

I am not too sure about the new laws now. But they are so desperate to get a permit just to work here. Real good talents will not settle for less, as they know their work.

2nd class ones come here to slog until they get a better job else where.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
This would also account for the exponential rise in property prices over the last 3 years. What now with so many greedy developers knocking over old developments for smaller albeit pricier and swanky ones. Lee is in an unsavoury position, he has to keep the foreigners numbers up to sustain his house of cards. Meanwhile Lee and family will slowly but surely sell of state assets to foreigners starting with SPC.