• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RGS students from PRC cheered for China!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - RGS students from PRC cheered for China!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-23 8:44 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 16) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>37909.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>RGS students from PRC cheered for China in YOG table-tennis final between Singapore and China

PostDateIcon.png
August 24th, 2010 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Your Correspondent

Singapore home-grown paddler Isabelle Li was defeated by China抯 Gu Yuting in the Youth Olympic Games (YOG) table tennis girls?singles event yesterday, but the highlight of the match lies in the spectator stand instead.
According to feedback from readers who watched the match, the spectators were unusually 損assionate? except that they were cheering for China.
Hundreds of Rafflesians were seen at the match though it was not known if they were there willingly or 搗olunteered?by their schools to attend.
Nevertheless, the strong show of support they displayed for China抯 Gu had some Singaporeans wondering if they are watching the match in China.
One netizen described his experience on Facebook:
揟oday I saw some students in RJC uniform if I am not wrong waving China flag when watching Singapore vs China in table-tennis. At first I thought how come Singaporeans are waving China flag. but later I realise the girls are China students studying in Singapore schools. What a new sight for me.?/SPAN>
Another added:
揟here are hardly any Singaporeans cheering for Isabelle. I guess we are more subdued in showing our support than the mainland Chinese who tend to be more vocal and nationalistic.?/SPAN>
Zhang Han Toh appeared amused by what he saw:

揥oo hoo?and two RGS Chinese nationals jumping up and down (until their uniform become tucked out) and waving their flag at the same time. woo hoo!!!!!!!?/EM>
Bernard Lim asked:
揂re they (Chinese students) studying in Singapore on MOE scholarships? Is it possible for the govt to assimilate them into our society in the future when their hearts always remain with their motherland China??/EM>
Due to the PAP抯 pro-China immigration policies, an increasing number of mainland Chinese students are given scholarships paid for by Singapore taxpayers to study in Singapore.
PRC scholars studying Singapore抯 tertiary institutions do not have to pay a single cent for their tuition fees and are given a monthly allowance as well.
Though they are expected to work in Singapore for a number of years after graduation, it is not known how many of them choose to settle down in Singapore upon completion of their bonds.
With China becoming an economic powerhouse, it may be increasingly harder for Singapore to retain the PRC students it has so kindly 搒ponsored?and 搉urtured?
In an interview with National Geographic magazine this year, PAP strongman Lee Kuan Yew claimed that it is a 揼ood thing?that Singapore is welcoming so many Chinese immigrants (from mainland China) as they are more 揾ard-driving?and 揾ard-striving?than locals.
From the 損assion?displayed by these PRC RGS students, he may have a point after all.
Please join our Facebook page here and invite your friends to do so to create awareness of the current affairs affecting Singaporeans. Please use our online web form to contact us.

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot> </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's commonsense and understandable. PRCs will root for PRCs.

Otherwise, those that didn't, got eternally branded as traitors and lackeys.

汉奸,走狗,遗臭万年。

Green Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was a student in UK, I too cheer for the Singapore badminton team in the Commonwealth game . Does that make me also a 汉奸,走狗?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
When I was a student in UK, I too cheer for the Singapore badminton team in the Commonwealth game . Does that make me also a 汉奸,走狗?

Were you given free scholarship to study there by the UK govt? Were your parents given PR to live in the UK? Did you get many UK benefits that a citizen got? If you answer no to any of these questions, than u understand why these RGS girls are traitorous bitches. If they love China so much, they should give up their PRs, scholarships, school fee subsidies and and any other benefits, AND FUCK OFF BACK TO CHINA. The fact that you don't even comprehend this is indicative of the sad state of sinkie logic in this country and whythe citizens continue to be screwed by the PAP.

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Were you given free scholarship to study there by the UK govt? Were your parents given PR to live in the UK? Did you get many UK benefits that a citizen got? If you answer no to any of these questions, than u understand why these RGS girls are traitorous bitches. If they love China so much, they should give up their PRs, scholarships, school fee subsidies and and any other benefits, AND FUCK OFF BACK TO CHINA. The fact that you don't even comprehend this is indicative of the sad state of sinkie logic in this country and whythe citizens continue to be screwed by the PAP.

Please be rational. So what if they were given PR? So what if they receive scholarship/ subsidize school fee from our traitorous government?
Do you expect them to switch side just because of these few benefits? Was there a contract between them and the PAP that they must be loyal to Singapore if they were to take up these benefits?

The way u put it, u might as well expect a chio bu to be loyal to you just because you provide for her. Sure she will be grateful to you for providing for her, but can that gratitude sustain loyalty if she does not love you in the first place. Same logic different approach!

The root of this problem is the government. Our government let them in and our government use our money to give them freebies. They are just being rational and doing what's best for themselves by accepting whatever freebies our government throw at them. The biggest traitor of all is the PAP!

I seriously see no shame in them supporting their national team. Afterall they are still holding on to PRC passport. So how is supporting one's national team a traitorous behaviour?:confused:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Singapore home-grown paddler Isabelle Li was defeated by China Gu Yuting.... the strong show of support they displayed for China...."

At first when Isabelle reached the finals, someone presumed that she was from China because her surname is spelt as "Li" and not "Lee". And of course the usual KPKB surfaced.

Then when she lost, some people again KPKB that Singapore sports men and women not good enough to reach world standard, and must depend on PR or those from Foreign Sports Talent scheme. Now, we blame supporters for our failure!!!

Why can't these people accept the fact that we have to work much harder to succeed?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there are more of them, our economic future will be secure

Need to have Confucian-minded PRC to offset the Western-influenced Pinkertons here

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Please be rational. So what if they were given PR? So what if they receive scholarship/ subsidize school fee from our traitorous government?
Do you expect them to switch side just because of these few benefits? Was there a contract between them and the PAP that they must be loyal to Singapore if they were to take up these benefits?

The way u put it, u might as well expect a chio bu to be loyal to you just because you provide for her. Sure she will be grateful to you for providing for her, but can that gratitude sustain loyalty if she does not love you in the first place. Same logic different approach!

The root of this problem is the government. Our government let them in and our government use our money to give them freebies. They are just being rational and doing what's best for themselves by accepting whatever freebies our government throw at them. The biggest traitor of all is the PAP!

I seriously see no shame in them supporting their national team. Afterall they are still holding on to PRC passport. So how is supporting one's national team a traitorous behaviour?:confused:

The root of the problem is people like you. Give compromises and defend these traitors, that is why the moral fibre of this country is eroded away. I can tell you I know many other nationalities that have moved here from other countries. Some of my relatives and friends are born in Malaysia, India, etc. They have NEVER cheered for their countries at any events. I used to go with them to see events like the Malaysia Cup football at Kallang stadium in the heydays of the kallang roar and what not. Even though they are born in Selangor, they do not cheer for Selangor when we play them. They do not wave malaysian flags around. U know why? Because this country took them in, and provided them with a better environment than what they had in their old country. Therefore, THEY WERE GRATEFUL, and they appreciate it, and show LOYALTY to their adopted country. these are the old style people who moved here long time ago, when they had values. Now u have the new wave from PRC, and they are an unappreciative traitorous bunch with no morals. They think they are doing S'pore a big fucking favour by moving here.

S'poreans should heckle and whack these supporters when they are at sporting events. After all, home fans from all over the world do that. that will show them we are still the boss in this country.

Recently, I was in a line up at a food place, and a fucking PRC jumped the queue and cut in front of me. I tapped him on the shoulder, and told him the line up starts at the back. he was stunted for a while that someone dare to scold him, and than pretended he did not know, and meekly moved to the back. It was a good choice for him, because even though he was bigger than me, I would have kicked his kneee cap out from behind him. UNLIKE YOU, I DO NOT PUT UP WITH FOREIGN SHITS WHO DON'T BEHAVE IN MY COUNTRY. U are pathetic for defending them.

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
The root of the problem is people like you. Give compromises and defend these traitors, that is why the moral fibre of this country is eroded away. I can tell you I know many other nationalities that have moved here from other countries. Some of my relatives and friends are born in Malaysia, India, etc. They have NEVER cheered for their countries at any events. I used to go with them to see events like the Malaysia Cup football at Kallang stadium in the heydays of the kallang roar and what not. Even though they are born in Selangor, they do not cheer for Selangor when we play them. They do not wave malaysian flags around. U know why? Because this country took them in, and provided them with a better environment than what they had in their old country. Therefore, THEY WERE GRATEFUL, and they appreciate it, and show LOYALTY to their adopted country. these are the old style people who moved here long time ago, when they had values. Now u have the new wave from PRC, and they are an unappreciative traitorous bunch with no morals. They think they are doing S'pore a big fucking favour by moving here.

S'poreans should heckle and whack these supporters when they are at sporting events. After all, home fans from all over the world do that. that will show them we are still the boss in this country.

Recently, I was in a line up at a food place, and a fucking PRC jumped the queue and cut in front of me. I tapped him on the shoulder, and told him the line up starts at the back. he was stunted for a while that someone dare to scold him, and than pretended he did not know, and meekly moved to the back. It was a good choice for him, because even though he was bigger than me, I would have kicked his kneee cap out from behind him. UNLIKE YOU, I DO NOT PUT UP WITH FOREIGN SHITS WHO DON'T BEHAVE IN MY COUNTRY. U are pathetic for defending them.

Since when was i defending the PRCs for cheering on their national team? I was merely stating facts. If you can, go ahead and tell me what, i posted above, is wrong!?:oIo:

Yes of course the Malaysian chinese will never cheer for Team Malaysia given how they are being marginalize by the bumi policy. By not cheering for Team Malaysia does not mean that they are grateful for whatever Singapore has given them; the next thing u noe, they are sending massive amount of capital back to their families in Malaysia and buying whatever they need in JB just to save money....Keeping these assholes is a -ve NPV project. Don't see them in such good light just because of your pathetic observation of them in football matches.....:rolleyes:

God damn it man....u seriously sounds like an Asian version of a redneck; downright violent and lack the brains to think properly. We need less people like you, Singaporean or not.....

So there you go redneck: :oIo:

R

redlightmeansgo

Never heard of Columbia Plan scholarship?

It's Colombo Plan Scholarship. Fellows like Philip Yeo were amongst the beneficiaries, but the plan is I believe now defunct.

Some bros have expressed correctly that the PRCs are indeed given money to get an education here. In fact, from what I heard, they don't just get scholarships, they get a tidy sum of money to come here.

When things come conveniently cheap and free, there is little reason why anyone would attach any value or significance to them. These people obviously monetise the value of having a singapore passport, and I suspect that's one of the key attractions for them to become citizens.

MIW should do well and remember that nomads have no sense of loyalty. As the teochew saying goes, they will flock to wherever the cool wind blows

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow!! that is indeed the kind of "integration" from immigrants with Singapore Lee Hsien Loong expected in his national rally speech?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Since when was i defending the PRCs for cheering on their national team? I was merely stating facts. If you can, go ahead and tell me what, i posted above, is wrong!?:oIo:

:

I seriously see no shame in them supporting their national team. Afterall they are still holding on to PRC passport.

This is your quote, and u still say u are not defending them? U got amnesia or something? U can call me redneck all u like, I am proud to be call a redneck if it means being PRO-SINGAPORE and NATIONALISTIC. FT lovers like u should fuck off back the China with these traitors. I only wish there are many more rednecks like me. If enough people make these assholes feel unwelcome, i.e. hassle them, heckle them, harass them, pretty soon, the word will spread that they are not welcomed in S'pore and they will stop coming here. That is why FTs don't like to go to Australia because they know there is a blatant white people hatred of them. We need that here too.

Every sinkie that sees one of these fuckers spit on the street, jump a queue, talk loud, smoke in non smoking zone, don't know where they are going when they are bus drivers and taxi drivers, etc. should loudly and on the spot scold them, and other nearby sinkies should join in to scold them too.

I read in the Shit Times a couple of weeks ago, on chap working in a kopitiam drank too much, got on the bus, and ended up punching the bus driver because of something the driver did not do. The Shit times made sure to highlight the fact the bus driver is a Chinese National and the chap was a sinkie. In fact, this chap is a National Hero, even though he was found guilty.
We need more chaps like him.

Jailed for hitting bus driver
By Khushwant Singh

ANGRY that the bus was travelling too slowly for his liking, Lam Wee Yang, 59, scolded the driver before taking matters into his own hands.

He hit the driver's head with the bag he was carrying and then sent the bus swerving dangerously by grabbing the steering wheel.

For hurting driver Wei Jin Guang and endangering the safety of 13 passengers on the bus, the coffee-shop assistant was jailed two months and three weeks on Thursday by a district court.

Lam drank several bottles of beer after finishing his shift at a Geylang coffee shop at 8pm on Dec 24, 2009. At 11.45pm, he boarded SBS Transit's number 63 near Lorong 11 Geylang and took the seat behind the driver.

The Singaporean grew impatient when the bus pulled out slowly from the bus stop so as not to hit cars that were parked illegally along the road. Lam started scolding the driver but Mr Wei, a Chinese national, probably tried to diffuse the situation by remaining silent.

Along North Bridge Road, Lam suddenly swung his plastic bag, which contained his purchases of a packet of food and an alarm clock, at Mr Wei. The driver activated the emergency button to alert the SBS operations room that he was being attacked. Minutes later, Lam grabbed the steering wheel, forcing the bus to halt.

According to SBS Transit, 11 of its workers were assaulted last year down from 18 the previous year. Bus operator SMRT had six cases in each of those years.

Lam could have jailed up to six months and/or fined up to $2,500 for endangering the safety of the other passengers. For hurting the driver, he could be jailed up to two years and/or fined up to $5,000.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
common sense logic mah.
all other countries' nationals will only cheer for their own motherlands, be it PRC, India, Malaysia, or USA, UK, etc...
only our own ppl cheer for overseas foreigners.