• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ramseth isn't dead...but going to be soon :(

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nevertheless, I am not running down Science or logical thinking, as compared to some atheist or logic fanatics who think they could possibly have all the answers by their logical deductions or inductions alone. I am basically saying Science and logical thinking have their limitations and in many instances, Science is no different from religious belief as well. The faith and belief in some theories that explain some empirical observations.

And people should not feel "superior" when they are standing on the scientific point of view because if one day, their belief in the theories are being contradicted or debunked, they will collapse totally. The only way forward is for us to continue our seeking path towards the Truth... be enlightened, not just belief.

Goh Meng Seng

You are flawed. Seriously flawed. Science and religion approach reality is totally different and incompatible ways. That is why I have strongly believed they can never be discussed together.

Without science, we would not have antibiotics, atomic clocks, rockets that can travel to Mars, computers that can track the price of stocks 24 hrs a day. Don't contaminate this achievement by putting it in the same category with religion. They are totally disjoint and mutually incompatible approaches to reality.

Science, is as I;ve said, based on inductive reasoning and empirical evidence. A good scientist is not afraid to be proven wrong. He knows that even if his theories fail, science as a whole has advanced, because we now know what is false.

For religion, no religious man will accept the failure of his theory or belief. That's the difference.

So don't get started equating the two.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro drifter,

Ah Seng had never lost an internet, public or political debate in his life OK (at least this is what he thinks)_........

By that definition he didn't lost the last 2 elections also lor, he only won 2nd place nia dio bo?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS you are really a joke, its pretty obviously you are not scientifically trained. what Thick Face Black Heart said is really what had happen on how most theories was being derived. your understanding of science, as mentioned, is a joke. its pretty obvious you do not even know the history on how many of the theories we used everyday are derived. if you really know you will not be making these silly statements.

i give you one fucking good example. why do you think we add in so many strange physical constants to those equations like planks constant? YOU FUCKING KNOW WHY? its because to make the maths explains OUR OBSERVATION STUPID FUCK. in fact MOST EQUATIONS were being formed via ad hor method with the introductions of constants to explains physical observations. Some of these equations we can explains, AND if it equations explains most of the situation. we try to make up a story on what is the physical meaning of those equations. if we are lucky, we are able to.

a lot of theories were formed this way. fucktard, obviously you know NUTS. still trying to throw smoke screen and snake your way out.

say already, this is not your field, don't act as if you are an expert. you are nothing but a half past six wannnabe useless politicians. now trying to pretend you know science? go fucking get a real science degree and improve your fucktard understanding before you come and talk to me, if you really want to talk on my level

regards

a very xia lan kia with strong background in science

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS you are really a joke, its pretty obviously you are not scientifically trained. what Thick Face Black Heart said is really what had happen on how most theories was being derived. your understanding of science, as mentioned, is a joke. its pretty obvious you do not even know the history on how many of the theories we used everyday are derived. if you really know you will not be making these silly statements.

i give you one fucking good example. why do you think we add in so many strange physical constants to those equations like planks constant? YOU FUCKING KNOW WHY? its because to make the maths explains OUR OBSERVATION STUPID FUCK.

say already, this is not your field, don't act as if you are an expert. you are nothing but a half past six wannnabe useless politicians. now trying to pretend you know science? go fucking get a real science degree and improve your fucktard understanding before you come and talk to me, if you really want to talk on my level

regards

a very xia lan kia with strong background in science

He learnt well from Kuan Yew the dilettante. Bloody amateurs pretending to be experts. :rolleyes:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
As I have said, I have nothing against Science but atheists should be very careful in denouncing all other religions while thinking that logical thinking and Science are the answers to everything they want to know.

And Science or scientific theories, have to start from philosophical assumptions and even presumptions.... i.e. beliefs. It is about believing that such theories could explain certain empirical observations and you should not mix up the other way round, trying to use the very empirical observations you try to explain as the source of your so call "proof". That's a mess of circular arguments.

Apparently, you are now caught and refuse to admit that Science, does involve in faith and beliefs. This is nothing new actually and I am not the first one to come to such conclusions. There are many learned ones who have come to this same conclusions and if you bother to read more and research more, you will find that there is a great debate about whether Science is a religion itself or not. Although Science, in most instances, are useful and could help to explain or solve material well being but that doesn't erase the fact that the progression of science is still basically based on faith or beliefs on the hypothesis and theories.

People who take science as the Truth of all things in universe without really understanding the nature and limitations of it, are also engaged in blind faith.

Goh Meng Seng

You are flawed. Seriously flawed. Science and religion approach reality is totally different and incompatible ways. That is why I have strongly believed they can never be discussed together.

Without science, we would not have antibiotics, atomic clocks, rockets that can travel to Mars, computers that can track the price of stocks 24 hrs a day. Don't contaminate this achievement by putting it in the same category with religion. They are totally disjoint and mutually incompatible approaches to reality.

Science, is as I;ve said, based on inductive reasoning and empirical evidence. A good scientist is not afraid to be proven wrong. He knows that even if his theories fail, science as a whole has advanced, because we now know what is false.

For religion, no religious man will accept the failure of his theory or belief. That's the difference.

So don't get started equating the two.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
faith your lan jiao la, if you know shit about this field, honestly stay out of it. if its really like what you say, knn then we have peer review for fuck. hello fucktard, you are talking more and more shit out from your mouth. carry on embarrass yourself more

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Goh is right. Can science explain the UFO he personally witnessed?

No.

So all you clowns please fark off ok? Don't waste any more of his precious time.

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Know-it-all GMS kena totally thrashed by Vamjok. Now he pretends that Vamjok doesn't exist in this thread and replies to TFBH only. lol.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Yeah, it is most likely in your dream... a person who doesn't even know the basics could possibly trash anyone? LOLx! Yeah, maybe it is the same for WP's MX9... trashing PAP... haha

Goh Meng Seng

Mr Know-it-all GMS kena totally thrashed by Vamjok. Now he pretends that Vamjok doesn't exist in this thread and replies to TFBH only. lol.

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, it is most likely in your dream... a person who doesn't even know the basics could possibly trash anyone? LOLx! Yeah, maybe it is the same for WP's MX9... trashing PAP... haha

Goh Meng Seng

And what about you advising TKL? 5% only? What logic :biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
instead of squabbling among ourselves, why can't everyone just spend the effort to pray/chant for vincent sear aka ramseth?

must it always be so childish, petty, resentful and meaningless whenever a simple thread is posted?