• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Polytechnic starting pay

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Assistant Chemist
Able to work independently
to perform quality control
to perform chemical analysis and trouble shooting for customer service
salary: $1600 neg
able to start work immediately will be an advantage

this one not i make up one. recieved it from my email from alumni contact. want the sea want the moutain only 1600. this is the current market value for fresh grad

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
you forgot to factor in

1) interest
300k on 20 year will be 550k

2) unemployment

I doubt the poly grad can even finish paying the loan
in sinkieland we teach the younger generation a famous chinese idiom 父债子还

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Assistant Chemist
Able to work independently
to perform quality control
to perform chemical analysis and trouble shooting for customer service
salary: $1600 neg
able to start work immediately will be an advantage

this one not i make up one. recieved it from my email from alumni contact. want the sea want the moutain only 1600. this is the current market value for fresh grad

So sad :( fresh local poly grad only earn $1,600 a month much lower than the S-Pass holders.

S-Pass holders earn $1,800 ~ $2,500 a month.

I had a guy friend aged 37 yrs old graduated from a local poly with IT diploma earning less than $3,000 a month now in a foreign MNC here. He started working after serving NS in Singapore. The only thing is he did not upgrade his qualification into a degree :cool:

He is shunned by many SG women in the end marrying a vietnamese wife.

siao liao ... is our local poly diploma papers getting worthless :confused:

sherrry

Alfrescian
Loyal
local employers sometimes are lesser educated than the employees they hire. so if the semi-retired boss is drawing $2k/mth. what more can the young & aspiring fresh grad ask for in salary?

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
local employers sometimes are lesser educated than the employees they hire. so if the semi-retired boss is drawing $2k/mth. what more can the young & aspiring fresh grad ask for in salary?

I felt locals are paid much less than foreign employee here :o

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take it as a challenge to your ability..

Work harder and gain a degree while working

Build up your network

I already had a honours degree but some of my friends are diploma holders.

They did not upgrade further because most of their times & $ is spent on KTV women :biggrin:

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
when hiring singaporean: company contribute 14.5% to employee's CPF
when hiring FT: no need to contribute CPF, smoke the bugger, debit levy & housing rental from his/her salary.