• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pitiful answer from Chee

neji

Alfrescian
Loyal
A political party FORMS POLICIES HOW MANY TIMES MUST I SAY THAT!!!!

Why must one be so fixated with labels, with names, with categories? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

If you are so bothered by semantics, then I would tell you right now that political parties are political parties solely due to the fact that they are registered as one in the eyes of the law, by submitting a list of names and putting down a few signatures here and there on various pieces of paper, and maybe putting down a token sum of money as a security deposit.

Behind all that facade, the people can be in the party scratching each other's backs like monkeys for all we care! Yet in the eyes of the law they are still a political party because they have done the necessary tangible requisites.

So I say to you right now, what defines a group of people coming together as one, is not what name or what category they are registered under, but by the IDEAs that brings them together, working towards the eventual fulfillment of those ideas.

Ideas, as we know, are intangible. Through the actions of the people that hold them dear, they just might be given a chance to become reality. Ideas, by their very nature, exist to defy limitations, be they traditions, labellings, categories, oppression, definitions and even status quo.

What you are doing right now, Alu862, is trying to fit the very ideas that the people in SDP stand for, into the very narrow definition of a "political party". Is it any wonder that you are having a hard time comprehending why the people in there are doing what they are doing?

A

Alu862

lah lah lah. SDP die hards. Chee will never be an effective PM. All he thinks is democracy and protests. Anwar would make an even better leader.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
did chee smear the gov from abroad? in trying to smear the leeders and gov, some of the shits stained the entire singapore. the ludricrous part was he was invited - paid by foreigners to do just that!

A

Alu862

Ask an American or a Brit what a political party is. They will know it is not just for protesting.

SDP licker.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think the governments of other countries relase so much information to the shadow cabinets? Face it. SDP posts articles on falling Sing dollar but they do not show how they plan to raise the value. SDP posts articles on FT coming it but they do not show what they plan to do.

All THEY KNOW IS TO PROTEST.

I know that in NZ, the govt is required by the Bill of Rights Act and the Official Information Act to release such information not only to shadow cabinets in the opposition but to any person (citizen, resident or company) in NZ.

http://freedominfo.org/countries/new_zealand.htm

Section 14 of the Bill of Rights Act states that "Everyone has the right to freedom of expression, including the freedom to seek, receive, and impart information and opinions of any kind in any form."(1)

The Official Information Act 1982 starts from the principle that all official information should be available.(2) The Court of Appeals said in 1988 that "the permeating importance of the Act is such that it is entitled to be ranked as a constitutional measure."(3) Any citizen, resident, or company in New Zealand can demand official information held by public bodies, state-owned enterprises and bodies which carry out public functions. Agencies have been required in some cases to take down notes of discussions that contributed to government decision-making if no documents are available. The body has no more than 20 days to respond.

The Office of the Ombudsmen reviews denials of access.(4) The decisions of the Ombudsmen have limited many of the categories of exemption, requiring agencies to justify their decisions in terms of the possible consequences of disclosure

neji

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask an American or a Brit what a political party is. They will know it is not just for protesting.

SDP licker.

What sort of argument is that? You can't refute me on the various points I raised nor out-debate me so you seek to obfuscate the whole thing by bringing in stuff from halfway around the world as well as sink down to name calling and personal attacks? Laughable.

Also, I think it is more clear that you are Anti-SDP than I am pro-SDP. Read through my posts again, where and when have I been extolling the virtues of Chee and SDP non-stop? You, on the other hand, have been bashing Dr Chee non-stop for at least half your post counts. Think about it.

Until you bring up salient points again for intelligent (emphasis on the word intelligent) debate, I consider this little verbal fencing over and you will get nothing but silence from me after this post.

A

Alu862

I am disappointed with Chee.

End of story.

All you cna do is twist the idea of a political party

A

Alu862

If Chee had an ounce more of a policy, he would attract more supporters.

Same goes for any political party.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whats your beef with Chee?

He's not the one in power, making all those policies that cause many Singaporeans to suffer.

Yeah, I for one would really like to understand your unrelenting hostility toward CSJ. If you know some dark unspeakable secrets, don't you feel you owe it to your fellow sinkies to share so that we may put him at arm's length?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha .... PAP dog why not you go abroad and preach how democratic honest and non corrupt your fucking PAP masters are?

bet you will be given not only more NTUC discount vouchers but also some cash rewards some more ..... ask your PAP masters also to sponsor your diabetic medication and give you free kidney dialysis .... kekeke

THE TITLE IS ABOUT CHEE. your posting has exposed and said much about yourself cowardly self:cool:

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal

SDP licker.

Loot at the PAP mentality of sucking up to the West for 'guidance and direction' on what a political party should be!!

The corrupt PAP Lee regime is prostituting Singapore to foreigners, the MNCs, the super rich and the money launderers and is dependant on the neocon US for its survival.