• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP's sheer arrogance and contempt

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Boss Sam, actually in ang mor lands, electricity, running water and internet is part of the basics of life. The problem is in Singkieland and Ozland, such basics are being used by the gahmens for extra revenue. In Ozland, ppl cannot afford to heat their homes, because power prices went up tremendously, and the main reason is half the power bill is actually government taxes. Also the houses are poorly built with poor energy efficiency so it cost more to heat and cool an aust home than a europrean one. In Oz its safe to assume 50% of income goes to direct and indirect taxes and the main working class get back nothing. Its like singkieland taxes without the direct taxation. And only the rich benefit because of the tax loopholes that only they can exploit. I am no commie, but I do support the working class. I believe all who are willing to work should be rewarded and not penalise. I also do not support taxing the rich but I do support they pay their fair share of taxes by removing the tax loopholes they exploit.

Another thing I support is based on the old singapore example. Tax luxuries. In singkieland in the past, there was a luxury category for COEs. Such luxury tax should be expended to raise revenue more effectively as the rich can afford to pay for their Far La Lee etcs...in Ozland should be the same....because the rich will gladly pay for their luxuries,,if they dont want,,they can buy a Kia,,,,No one point a gun to their head to pay tax,,,and they wont feel soo bad if they pay on their own accord for their toys.

I know that I will be bashed from the right and particularly the left wing bleeding heart liberal fuckwits for my stance, but isnt it the left wing that is the main cause of societies ills? Just my rants..,.

The top 20% pay 80% of the tax take. The rich are being penalised for being successful which is not right.

Life is a race and winners should be celebrated not taxed. It's like penalising Usain Bolt by adding 50% more seconds to his 9.6 second performance. Imagine if winning performances were penalised by adding seconds or deducting goals to make a competition "fair".

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it is just common sense. Humanity needs to rethink its priorities and ideologies. How come there is no education on the true cost of old age? Lets say a person retires at 60 and dies at 90. That is 30 years of no economic productivity. And the old person always sick etc and is suffering,,,who will want to lead that sort of life? But the true cost is never mention because the main beneficiaries of such sufferings are the medical corporations and old age care. Old age care etc are spending huge on expending facilities etc and medical corporations get huge amounts of money to try and 'save lives'. That is why there is no proper debate on euthanasia. There is no proper planning for human well being. We are living longer but our quality of life is poorer. I for one do not plan to burden my next generation with my medical bills etc and enrich those medical corporations. Its high time humans learn, death is part of life, deal with it. And remember, the ones that died are the lucky ones.

Sentiments alike. National leaders must formulate and implement but nobody should take away an individual's option to make his and her personal decision. A national leader should not be a god-LEE tyrant, dictating and deciding for everyone. Educate and share but not to decide. Advise and enlighten but not to decide. Return the 'I' to the Individual [note there are 3 'I's and 1 'u']. Return our 'I' to our Singapore [Notice there is 1 'I' and no 'u'].

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The top 20% pay 80% of the tax take. The rich are being penalised for being successful which is not right.

Life is a race and winners should be celebrated not taxed. It's like penalising Usain Bolt by adding 50% more seconds to his 9.6 second performance. Imagine if winning performances were penalised by adding seconds or deducting goals to make a competition "fair".

The main issue is the working and middle class pay a bigger proportion of their mediocre pay in percentage terms to tax and this has a knock on effect to the general economy. Like it or not, the modern economy is about consumer spending, and tax cuts to the poor and middle class have a bigger effect on the economy than tax cuts to the rich. In singkieland I doubt the top 20% percent pay that much and neither do the rich in Ozland and kiwiland. But if u tax the rich too much, they exploit more loopholes, That is why I advocate taxing luxuries, only the rich buy a far la lee etc, the tax take from 1 luxury car sold etc is worth more than 5 working class families tax rates. Another thing,,,in Ozland now there is a big hoo ha about cutting company tax cuts,,and heaps of bosses etc KPKB about how high the tax it etc,,but look at the things that are unsaid,,,they never mention the loop holes, like they can spend and get tax cuts etc. And how come no Boss ever says, I pay my employee 100K,, and the employee only receives 60K,,,bcos 40K goes to tax,,,isnt that 40K a tax on the employer too? But employers and businesses are short sighted,,they are only in it for themselves. And the world is now controlled by them,,,so guess the low level ones will suffer the most.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless a system like North Korea's is in place there is no way you can stop someone from buying an iPhone. They'll just get someone to purchase it for them.

Black markets serve a perfectly legitimate role in resource distribution.

Creating another hurdle to save the poor from themselves isn't a bad thing. It saves me tax dollars to buy another iPhone that I don't need.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Black markets serve a perfectly legitimate role in resource distribution.

Creating another hurdle to save the poor from themselves isn't a bad thing. It saves me tax dollars to buy another iPhone that I don't need.
Actually Dead Fart earned alot utilising the Black Market during the Jap occupation and also working as a translator. He said so himself in his memoirs

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the CPF issue is a good example of PAP's cheating and lying. Singaporeans should not let the self-serving LEEders get away with their unfairLEE acts. Accept and present the case immediately after the HDB ownership terms and promises; and not at a General Election. General Election should be Judgement Day! Get Singaporeans involved. Cheating and lying LEEders can run and hide with staged fixing but they should not be allowed to get away. Singaporeans are not stupid.

Hypothetically speaking, if all CPF monies are returned in full at age 55/65 or whatever, a minority (let's say 20%) will somehow runout because of bad/unlucky decisions...

What happens to this 20%? They die, who's problem? :thumbsdown:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
'. That is why there is no proper debate on euthanasia. There is no proper planning for human well being. We are living longer but our quality of life is poorer. I for one do not plan to burden my next generation with my medical bills etc and enrich those medical corporations. Its high time humans learn, death is part of life, deal with it. And remember, the ones that died are the lucky ones.

Debate is de thing you catch de fish wif.

Don't waste time, just legalize euthanasia and give a surrender-ic payout:

$300k at 60
$200k at 70
$100k at 80

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Debate is de thing you catch de fish wif.

Don't waste time, just legalize euthanasia and give a surrender-ic payout:

$300k at 60
$200k at 70
$100k at 80
Yes that is what I agree too,..give ppl the soylent green option. At least the soylent green patients died with dignity,,,,

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually Dead Fart earned alot utilising the Black Market during the Jap occupation and also working as a translator. He said so himself in his memoirs

Black markets exist whenever there is dysfunction/inefficiency in the regular markets.

LKY was a natural entrepreneur. Pity our system can no longer reproduce the likes of him.

All we get are faggot Mama's boy who stay home and study hard all day and stay tightly within the confines of the system.

The system will produce administrators, but not leaders.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hypothetically speaking, if all CPF monies are returned in full at age 55/65 or whatever, a minority (let's say 20%) will somehow runout because of bad/unlucky decisions...

It is bcos of this 20% that fuck it up for the rest of us, they go batam and ah tiong land and spend on whores etc,,,,and to be fair, I know of many oldies who are in their 70s and have not touch their CPF. They say dont need it,,,leave it in there to accumulate interest. So majority of the ppl have no intention to withdraw the CPF at all,,,,and lets say the gahmen help the 20%,,,the majority will feel cheated because they did the right thing and got penalise,,,,there is a difference between u die yr problem,..and u die because of yr own stupidity,,,yr problem. For me,,if i have money in the cpf,,,i rather have it like draw x amount month on month etc,,,take the whole lumpsum and loose it,,how? I will not take such risks

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Allow a person to make his or her own informed decision, and let the individual be responsible for it. Who is responsible for a poor marriage or investment? Why deprive others just because of a few. A competent government should be able to formulate and manage. CPF money belongs to who? Even GOD does not decide for me how I should and must live my life.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The main issue is the working and middle class pay a bigger proportion of their mediocre pay in percentage terms to tax and this has a knock on effect to the general economy. Like it or not, the modern economy is about consumer spending, and tax cuts to the poor and middle class have a bigger effect on the economy than tax cuts to the rich. In singkieland I doubt the top 20% percent pay that much and neither do the rich in Ozland and kiwiland. But if u tax the rich too much, they exploit more loopholes, That is why I advocate taxing luxuries, only the rich buy a far la lee etc, the tax take from 1 luxury car sold etc is worth more than 5 working class families tax rates. Another thing,,,in Ozland now there is a big hoo ha about cutting company tax cuts,,and heaps of bosses etc KPKB about how high the tax it etc,,but look at the things that are unsaid,,,they never mention the loop holes, like they can spend and get tax cuts etc. And how come no Boss ever says, I pay my employee 100K,, and the employee only receives 60K,,,bcos 40K goes to tax,,,isnt that 40K a tax on the employer too? But employers and businesses are short sighted,,they are only in it for themselves. And the world is now controlled by them,,,so guess the low level ones will suffer the most.

Without businesses and employers there would be no jobs and no employees. Businesses create jobs and it is only right that the owners of the businesses control how the business is run.

If you started a business you'd want to be in control too. Running an enterprise cannot be done by consensus.

And of course business owners are in it for themselves. Why else would they risk capital? It's in the hope of a big reward at the end of the journey. Employees are in it for themselves too. That's how the human species functions.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without businesses and employers there would be no jobs and no employees. Businesses create jobs and it is only right that the owners of the businesses control how the business is run.

If you started a business you'd want to be in control too. Running an enterprise cannot be done by consensus.

And of course business owners are in it for themselves. Why else would they risk capital? It's in the hope of a big reward at the end of the journey. Employees are in it for themselves too. That's how the human species functions.
Wat talking u? Business owners have control of their biz and Singkieland has some of the least amount of regulations. However in Ozland these big business are gaining an unfair advantage over society. That is the problem. U want a country run by corporations? That is worse than Nazism.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
The top 20% pay 80% of the tax take. The rich are being penalised for
being successful which is not right.

not like that lah
life is not a race. it iz onli a race in sillypoore , americunt , hongkong and those
so called advanced and developed cuntries.

goto small towns located in "rural" part of a country , like Muar
u experience a difference atmosphere. u dont feel the urgency , the stress of the locals.

life is a race because u made it to be one , and u live in
a cuntry fully adopting americunt style of capitalism to run it commercial actitives.

your example not appropriate leh , if there is such a rule to add 50%
then in the first place there would be any race at all , there wont be any participants.
on the hand , the millions make by a person is not solely due to his own effort.
there are employees , workers contributing to the result.

f

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss Sam, actually in ang mor lands, electricity, running water and internet is part of the basics of life. The problem is in Singkieland and Ozland, such basics are being used by the gahmens for extra revenue.
they are basics of life but they are not free. i have to pay pg&e (utilities provider) for utilities (gas and electricity) and the monthly bill cums to around $69. no kidding. for sewage and garbage disposal, i have to pay the city. monthly bill also cums out to $69 a month. no kidding. for water, i have to pay the santa clara water district every quarter, and if i take the quarter bill and divided by 3, it cums out to around $69 a month. again no kidding. the funniest bill is for internet and internet tv. comcast (xfinity) is the provider, and my monthly subscription comprises $59.99 for internet and $10 for internet tv. monthly xfinity package total cums out to $69.99. :eek:

fullsizeoutput_78c.jpeg

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Wat talking u? Business owners have control of their biz and Singkieland has some of the least amount of regulations. However in Ozland these big business are gaining an unfair advantage over society. That is the problem. U want a country run by corporations? That is worse than Nazism.

I have no idea what you mean by "unfair" advantage. Life is inherently unfair. It's a game of survival of the fittest.

I could say that Facebook has an unfair advantage over me but that's not Mark's fault it's my fault for not being as talented as he is. I can choose not to use his product if I feel he is adopting strategies that are against my own interests.

Forget about this concept of fairness. It is a myth.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
not like that lah
life is not a race. it iz onli a race in sillypoore , americunt , hongkong and those
so called advanced and developed cuntries.

goto small towns located in "rural" part of a country , like Muar
u experience a difference atmosphere. u dont feel the urgency , the stress of the locals.

life is a race because u made it to be one , and u live in
a cuntry fully adopting americunt style of capitalism to run it commercial actitives.

your example not appropriate leh , if there is such a rule to add 50%
then in the first place there would be any race at all , there wont be any participants.
on the hand , the millions make by a person is not solely due to his own effort.
there are employees , workers contributing to the result.

Nobody is stopping you from opting out of the race and going to live off the grid in some remote location. The problem is that the majority of people want to enjoy the conveniences of big city living but when they find that they can't keep up with the pace of life they start moaning that everybody should slow down to suit them.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Singapore LEEders think likewise, and thus the Singapore Inc method of governance. The LEEders run it LIKE AN ENTERPRISE and they are doing it for THEMSELVES. Protecting the Party comes first, and it's to ensure longevity to maintain self-interest.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The Singapore LEEders think likewise, and thus the Singapore Inc method of governance. The LEEders run it LIKE AN ENTERPRISE and they are doing it for THEMSELVES. Protecting the Party comes first, and it's to ensure longevity to maintain self-interest.

And that applies to pretty much every political party I have come across. NZ is no different. I've seen political parties adopt policies that are totally against the best interests of the country in order to gain votes. It happens across the political spectrum.

Why Singaporeans expect the PAP to be some selfless, altruistic organisation is beyond me. Surely you guys cannot be that naive. Show me one organisation that does not have "self preservation" as its primary goal.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
And that applies to pretty much every political party I have come across. NZ is no different. I've seen political parties adopt policies that are totally against the best interests of the country in order to gain votes. It happens across the political spectrum.

Why Singaporeans expect the PAP to be some selfless, altruistic organisation is beyond me. Surely you guys cannot be that naive. Show me one organisation that does not have "self preservation" as its primary goal.

Then don't KEEP telling the people that we are DOING IT FOR YOU, the citizens of Singapore. Tell us straight, THE PARTY COMES FIRST. The GRC, the Town Council, the ministerial payments and many others are true testimonies of this. Tell us straight, THE COUNTRY COMES SECOND. The GLCs, the many governmental policies and monetary issues are factual indications. Tell the people straight in the face, WE DECIDE AND YOU ACCEPT. YOU, THE PEOPLE ARE NOT OUR PRIMARY CONCERN. LIVE WITH IT.