• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP's sheer arrogance and contempt

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every society has their losers. Even in NZ there are people living on the streets despite the fact that the government provides state housing for a nominal rent plus a lifetime pension of more than $2000 per month.

The elderly in Singapore rummage through dustbins not because they are scrounging for food or other necessities. They do it because they were brought up during era when scarcity was the norm and they hate to see things going to waste.

No!...what see things going to waste...ha ha ha...you sound like my late mother, those days, annually I have to clear her collection of recyclables, of sauce bottles, glass bottles, oil tins, Ovaltine tins, Milo tins & whatever tins etc.. The elderly , some of the them, rummage through the bins for cans, etc..cardboards etc..for some extra income, whatever they are getting from their CPF is not enough to catch up with rising costs & plus at that age, everyone of these people are on some medication or the other..even with subsidies, it is still a burden,,

They are not 'hating to see things go to waste'...but getting those waste to convert to cash & like one minister says, for the EXERCISE!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singapore's "poor" supposedly don't have enough money for basic needs but still have more than enough for flat screen colour TVs and smart phones.

1534719508315.png

Individual perception and interpretation do vary. SAM is so kind in establishing such high standards for Singapore's ruling LEEders.

SINGAPORE STATISTICS http://onesingapore.org/focus-areas/food-hunger/
  • 1 in 10 Singaporeans are unable to meet basic needs in the form of food, clothing, shelter and other essential expenditures.
  • 1 in 3 elderly Singaporeans are not eating right (2011)26
  • More than 23,000 children are malnourished in Singapore (2008)
NO ONE YARDSTICK FOR POVERTY
https://research.smu.edu.sg/news/smuresearch/2017/apr/25/shining-light-singapore’s-invisible-poor
Living conditions among Singapore’s poorest may not be as dire as in other countries, but according to economists’ estimates, a good 10-14 percent of Singaporeans still face severe financial problems and have difficulties meeting basic needs. Hunger, for example, remains a real and present issue for many, says Professor Donaldson.

About 105,000 HDB households face food insecurity http://theindependent.sg/about-105000-hdb-households-face-food-insecurity/
The Independent
Quoting a study from Food From The heart (FFTH) (a welfare outfit that feeds the poor and hungry in Singapore) STORM, an online publication, pointed out that there were about 105,000 HDB households who get by on less than $1,500 per month, and so experience food insecurity.

The publication said that the study further suggested that poor families and elderly couples past the working age find themselves most vulnerable to food insecurity, and that they are only able to afford low-cost, low-nutrition food, they skip meals, or, sometimes, don’t get to eat at all.

The Big Problem With Poverty In Singapore Is That It Is Actually A Symptom
https://dollarsandsense.sg/the-big-...n-singapore-is-that-it-is-actually-a-symptom/
Let’s get straight to the point. Poverty does exist in Singapore. Saying that poverty doesn’t exist is like saying there are no bad drivers in Singapore. And we all know from our everyday experiences that there are definitely bad drivers out there, just like how we know poverty exists in our country, in spite of our government’s reluctance to include a poverty line.

SINGAPORE POVERTY: Analysis of the problem https://sites.google.com/site/singaporepoverty/analysis-of-the-problem
Despite being the World’s fourth leading financial center, poverty is still one of the problems faced by Singapore’s government today. Poverty in its simplest form is the lack of the basics necessities required for quality of life.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
No!...what see things going to waste...ha ha ha...you sound like my late mother, those days, annually I have to clear her collection of recyclables, of sauce bottles, glass bottles, oil tins, Ovaltine tins, Milo tins & whatever tins etc.. The elderly , some of the them, rummage through the bins for cans, etc..cardboards etc..for some extra income, whatever they are getting from their CPF is not enough to catch up with rising costs & plus at that age, everyone of these people are on some medication or the other..even with subsidies, it is still a burden,,

They are not 'hating to see things go to waste'...but getting those waste to convert to cash & like one minister says, for the EXERCISE!

Doing an honest job of earning a bit of extra income is a commendable trait at any age. The PAP government has obviously done an excellent job of imparting a good work ethic to all segments of the population.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Poverty in Singapore
The Asianparent SINGAPORE
https://sg.theasianparent.com/poverty_in_singapore/

If you think that there is no poverty in singapore, think again.

Two American School students, Morgan Thain and Charlotte Cheng went around Orchard road interviewing buskers and shoppers about poverty in Singapore.

Watch this video to find out what they discovered about poverty in Singapore!

I just watched the video and it proves my point. There is no poverty in Singapore. Just look how well fed this guy is. He obviously has his fair share of Big Macs on a daily basis.

1534720012022.png

Everyone in Singapore can earn a decent amount if they are willing to work.

This is what poverty looks like when there really is no money or food to go round.

images.duckduckgo-9.jpg

Show me some Sinkie children that are walking around covered in dirt and sores and I'll start believing this "poverty" narrative. Otherwise I'm not buying it.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doing an honest job of earning a bit of extra income is a commendable trait at any age. The PAP government has obviously done an excellent job of imparting a good work ethic to all segments of the population.

Doing it to SURVIVE is a basic human instinct. However, if national LEEders wanted to claim credit, then who are we to argue. After all, these LEEders are no different from the LEEches in our food chain, or is it fool chain - a web whereby fools are inter-chained to ensure the LEEders survival and existence.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
That Stinkapore flag represent Singapore?

langjeow kar !

That flag got bastardised and transmogrified by PAP to cover all the fucking shit that they doing .
That rag best to use to wipe your cum from the cunt of prostitutes as prostitutes cunts and cums cleaner

SO YOU DECIDE ON YOUR FUCKING OWN TO DELETE???

JUST SAY SO!
Bro, calm down. The flag has been hijacked by a self serving regime. When it was created, it represented hopes and aspirations of a young nation. Hitler Germany's flag is still flying today. Japan's rising sun is too. Why were they not changed since it was under those flags that their people suffered and died? The flag represents a country. Not its government.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Bro, calm down. The flag has been hijacked by a self serving regime. When it was created, it represented hopes and aspirations of a young nation. Hitler Germany's flag is still flying today. Japan's rising sun is too. Why were they not changed since it was under those flags that their people suffered and died? The flag represents a country. Not its government.

Singapore still has hope, bro... it had been very trying, but I'm hopeful I can get to see the aspirations of the Merdeka generation coming to fruition.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I just watched the video and it proves my point. There is no poverty in Singapore. Just look how well fed this guy is. He obviously has his fair share of Big Macs on a daily basis.

View attachment 46432

Everyone in Singapore can earn a decent amount if they are willing to work.

This is what poverty looks like when there really is no money or food to go round.

View attachment 46433

Show me some Sinkie children that are walking around covered in dirt and sores and I'll start believing this "poverty" narrative. Otherwise I'm not buying it.
Hmmmm surely you must know there are different levels of poverty. Those skeletal kids are living in some of the poorest countries where food, jobs and opportunities are almost non-existent. Poverty will not look like this in developed countries.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Singapore still has hope, bro... it had been very trying, but I'm hopeful I can get to see the aspirations of the Merdeka generation coming to fruition.
Yes there is hope. There is still the 30%er. There are still good and courageous patriots stepping forward to give sinkies a choice during elections. Sinkies must do their part too. Merdeka!!!

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's "poor" supposedly don't have enough money for basic needs but still have more than enough for flat screen colour TVs and smart phones.

Having a television set is a luxury item? How much does it cost per day to own one? Like the telephone, it's a basic, must-have tool to have in today's world. We have the world's best-paid politicians and should we expect them to give to the people the standard as indicated by you?

The gentleman you pointed out in the video is sitting in a wheel-chair. The people in video are sharing their knowledge, and nobody has stated that they are examples of poverty. King today, pauper tomorrow. I respect your perception that a fat person means NO POVERTY.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes there is hope. There is still the 30%er. There are still good and courageous patriots stepping forward to give sinkies a choice during elections. Sinkies must do their part too. Merdeka!!!

It WAS a collective 30% because of circumstances. It IS never 30%. 30 is the figure the ruling LEEders want the people to assume as truLEE factual. 30% is false information propagated by the bulLEE-controlLEEd media.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinky has lost touch with the people .
When will there be a change of govt in Singapore ?

When the people cometh to see and realise the REAL truth, and work together as one united entity. Singularity - not as stupid slaves but as true-bred Singaporeans.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
It WAS a collective 30% because of circumstances. It IS never 30%. 30 is the figure the ruling LEEders want the people to assume as truLEE factual. 30% is false information propagated by the bulLEE-controlLEEd media.
Alright fine. But in the absence of any other point of reference, this figure is all we have to go on.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 46433

are the children from a so called developed cuntry ?
you might as well use photos of african tribes living in the forest or
those aborigines living deep in the forest of New Guinea and Borneo.