• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP fake meritocracy

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I strongly believe pap meritocracy is fake. Otherwise lawyer with disciplinary charges will not be kept as a MP and continue to draw his salary.

Recently news also said a group of parents complained to MOE about dubious PSLE marking system and MOE just gave lip service.
Poor students believing in meritocracy but their math papers were marked carelessly and unfairly.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good luck to Nan Hua students and hopefully they will continue to work hard and fight the unjust system when they grow up!!!

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So coincidental ? I studied statistics in my university and I know this kind of scenario is impossible to happen and it happens only because of systematic error which MOE must have the courage to review and to admit to their mistakes.

The 11 parents said in the letter that their children had always scored 95 marks and above for their maths exams in school, or the equivalent of Achievement Level (AL) 1.

But for this year’s PSLE maths paper, they were shocked to find that their children had scored AL 3, AL 4 or AL 5.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
“If a single child’s carelessness caused them to stumble on the exam, we have nothing to say. But when almost a third of the students in the class have a similar score gap, it’s hard not to be puzzled,” the letter read.

The parents said they had appealed to the Ministry of Education (MOE) and SEAB through the school for a review of the exam papers, but were told that the success rate of past appeals was almost zero.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Students from India can come here with fake certificates but students in Singapore are given such treatment. What can we say about our system ?

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
“If a single child’s carelessness caused them to stumble on the exam, we have nothing to say. But when almost a third of the students in the class have a similar score gap, it’s hard not to be puzzled,” the letter read.

The parents said they had appealed to the Ministry of Education (MOE) and SEAB through the school for a review of the exam papers, but were told that the success rate of past appeals was almost zero.
If MOE found out there is and admit mistake in marking these 11 students math paper, then the rest of other parents would completely lost trust in all the markings. So, MOE die die must not admit the mistake if there really is.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If MOE found out there is and admit mistake in marking these 11 students math paper, then the rest of other parents would completely lost trust in all the markings. So, MOE die die must not admit the mistake if there really is.
Government is whiter than my white marks and spencer under wear ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I strongly believe pap meritocracy is fake. Otherwise lawyer with disciplinary charges will not be kept as a MP and continue to draw his salary.

Recently news also said a group of parents complained to MOE about dubious PSLE marking system and MOE just gave lip service.
Poor students believing in meritocracy but their math papers were marked carelessly and unfairly.

Wong Kan Seng became a minister. That's all you need to know about PAP's 'meritocracy'. :roflmao:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These poor nan hua students, working hard and yet being marked unjustly. They should apply for scholarships in other countries and settle down there. Don’t come back to this country since they are so bright and smart, consistently scored 95% and above in all their school tests.