• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Outrageous! Christian went to SGH to convert Taoist patients!!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
buddhism also cannot escape from stupidlity lah ...no religion could ...

dude ...dont make me start on buddhism leh ...once i start i cant stop hor ...

what stupidity ???

if Buddhism is stupid.....................then all religions are total rubbish.................

don't tell me you believe in a God who's so obsessed with foreskins, he almost killed Moses becoz he never potong ???!!!

BUDDHISM IS THE ONLY ONE THAT SCIENCE KEEPS PROVING RIGHT.......................OTHER SO-CALLED ''RELIGIONS'' CONSTANTLY PROVEN WRONG BY SCIENCE..............

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For example , those who do bad deeds will become animal in their next life ? :wink:

there are many many people having recounted with great accuracy about having being animals in their past lives................

some of them know more about the animals' anatomy than researchers.........................

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what stupidity ???

if Buddhism is stupid.....................then all religions are total rubbish.................

don't tell me you believe in a God who's so obsessed with foreskins, he almost killed Moses becoz he never potong ???!!!

BUDDHISM IS THE ONLY ONE THAT SCIENCE KEEPS PROVING RIGHT.......................OTHER SO-CALLED ''RELIGIONS'' CONSTANTLY PROVEN WRONG BY SCIENCE..............

yes..you are right ..all religions are full rubbish ...sorry i dont belong to any of them ...:wink: no religion is above another religion ...you mean science confirm that bad guys will turn to animals or insect after he die ?

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
there are many many people having recounted with great accuracy about having being animals in their past lives................

some of them know more about the animals' anatomy than researchers.........................

dude...so you believe that when bad guys die ..they will turn to animals , insect ..ect ? :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
all religions are created by the smart ppl in those days to inject fear to control stupid ppl . the key words is control ppl .

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all religions are created by the smart ppl in those days to inject fear to control stupid ppl . the key words is control ppl .

of course !

Buddhism is not a religion....................

as the Buddha said................'' in truth, there are no Buddhas and no teachings..................''

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dude...so you believe that when bad guys die ..they will turn to animals , insect ..ect ? :wink:

at least proven by people that recalled their past animal lives.................they knew about body parts that are not known to even the animal experts !

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
of course !

Buddhism is not a religion....................

as the Buddha said................'' in truth, there are no Buddhas and no teachings..................''

a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.

the funny thing is many buddhist love to say theirs is not a religion they call it way of life :wink: ...all religious ppl love to think their cult is different from another :wink:

go to Wikipedia search for religion ....Buddhism is one of them :wink: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
at least proven by people that recalled their past animal lives.................they knew about body parts that are not known to even the animal experts !

There are tons of siao Lang story in all religion so your " amazing story "is not that amazing any more ...:wink:

Last edited:

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
On your deathbed?

You should do it whilst you are alive and healthy if such give you satisfaction. There is no need to resort to violence. He will just say okay, it is your choice and leave you to your book. Leave the deathbed time for better things, like breathing.

In the story, the dying man rings a bell, and beautiful women enter the room. In their arms the priest realises the error of his ways. If I am able to do so, I will arrange to expire in the embrace of beautiful women. It will be a most sextisfying scenerio.

As for the xtian, he still gets to eat the essay. It will give me great satisfaction before I croak.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
An open mind is the most valuable thing in the world, most people close their minds to the world because of certain books and the values and ideas they impose.

Whilst good as guideline and to a certain extent, a moral compass for the masses, we should always question. What some religions tells you is never question, that their edited/revised/translated book is so accurate that its never in doubt what it tells you. Even if it means mutiliating/maiming/killing someone.

Thats where i drew the line, so many of these books have chapters taken out and added in, these are all done by man according to the whims and societal needs of that age.

The thing is to understand religion fully, not be blinded by it. I once recalled a fellow believer(I WAS one then) who remarked to me, you know why i believe in that book? Its because its unedited and contributed by so many authors through the ages and it all adds up, there are no conflicts in that book.

I did not know then, what i knew now, that book was edited so many times and chapters added in and taken out that i would think it bear very little semblance to what it originally was meant to be.

Yet people take it so seriously as to kill each other because of some perceived slight in these books. Its really sad.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the story, the dying man rings a bell, and beautiful women enter the room. In their arms the priest realises the error of his ways. If I am able to do so, I will arrange to expire in the embrace of beautiful women. It will be a most sextisfying scenerio.

As for the xtian, he still gets to eat the essay. It will give me great satisfaction before I croak.

What else can you expect from such a writer? Profound thoughts about life and God?

It is your choice as to what you want to do in your dying moments.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
An open mind is the most valuable thing in the world, most people close their minds to the world because of certain books and the values and ideas they impose.

Whilst good as guideline and to a certain extent, a moral compass for the masses, we should always question. What some religions tells you is never question, that their edited/revised/translated book is so accurate that its never in doubt what it tells you. Even if it means mutiliating/maiming/killing someone.

Thats where i drew the line, so many of these books have chapters taken out and added in, these are all done by man according to the whims and societal needs of that age.

The thing is to understand religion fully, not be blinded by it. I once recalled a fellow believer(I WAS one then) who remarked to me, you know why i believe in that book? Its because its unedited and contributed by so many authors through the ages and it all adds up, there are no conflicts in that book.

I did not know then, what i knew now, that book was edited so many times and chapters added in and taken out that i would think it bear very little semblance to what it originally was meant to be.

Yet people take it so seriously as to kill each other because of some perceived slight in these books. Its really sad.

Read your own words again. Your mind is open only to the thought that others are wrong and you are right.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
For example , those who do bad deeds will become animal in their next life ? :wink:

I am not a buddhist and so I cannot answer this with authority.

But if I am living in those times and stand back and observe the workings of Man and Woman in the course of their daily lives, I will be faced with the question of why the wicked prosper and the innocent suffer. The theology of those times would have told me that the reason why we are in different castes is because of the good and evil we did in our lives. Thus the basis for our salvation is to accept our lot and in acceptance, we would have evolved to the next step.

In answering this question, this model of rebirth will be a logical extension of my thesis.

At the end of the day, my answer will be a product of my thinking and the culture I was born into. Thus the answer of rebirth into an animal is the Buddhist and Hindu answer to injustice. Man therefore holds the keys to his own salvation. He did wrong, he pays for it. Once paid, it is over until the next injustice is done.

In contrast, the Muslims, Jews and Christians view injustice as an act that will be punished by God Himself or as an act where they are called to execute justice. The progression is linear. Man was born and Man will die. Once dead, that is the end. Judgement awaits. Justice will be met.

Thus since you asked me, perhaps rhetorically, my answer is to be respectful of others' belief system. All I will say is that this is my belief system......

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not a buddhist and so I cannot answer this with authority.

But if I am living in those times and stand back and observe the workings of Man and Woman in the course of their daily lives, I will be faced with the question of why the wicked prosper and the innocent suffer. The theology of those times would have told me that the reason why we are in different castes is because of the good and evil we did in our lives. Thus the basis for our salvation is to accept our lot and in acceptance, we would have evolved to the next step.

In answering this question, this model of rebirth will be a logical extension of my thesis.

At the end of the day, my answer will be a product of my thinking and the culture I was born into. Thus the answer of rebirth into an animal is the Buddhist and Hindu answer to injustice. Man therefore holds the keys to his own salvation. He did wrong, he pays for it. Once paid, it is over until the next injustice is done.

In contrast, the Muslims, Jews and Christians view injustice as an act that will be punished by God Himself or as an act where they are called to execute justice. The progression is linear. Man was born and Man will die. Once dead, that is the end. Judgement awaits. Justice will be met.

Thus since you asked me, perhaps rhetorically, my answer is to be respectful of others' belief system. All I will say is that this is my belief system......

Your versions of the story is just but a small part of it. Best find out more before you argue somemore. For your case justice will be met. And then what happen? If you are allowed to repent when you are alive, why aren't allow to repent after you died? For the case of the buddhist, you have a chance to come out after your bad karma have expired in hell. Do you have a chance to? I don't think so.

Read you own words again, your mind is open only to the thought that others are wrong and you are right. You are doing it exactly!

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interestingly (to me at least), you can see the clash of cultures once a monothestic religious person meets a polythestic person. Those who worship the Abrahamic God sees life in black and white. The polythestic person is more tolerant since he believes you reap what you sow. Yet the tolerance breaks down when their social order is affected.

Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu went to India. Initially only the untouchables were happy to receive the compassion from her. For she as a christian believes in a God of Compassion, Mercy, Grace, Judgment and Justice. Believing that it is for God to do the Judgment and Justice part, she showed love as an example to the untouchables. Immediately there was a clash of cultures as the higher castes believe that the reason why the untouchables were the untouchables is because of their position in the evolutionary ladder. To bypass the evolutionary ladder is wrong because they have yet to live out their punishment. But her upbringing is that God wants to give them dignity and love. The outcome for her at least, is that she won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 and when she died, the whole of India mourned. At the least, the Indians respect her.

But her case is one of actions, a life characterised by a quality of examples not words. Sad to say, not often repeated unless it is on a sunday and even then, in church.

Look to such people if you want to see God in action.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your versions of the story is just but a small part of it. Best find out more before you argue somemore. For your case justice will be met. And then what happen? If you are allowed to repent when you are alive, why aren't allow to repent after you died? For the case of the buddhist, you have a chance to come out after your bad karma have expired in hell. Do you have a chance to? I don't think so.

Read you own words again, your mind is open only to the thought that others are wrong and you are right. You are doing it exactly!

If you really believe this is the case with me, then take my words with skepticism.

On the other hand, there are many aspects to explore. What I said is only one. You should do your own exploration instead of an insistence that Christians are wrong, those who believe in religion are closed-minded. You should also consider that atheists and agnostics can be closed-minded too. Only then can you judge the facts on their own merits and come to your own conclusion.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides I don't challenge your conclusion. All I am saying is that from the Christian perspective, you are accountable for your own accounts before God. There will be a Judgment where Justice will be executed and once executed, there is no appeal.

If your conclusion leads you not to believe in it, it is okay by me.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you really believe this is the case with me, then take my words with skepticism.

On the other hand, there are many aspects to explore. What I said is only one. You should do your own exploration instead of an insistence that Christians are wrong, those who believe in religion are closed-minded. You should also consider that atheists and agnostics can be closed-minded too. Only then can you judge the facts on their own merits and come to your own conclusion.

There are many realms to explore. What you have said is only one. You should do your own exploration instead of an insistence that other religions are wrong, those who believe in religion are closed-minded. You should also consider that christians are closed-minded too. Only then can you judge the facts on their own merits and come to your own conclusions.