• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Outrageous! Christian went to SGH to convert Taoist patients!!

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
中央医院,禁止宣道传教!这相信是本地第一家明文禁止宣道传教的医院。

因病患家属投诉义工在病房内向病患传教,中央医院已在医院范围内广贴告示,禁止一切宣教活动。告示上写明:“本院尊重各族宗教信仰,工作人员、病患、探访者及义工,一律不得将本身的宗教信仰强加于他人身上。”

据了解,一名信奉道教的病患家属,因不满基督教团体义工在父亲的病榻前传教,愤而写信向卫生部投诉

病患家属陈先生(38岁)表示,上月4日,他父亲病重留医,一名女义工突然到床前,问他的父亲要不要学折纸。

“我拒绝她的好意,她随即问起我父亲的情况,接着自称她是中风病患,是‘主救了她’,开始谈论她的信仰。”:oIo:

陈先生说,父亲留医已让他心力交瘁,又遇上这名义工,更让他烦上加烦,因此希望医院不会允许这些传教人士在家属面临困难时,骚扰他们。

他的投诉信引起医院关注,经过商讨后,医院决定张贴告示禁止传教。

另3医院也不许病房传教。完整报道,请翻阅26.05.2011《联合晚报》。

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
its not surprise that christains go around looking for members ...not enough donation from their own members .

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so a case of the most ignorant fool trying to convert people to a fictional religion...................LOL

the Christian fool fail to realize..............

in truth, there's no one to convert and nothing to convert to..............

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly I must applaud SGH for their bold action and our Health ministry for their decisive actions and fairness. . but every Singaporeans must play a part to stop such irresponsible actions.

I think this covert Christian conversion campaign have been going on in hospitals for the past 10 plus years if i am not mistaken.I remember there was a colleague who has a sick child and she was shocked when she discovered a group of Christians praying in her son's room when she visited.They even attempt to convert her later. That was in 1996. This issue comes to light now because the man wrote to the Health Ministry.

Many of the 'volunteers' in hospitals are actually evangelists who uses the apportunities for proselytisation. I'm glad that our govt and hospitals are fair and secular and forbid this anti-social acts. Besides the hospitals, there are also other venues used for proseytisation such as schools,jails and many others. Normally the victims are Taoist/buddhist who usually tolerated these evangelists due to their belief in respecting all religions. But it seems it is exactly this tolerance that these ppl took advantage of in their zealous actions to condemn and convert others.

Lentor

Alfrescian
Loyal
not much of a difference from the 'cult' that i was in previously. luckily i managed to escape from it unscathed else i would already being a deadman in some middle east countries and likely malaysia/indonesia too.
too much of over zealous and crazy people in that 'cult'.
sometimes i wonder whether had the cult turned it's believers crazy or the believers had turned it into a violent/crazy/murderous religion.

i am a free thinker now and i am happy to be one.

Last edited:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I do not think there is anything wrong about praying for the sick and their recovery. That is not conversion but a message that God loves them and they are here because they believe in this. So long as a person is of legal age and can make his/her decision, then it should be okay. It is the patient's own body and it is not as though saying 'yes' make that person a Christian with proper identity card changes.

That person complains and SGH taken action. His prejudice distorts an act of concern for his loved one into one of conversion. His actions also deny others from making their own choices. As a result, those who could have been healed are denied the healing because of that person.

Nonetheless Christians who see the needs of the patients can always say a silent prayer of recovery for the patients.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally I do not think there is anything wrong ....not conversion but a message ......person complains and SGH taken action. His prejudice distorts an act of concern .....Christians who see the needs of the patients can always say a silent prayer of recovery for the patients.

Let me ask you one question-will you allow Muslims and Buddhist to pray and preach to your Christian family members and friends in hospitals also?

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me ask you one question-will you allow Muslims and Buddhist to pray and preach to your Christian family members and friends in hospitals also?

I said the person must be of legal age, right?

I also said that saying 'yes' must not result in identity card changes, right?

I also said prayers, not preaching, right?

Let me ask you, have you ever seen patients where the doctors, nurses, medicines given up hope and the patient is on heroin drip? If all you can do is to say a prayer, will you not do so?

And my point is that if you cannot do it openly, then do it silently. It is for the patient and our desire for the patient to live longer.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I do not think there is anything wrong about praying for the sick and their recovery. That is not conversion but a message that God loves them and they are here because they believe in this. So long as a person is of legal age and can make his/her decision, then it should be okay. It is the patient's own body and it is not as though saying 'yes' make that person a Christian with proper identity card changes.

That person complains and SGH taken action. His prejudice distorts an act of concern for his loved one into one of conversion. His actions also deny others from making their own choices. As a result, those who could have been healed are denied the healing because of that person.

Nonetheless Christians who see the needs of the patients can always say a silent prayer of recovery for the patients.

And maybe convert your children and parents to buddhist or muslim while they are resting in the hospital?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I said the person must be of legal age, right?

I also said that saying 'yes' must not result in identity card changes, right?

I also said prayers, not preaching, right?

Let me ask you, have you ever seen patients where the doctors, nurses, medicines given up hope and the patient is on heroin drip? If all you can do is to say a prayer, will you not do so?

And my point is that if you cannot do it openly, then do it silently. It is for the patient and our desire for the patient to live longer.

Going to a hospital to do this on purpose is an excuse for trying to convert people from other religions while they are most vulnerable!

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going to a hospital to do this on purpose is an excuse for trying to convert people from other religions while they are most vulnerable!

That is why I said there is no arguing with bigots.

Does a prayer equate to conversion?

Are they forced to receive the prayer?

After they are healed, are they not allowed to say, "hey thanks, but I think I owe it to the doctors?"?​

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
And maybe convert your children and parents to buddhist or muslim while they are resting in the hospital?

There is no need to get personal.

I said of legal age.

I should add: of sound mind too.

Need to repeat again: prayer not conversion

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no need to get personal.

I said of legal age.

I should add: of sound mind too.

Need to repeat again: prayer not conversion

In that case on the criteria that you have given, I'd say we balance it with buddhist and muslims and hindhu preachers to go into the hospital to do their prayer in their religion to the christians as well.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
In that case on the criteria that you have given, I'd say we balance it with buddhist and muslims and hindhu preachers to go into the hospital to do their prayer in their religion to the christians as well.

I knew you would say that :smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those christains are like newton hawkers .. Going table to table looking for customers :wink:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.....we balance it with buddhist and muslims and hindhu preachers to go into the hospital to do their prayer in their religion to the christians as well.

This is a valid point.

Once you allow one religion to do it, you cannot stop other religions from doing so.There will be chaos in the wards when you have all the religions lining up to say their prayers to the sick.

Singapore has been quite tolerant of different religions but try doing it in other countries and the consequence will be dire.

Will the Christians doing it here attempt to repeat it in say the Arab countries, Southern Philippines , Southern Thailand or even Malaysia ?.
Mabye you can try doing it in Ireland/Northern Ireland to your fellow Christians i.e Catholics to Protestants and and vice versa.

We should not bring religion into the secular area.

Last edited:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
not sure about a sound christian mind,,,

can someone of a sound mind believe in a

6000 year old earth
a talking snake
a talking donkey
earth stopped revolving so god can allow his followers to kill before sun dwn
a virgin birth?

these are of sound minds? sure,,,,,, a sound mind only wants your 10%

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
If the power of the supreme being and prayers were so powerful, there would not be a need for doctors and hospitals. They would not be going to hospitals but instead go straight to their congregation where prayers can be done for them.

Please pray for amputees whilst one is at it. Don't tell me the sign of Jonah.

Science and the church is always at some form of loggerheads but when there is some medical breakthrough which resulted in cures, then they will say their father works through mysterious ways, through hands of so and so, they cured people.

When AIDS was first discovered, folks rushed to say its a curse from the heavens for sins committed by man. When however a cure is found, they will say this is through the grace of .......