• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Outrageous! Christian went to SGH to convert Taoist patients!!

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
While i cannot disagreed that praying for the sick is good, there is a malicious intention for some who uses "praying for the sick" for proselytisation purposes. My collegue which i mentioned earlier allowed our Muslim collegues to say some Muslim prayers for her son because they were genuinely sincere in wanting the sick boy to recover and that's all. There was no mentioning of the Islamic religion, or mention of how becoming a believer will cure that child. Similarly a Buddhist friend said some Buddhist prayers and that's it. But the church people were so different. My colleague did not know these church people and while she allow them to pray, they did so by physically touching the child which my colleague as a non-Christian felt uneasy. According to her, they then proceed to try to convert her by talking about their religious experience and even go into detail about how their religion is superior than hers. This went for for nearly an a quarter of an hour until the colleague ask a nurse for help. It was really an irresponsible and anti-social act.
It is quite easy to see a genuine person trying to assist a sick person and another person with ulterior motive to seek to proselytise. The hospital as well as all public space must be secular and not allow religon to create unnecessary despair and tension which can cause even more pain for the sick person, their family and friends. There is no excuse for this.

Last edited:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
While i cannot disagreed that praying for the sick is good, there is a malicious intention for some who uses "praying for the sick" for proselytisation purposes. My collegue which i mentioned earlier allowed our Muslim collegues to say some Muslim prayers for her son because they were genuinely sincere in wanting the sick boy to recover and that's all. There was no mentioning of the Islamic religion, or mention of how becoming a believer will cure that child. Similarly a Buddhist friend said some Buddhist prayers and that's it. But the church people were so different. My colleague did not know these church people and while she allow them to pray, they did so by physically touching the child which my colleague as a non-Christian felt uneasy. According to her, they then proceed to try to convert her by talking about their religious experience and even go into detail about how their religion is superior than hers. This went for for nearly an a quarter of an hour until the colleague ask a nurse for help. It was really an irresponsible and anti-social act.
It is quite easy to see a genuine person trying to assist a sick person and another person with ulterior motive to seek to proselytise. The hospital as well as all public space must be secular and not allow religon to create unnecessary despair and tension which can cause even more pain for the sick person, their family and friends. There is no excuse for this.

If that person is indeed trying to proselytise (i guess the meaning of this word is to convert another to his own faith) in the midst of all these pain, then he/she must have been very insensitive.

I am sorry that your colleague had such an encounter.

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever read A Dialogue Between a Priest and a Dying Man by the Marquis de Sade? If I am on my death bed and a xtian tries to convert me, I am going to retaliate and deconvert him.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Now you guys know why Jesus kena nail to the cross ? Because ppl back then fucking tulan with " touts " .:wink:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My point is most ppl tulan christains .. ....

If what you say is true, GY will have no chance of being EP.

Still think its better to leave religion out of politics .
A guy who keeps on talking about God or prayers should be working for a religious group and not be in politics.This is a volatile mix.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If what you say is true, GY will have no chance of being EP.

Still think its better to leave religion out of politics .
A guy who keeps on talking about God or prayers should be working for a religious group and not be in politics.This is a volatile mix.

Too bad .. Alot of politician likes to mix them up .. Look at Tibet , Muslim country and America ( the US dollars note somemore got the word in god we trust ) .

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
as Friedrich Nietzsche said...................''Buddhism is 100 times more realistic than Christianity''

buddhism also cannot escape from stupidlity lah ...no religion could ...

dude ...dont make me start on buddhism leh ...once i start i cant stop hor ...

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
By expounding the merits of atheism and highlighting his stupidity. If the bugger doesn't listen, I'll shove the whole essay down his throat.

On your deathbed?

You should do it whilst you are alive and healthy if such give you satisfaction. There is no need to resort to violence. He will just say okay, it is your choice and leave you to your book. Leave the deathbed time for better things, like breathing.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
buddhism also cannot escape from stupidlity lah ...no religion could ...

dude ...dont make me start on buddhism leh ...once i start i cant stop hor ...

You need to be humble. Buddha said a lot of valuable things.