• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Only If Lim Chin Siong Had Become Sg PM!

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
On balance, I for one do not think Mao was a true idealist.

I do. Through and through. I recommend you read his poetry for better insight into that man.

For that matter neither is Castro nor was Lenin. Now Marx on the otherhand, maybe but then again he was never a true politician so he does not count in this regard:wink:

Well given you're so selective about calling anyone an Idealist, it's strange that you would tag LCS one.

:wink:

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah... Therefore the tag of "successful leader" is relative.

Many Taiwanese still regard Mao as an evil dictator who brought the Chinese civilisation backwards.

Chiang was the evil dictator in mainland China while Mao was the one in Taiwan.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No prob. Lai Te's body was dumped in Chao Praya.... along with the other rubbish of Bangkok.

Now back to your question about a "successful leader who is/was an idealist" ... Was Mao a "successful leader"?
Actually that could not be corroborated, including the supposed murder even by the Thai reds. It was Chin Peng's version as he went to Bangkok to track him. It was raised again during the Canberra debriefing. To his colleagues he later added on that the Thai reds were supposed to capture Lai for "interrogation" but they stuffed it up and and do not want to talk about the incident.

The fact that it was raised in Canberra tells you that there are doubts.

Another Phey Yew Kok scenario.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's true. Then again, he had no more friends to run to at the end of the war.

With the reds and Brits looking for him, and considering the primitive transport system back then ..... where could he have disappeared to?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's true. Then again, he had no more friends to run to at the end of the war.

With the reds and Brits looking for him, and considering the primitive transport system back then ..... where could he have disappeared to?
He first fled to HK then the trail disappears. Bear in mind that HK was Brit colony.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like I said before, I look at a man's words and actions in toto (as best as can be) before making up my mind as to whether one is a true idealist. I suggest you go read the excellent and insightful books on Mao by his personal physician - "The Private Life of Chairman Mao" by Dr. Li Zisui, and "Mao: The Unknown Story" by Jung Chang, to try and get a more balanced view on Mao:wink:

I do. Through and through. I recommend you read his poetry for better insight into that man.

Well given you're so selective about calling anyone an Idealist, it's strange that you would tag LCS one.

:wink:

As for Lim Chin Siong, I base my pov from what I have read and also from talking to people who personally interacted with him over those critical years.:wink:

Btw I don't think I am "so selective" as I was merely pointing out examples.